Viewing 40 posts - 9,841 through 9,880 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • DrJ

I wonder what happen when promises in the Better Together programme start to disappear

What on earth gives you the idea that any of them give the tiniest whiff of fart gas about that? You really haven’t understood this, have you?

jambalaya
    Free Member

mrleb £10bn (approx £200m a week) is fhe net figure, per anum and rising as the UK outperforms the EU (contribution calculation includes a relative element)

Interesting coverage from Germany recently as they calculated their EU budget contribution will have to rise by at least €5bn, as you can imagine many are not happy about that. Sarkozy was pretty firey too this weekend as election warms up saying he would take various firm steps to deport terorist suspects, when told that was against eu law he said he would do it anyway and that the eu would ha e to change or just accept it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@gordi an iS would be in freefall right now with oil at $45 and a very uncertain EU status, sent to the backnof the que due to pressure from Spain worried about Catalonia. The currency question still not answered of course

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The currency question still not answered of course

Yes, it has been. Stiglitz admitted they fu88ed it up. One example where lying came back to bite the perpetrators on the backside.

If only the same would happen with the Brexit BS!

scotroutes

Got that quote from Mr Stiglitz THM?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Words to that effect, yes thanks Scottie!

They wont get away with that charade again. New joke strategy is to pretend that the Euro is the saviour! One day you boys will get some decent, economically literate leaders!

Or perhaps, the ends really do justify any means after all?

cchris2lou

Jambalaya, you keep mentioning Sarkozy but he is not ahead in the polls. Juppe has a better chance of winning it.

Quite amazing that none of the Leave campaign leaders are not pushed more explain their promises.

scotroutes

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes thanks – and his current views that Dear Nicola is wrong to believe that the Euro is the correct option for Scotland.

He and I are now aligned on what would need to happen in terms of the currency arrangement – he juts took his time. Still we got there in the end – ok the SNP havent but dont forget…..ends jutsify…..

scotroutes

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes thanks – do you not read papers?

Joseph’s language is more diplomatic of course – why bite the hand that feeds you?

2014: “The currency is a non-issue”. Did he really say that? Ends justify…

2016: “I think in hindsight that may have been a mistake. It would be a mistake to join the euro by the way, so what they would have needed to do is perhaps to resurrect the Scottish pound, and let it float.”

He saw the light eventually, unlike your leader.

scotroutes

I think in hindsight that may have been a mistake.

Thank you. Trying to revise history? Oh teh ironing.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thank you.

Pleasure – you need some truth up there

Now Prof Stiglitz has told BBC Scotland the currency proposal “may have been a mistake” – not on presentational grounds, but on economic ones.

Economics always trumps lying political spinning in the end!

Still keep living the lie if it makes you feel better – the truth is far less palatable.

scotroutes

Lying? It’s what you do -as I’ve just highlighted in this thread.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

ah, saltire tinted glasses!

anyone can make their own minds up

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-37219612

From minute 6 onwards and after minute 9

He now argues for a Scottish pound as I argued at the time. They screwed up on the currency issue. Obvious at the time (remember the thread) and he sees it as obvious now.

gordimhor

“do you not read papers”
    Do you think you’ll find the truth in the papers? Thm

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Not always – but their quotes are normally reasonably reliable

Plus – scottie can listen to Stiglitz’s words in the clip I linked to.

Its very clear – yS and Stiglitz screwed up on the currency.

philxx1975
    Free Member

After all these pages I figured out what the complaints are all about, basically people have figured out Britain is shite, we have no industry left, apart from idiots who think we have ,lower skills and education and are reliant for handouts from other countries to hide behind, great but don’t let that poke anyone into improving anything by their own hand let’s carry on blaming everyone else.

kimbers

immature pics of the ukip leadership handover anyone?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Is it too late to change my vote to supporting leaving?

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Brexit means Brexit eddiebaby.

We’re leaving with or without your vote!! Fish and blue passports all round!

jambalaya
    Free Member

More Humble Pie.

This time from the OECD who where yet another political organisation predicting doom and gloom post a Brexit vote. Today they have confirmed far from a recession we will see growth in 2016 and 2017 (at a lower rate). ONS has gone further reporting actual data for the past 3 months which has shown Brexit vote has had virtually no impact on economic activity.

Punishment budget – no
    Market crash – no
    Property market crash – no
    UK recession – no
    Global recession – no

What we have is 5-10% lower currency (hurts our holiday spending helps exporters) and a cut in interest rates

molgrips
    Free Member

And we’re not in political or constitutional turmoil and full of racists either! Everything’s brilliant!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@tmh iS coukd not have had a Scottish £ and joined the EU, the reason Salmond stuck with the UK £ argument is that he felt the € would be a deal killer, Scots have to change money and get sucked into to blackhole that is the eurozone bailout

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Dont be to quick to celebrate

Remember after the folly of the vote, we have a considerable loosening of policy – a cut in IR, higher taxes on savers and the boost of a weaker pound. Unsurprising that this means that consumption has remained bouyant. But that is not the path to sustained recovery.

Indicators remain mixed with some leading ones suggesting weaker growth ahead, other show that activity has remained robust. Fingers crossed that the folly has not created too much harm.

Hubris alert….

5thElefant
    Free Member

WW3 hasn’t broken out in Europe either. Yay!

molgrips
    Free Member

WW3 hasn’t broken out in Europe either.

Yet…

zippykona

They are still closing my local hospital though.
    There are still bogey men trying to get into my country.
    I was hoping all that sort of stuff would have been sorted by now.

GrahamS

Jamba when there are anti-Brexit results:
    “Ignore it. Short term means nothing. We need to wait at least a decade. Maybe two.”

Jamba when there are pro-Brexit results:
    “Look at this. Eat humble pie. It has hurt less than expected.”

And all of this ignoring the massive elephant in the room: we haven’t left yet!

😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

@molgrips – no constitutional turnoil just Remainers (or more accurately Re-Moaners) trying to stir up trouble aided by papers generating clickbait. Tories sorted out new Government in short order. Racists – we have always had those unfortunately

Tenuous
    Free Member

We haven’t actually left yet, so I’d say it’s a bit early to judge the impact.

br
    Free Member

Not sure you’ve noticed, but while we had a vote we haven’t actually fundamental changed anything, other than the Cabinet.

kimbers

depressing chat with a Hungarian student and Barrista who said her and her Polish colleagues had been randomly racially abused by customers post Brexit, having never been had it happen in the shop before, this was in Croydon tho

the brexiters must be bursting with pride at this new utopia they have created

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

@tmh iS coukd not have had a Scottish £ and joined the EU, the reason Salmond stuck with the UK £ argument is that he felt the € would be a deal killer, Scots have to change money and get sucked into to blackhole that is the eurozone bailout

I doubt the iS thinking even extended that far.

To achieve there objectives they need a S£ – but there a consequences that they need to avoid. The unpalatable truth for the DO and dear Nicola is that Scotland’s interests are best served by the status quo. Unfortunately that doesnt serve their individual agendas.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Damn I forgot WW3 – thanks 5th

Graham I believe the real benefits will take sometime to show, the IMF/OECD/Osbourne said the negatives/recession would appear immediately – they had graphs and everything 8)

crankboy
    Free Member

go on then jam explain where sovereign power lies in the UK now?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

From the report in question

The post-referendum picture is still emerging and will continue to do so over coming months, quarters and years. Information so far generally covers short-term indicators with other important information not yet available. Nevertheless, there has been no sign of a major collapse in confidence and, within the data that is available, some indicators of strength.

Hardly humble pie.

molgrips
    Free Member

no constitutional turnoil

*splutter*

Are we in fact talking about the same thing?

And the WW3 discussion was looking 20, 30 years down the line, by the way, so a bit dim to crow about it not having happened three months later.

EDIT actually, not dim, but really **** disingenuous, which does boil my piss a bit to be honest.

zippykona

From my 2 weeks in Majorca we’ve driven on beautiful road surfaces ,seen no litter , been stopped by cops so that children could cross the road ,had fantastic free treatment in a hospital and only had to pay to park once.
    What is so **** wonderful about the uk ? When we told the lady in the hospital that we wouldn’t just be able to wander into a health centre and get stitches removed she looked like we were from a 3rd world country.
    If we are so rich and wonderful why is our country in such a shit state. Don’t blame Europe blame the **** idiots we have “leading”us.

5thElefant
    Free Member

And the WW3 discussion was looking 20, 30 years down the line, by the way, so a bit dim to crow about it not having happened three months later.

You don’t really believe all that’s stopping Johnie foreigner from stuffing each other in ovens again is our stiff upper lip do you? 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 9,841 through 9,880 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.