Viewing 40 posts - 34,801 through 34,840 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • kimbers

Who knows what to expect of May anymore, as she lurches from one own-goal to the next.

Whatever her talents may be it’s obvious that doing interviews, public speaking or interacting with actual people are not among them.

Junkyard
    Free Member

We are well into the realms of fantasy land if folk expect the PM to go on radio and state she is opposed to Brexshit in the middle of leading the negotiations

I dont think it matters as her “refusal” let us know the answer anyway.

As aracer noted she stayed stum to appease Tories not to say anything to the EU. It was to paper over obvious cracks within her own party not to make the ice lady more potent when whacking the EU negotiators into submission. If you think that performance scared them then you are the delusional one.

Its a loaded question and she could have just said my personal opinion is of no relevance i serve the people and their will is clear so I will do my duty for the country I love and so proudly serve.

Its not hard to not make a pigs ear of it ….even I have the diplomacy to do this 😉

mefty
    Free Member

Has anyone here come to regret their choice?

Not regret, but I think I might vote Brexit now, but there have been plenty of polls and they consistently show there is no major movement and a significant majority is against a further referendum.

Edukator
    Free Member

The people who should regret are those who didn’t vote at all. I think that if there were to be a second referendum any difference would come from those didn’t vote first time around.

kimbers

Would be funny to see a 2nd ref
    Johnson would back remain if he thought it’d make him PM ! THE

The main parties so split on it all

The Tories still chewing pieces off each other over Europe hence Maybot being the weakest PM in a generation !

Would there be another bus of lies for the gullible though ?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Probably but it would be sponsored by remoaners this time

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

plenty of polls and they consistently show there is no major movement and a significant majority is against a further referendum

Since when has the will of the people been important (on this thread)?

The minority must prevail…call it all off now 😀

mefty
    Free Member

But it is ok, JC is going to veto “NO deal”, poor chump hasn’t worked out that he has already voted for it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Isn’t he going for a “jobs first Brexshit” ?

Sounds a sure fire winner with his mates.

kimbers

I think you’ll find that May is the master of empty soundbites !

The remoaner bus could be that Peter Norths revised Brexit vision of decimation…

Brexit at any cost did May say today?

tjagain

I do love this idea that a one off vote settles UK policy for ever and cannot be changed.

Its a simply ludicrous suggestion. Of course another referendum can be held especially now that the true picture of disaster is getting harder and harder to hide.

thats how democracy works.

tjagain

mefty – Member

Not regret, but I think I might vote Brexit now, but there have been plenty of polls and they consistently show there is no major movement and a significant majority is against a further referendum.

Nonsense. Are right wing brexiteers unable to see the reality? It is absolutly clear that a second referendum would have a large remain majority

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-second-eu-referendum-support-growing-survey-voters-remain-vote-leave-icm-a7846596.html

Britain would vote to remain in the EU in second referendum

and numerous o0ther sources.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

[quitling]But Labour…[/quitling]

thecaptain
    Free Member

Of course another referendum can be held

What was that definition of insanity again?

binners

This article in today’s Guardian sums up the Unhinged lunacy of the extremists presently driving current Brexit policy

It’s not that they don’t know about the shitstorm they’re ushering in. They know alright, but they just dont care.

Why? Because the ‘little people’ will suffer immeasurabley, but they’ll do alright, right? So it’s all good!

Well….

There are many Tory MP’s, who are actually sane, who are (privately) expressing the view that this is where it’ll end up if the fruit loop hardliners get the Turbo-Thatcherite, regulation and tax free, corporate wet dream Brexit they’ve longed for

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Mefty – are you going to thank TJ for posting a link that proved your point and falsified his?

To post it with “nonsense” too is comic value over and above the call of duty

Remoaners ability to make things up is outstanding. Will the tag team be able to trump it?

tjagain

thecaptain – Member

Of course another referendum can be held

What was that definition of insanity again? [/quote]

it only stands if you get the same answer. Its clear it would be a large remain majority

thecaptain
    Free Member

No, it stands if you expect a different answer. Oops.

🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

I do love this idea that a one off vote settles UK policy for ever and cannot be changed.

Was this not what you were arguing would be the outcome the second definitive one ?

I think their should be another but think it is unlikely unless MP’s grow a back bone.

igm

teamhurtmore – Member
    Probably but it would be sponsored by remoaners this time

Just for fun of course… what would you write on the bus?

kimbers

Im not sure, about a 2nd vote would go, I think plenty of people believe the hype about it being all the EUs fault that they haven’t immediately capitulated as the brexies said they would.

The messy compromises of reality, transitions etc, not nearly as exciting as the swashbuckling fantasy !

Tho watching Davis & May waste time with pointless elections and whining about no trade talks, you’d think that the easiest trade deals in history, and us holding all the cards the day after the vote, not threatening our place in the single market ….. 🙂 some people might have realised theres not gonna be any cake?

aracer
    Free Member

Is it carrying on doing something which is quite clearly shit, because a snapshot of public opinion was marginally in favour?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think plenty of people believe the hype about it being an the EUs fault

I said this pages back – it would become the new narrative. Even those who claim to have voted remain now bleat it continuously – either it’s the EU’s fault or “imagine this in Labour’s hands”. It’s party-line above all else.

mattyfez

Is it carrying on doing something which is quite clearly shit, because a snapshot of public opinion was marginally in favour?

It’s a little bit more complicated than einsteins definition of insanity in this context. But not by much.

Given that most tories are incredibly rich and rely on thier offshore investments, and tax dodges they are essentially slaves to external influence masquerading as a government to preserve thier personal wealth.
    They grabbed the ball and they’ve run right down the pitch with it.

The leavers can’t say anything about it because that is what they voted for, the remainers are just like WTF.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Just for fun of course… what would you write on the bus?

“Are we there yet?”

Couldn’t you guess?!? 😉

But I would miss the comedy gold moments like ^ once this is over.

kimbers

Shirley it’d be ‘Look out, Cliff !’

mattyfez

Those pesky cliffs. Getting in the way of progress.

mefty
    Free Member

Mefty – are you going to thank TJ for posting a link that proved your point and falsified his?

To be honest I didn’t bother reading it, but as you drew my attention to it and no doubt his, I rather enjoyed the payoff line in the article he subsequently posted

“depressing findings overall for remaining Remainers and those in favor of a soft Brexit. Public opinion seems hostile to things that would keep us in the single market, to voting again and to paying what it seems the EU might ask us for. Strikingly, all this despite confidence in the outcome waning.”

yourguitarhero
    Free Member
    tjagain

Actually it proved my point and showed how false his is

Polls clearly show an increasing number of people want a second referendum and that an increasing number want to remain. those are the simple facts. Far righties can falsify and misrepresent but the truth is clear.

dudeofdoom

They grabbed the ball and they’ve run right down the pitch with it.

An wiv the great repeal bill will change the rules so an own goals a win 🙁

Cant wait for ‘The Great Brexit Scandal’ movie to be made of this all tbh.

Should be a hell of a comedy.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

the truth is clear

It is. And at least Mefty uses it.

dissonance

Its especially fun when people claim its undemocratic not to consider it a one off choice. Which is odd considering the “you had the vote now you have one party” is a firm favourite of proto dicatorships who took the democratic rather than coup approach.

kimbers

So Fox, flapping around because other WTO countries dont agree with our future quotas, no response, just hope!

Its like Mays intervention with TRump in the Bombardier Tarrif row… she managed to influence the penalty up from 220% to 300% 🙂

binners

A calm, rational and balanced view on Phillip Hammond from todays Daily Heil

They really are all mental! Looks like they’re getting themselves worked up into another ‘Enemies of the People’ dummy-spitting frenzy

This afternoon we’ll have groundhog day again as David Davis adopts his usual smug, self-satisfied simpleton face, and assures everyone that the latest round of talks has gone great, and everything is progressing nicely, while Michael Barnier looks on mystified and asserts that no progress has been made at all. Again

Edukator
    Free Member

Daily Mail filter avoidance! BAN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😛

mattjg
    Free Member

The people who voted to take your kids rights off them.

Remember guys, their vote counts the same as yours, that’s democracy!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/magazine-41584532/the-truth-about-hate-crime-and-brexit

shermer75
    Free Member

Things are going well then lol

Barnier says EU and UK have reached ‘deadlock’ over money, which is ‘very disturbing’

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2017/oct/12/david-davis–michel-barnier-press-conference-brexit-to-give-brexit-update-amid-reports-talks-at-standstill-politics-live

binners

And the pound has gone into freefall again in response.

Brilliant!

Viewing 40 posts - 34,801 through 34,840 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.