Viewing 40 posts - 39,881 through 39,920 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • AD

I’m really disappointed about mini-THM being ‘racially abused’ in Edinburgh.
    I lived in Edinburgh as a student for four years and still visit 5 – 6 times a year. In all the time I have spent in the city I have never had any hassle because of my (admittedly Northern) English accent. I must just be lucky…

tjagain

Ta Duckman.

THM – I suggest you report the racist posts you have seen.

My guess is that along with the rest of your distorted worldview and your refusal to acknowledge your own racism your idea of what is racist is so far out that there were none.

tjagain

AD – 25 years in Edinburgh with a very english name and accent and I have never had this – even in rough pubs in leith.

AD

TJ – I used to avoid the pubs in Leith in the early/mid 90’s – but more because I was student then rather than English…
    That part of the city is probably the most changed!

sobriety
    Free Member

Maybe mini-THM is just like their Dad?

metalheart
    Free Member

Maybe

No maybes at all – you are wrong

😉

metalheart
    Free Member

apologising for “racism”

😯

zippykona

Going back a million pages , will it cost me more to import my chocolates?

sobriety
    Free Member

Maybe.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

We won’t know until somebody throws the deal out at the last minute

tjagain

AD – I have lived in leith since 92

AD

TJ – I think we are both agreeing with each other! The only reason I avoided Leith in the early 90’s was because I was a student then – not because I’m English 😀

tjagain

Oh yes – yours and mine experiences are by far and away the majority view. anti english racism exists but overt anti english statements? Very rare which is why its not a huge leap to think that THM junior might have been behaving like his father thus triggering the event.

Most of us take a lot of our attitudes from our parents.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

THM – I suggest you report the racist posts you have seen.

On the contrary much better that true colours are seen in all their glory (sic) such a repeated victim blaming to excuse racism. See above.True colours 100%.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sorry which post are you complaining about, your point is a bit shit when we don’t know what your whining about

tjagain

Have you reported it yet THM?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No, read above for the reason. It’s better for people to see your behaviour for what it is. On that point, I will leave you to your traditional role. I’m out of this sub-conversation. Enjoy, the rest of us will.

zippykona

Anyway back to ME.
    I thought because NI was staying the same as Eire and we were staying the same as NI we were effectively staying in the single market.
    Where am I going wrong?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well still can’t find an offensive or racist post there, please help us we are all to thick to follow you.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The word “in”

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ll give it a minute but still not getting you there

sobriety
    Free Member

On the contrary much better that true colours are seen in all their glory (sic) such a repeated victim blaming to excuse racism. See above.True colours 100%.

😆

anagallis_arvensis

THM – you DID get warned / banned for racist anti scots slurs. One you repeated many times.

You could be a man and admit your actions and apologise. Or you could keep on making false statements about this. I can’t quote the posts because they were removed but it is true this happened and many of us remember.

True dat

zokes
    Free Member

THM still playing the victim? 😆

This really is 1000+ pages of exactly the same script copied and pasted.

tjagain

zippykona – Member

Anyway back to ME.
    I thought because NI was staying the same as Eire and we were staying the same as NI we were effectively staying in the single market.
    Where am I going wrong?

Almost – obeying the rules to keep access to the single market

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

In the fantasy minds of remoaners probably deemed true. So does that make all humans rich now 😉 ?

OOI Mike, intrigued that you are coming back to the UK given the gloomy outlook you appear to expect (excuse the question if it is for very personal reasons)?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

tell you what THM, I’ll tell you if you can pick out the post that you are calling racist….

AD

Rejoice – the Sunday Express says we have the the EU ‘over a barrel’. Happy days.

dannyh
    Free Member

Given all the sexual tension, when are THM and TJ going to get a room?

tjagain

On human rights I have seen no mainstream commentators looking at the issue that the european convention on human rights is incorporated into Scots law and cannot be changed without the consent of holyrood which will not be given. So Scotland will still have the ECHR as an overiding legal recourse. Anyone / thing operating UK wide will still be subject to the ECHR and any law passed by Westminster that breaches it but is supposed to act UK wide will be in breach of scots law

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

What has brexit got to do with ECHR?

tjagain

Danny – I could heal him 😉

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjlSiASsUIs[/video]

mikewsmith
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member

about the same as claiming racism but not being able to point at it?

tjagain

The UK’s Brexit negotiator David Davis has described the deal struck by Theresa May to move to the next phase of talks as a “statement of intent”.

He said it was not “legally enforceable” and if the UK failed to get a trade deal with the EU then it would not pay its divorce bill.

Now thats really going to play well in Brussels. Could anything be more effective in making the EU negotiators harden their stance and to ensure there is a legal committment before trade talks start?

And he spelled out the kind of trade deal he wanted with the EU, describing it as “Canada plus plus plus”.

Fantasy land. this is already ruled out.

Edukator
    Free Member

Mini-whoevers pick up behaviour from their parents, peers, schooling and society in general.

Someone I know was punched in the face for acidentally spilling a tiny volume of beer on someone in a pub when jostled. I’m sure that had he never apologised he wouldn’t have been punched. The problem was that the apology was dleivered with an accent that goes down very well with affluent Solent racing types and not so well elsewhere. It had nothing to do with racism and a lot do do with Britain’s class problem.

tjagain

Mike – ECHR and removing the UK from this is one of the main thrusts of the whole shambles

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Mike I made specific reference to a racist cartoon – my parents cames to the UK just before I was born but my brother was born in Zambia. He was a banker for part of his life but did not wear stereotypical clothing nor does he have large lips as portrayed – and to racist apologists on previous pages. They are easy to read unless you are an apologist too. Your choice.

kelvin

Our current Conservative Prime Minister has said that she wants us to pull out of the ECHR.

We can’t pull out of the ECHR while being members of the EU.

The EU will want to make any deal that gives us a “close relationship” dependent on ECHR.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

sorry TJ just still trying to get to the bottom of the accusations levelled at somebody. Seems THM doesn’t want to tell us, we should all appreciate how thick we are not to have worked it out by now.

Brexit is about removing all the things that have stopped the UK being great like beating prisoners, stopping democracy, poisoning beaches and rivers. You know all the things Germany struggled through to be a nation returning a surplus despite all of that and being part of the Euro.

Viewing 40 posts - 39,881 through 39,920 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.