Viewing 40 posts - 45,881 through 45,920 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • Riksbar

Zippykona, it looks like when we next fight the battle  of Umboto Gorge, we’ll be armed with the fruit.

kimbers

This is exactly as predicted by project fear & remarkably by Economists For Brexit.

They reckon that if we go hard brexit we’ll have to cut all tarifs & this will boost trade but we will lose much of our manufacturing, with these jobs being replaced in the food processing industry.

The ‘Britain Alone’ scenario: how Economists for Brexit defy the laws of gravity

zippykona

We can mint all of the workers who lose their jobs a special “Hero of the British empire “ medal .

They can even have a fast track queue at the job centre.

I reckon they’ll make a fortune if they flourish their medals when out begging.

Imagine the excitement if you get given your medal by Rees Mogg rather than Paul scully.

They can even have a H.O.T.B.E evening on itv with Davina Mcall.

She can do her one year later show . They can start with the happy family in their 4 bed detached house  then one year later visit them in their bedsit. We can all clap and cheer as they have avoided living  on the streets.

They can visit random bedsits and tell the families within, that they’ve won a weeks holiday picking fruit on one of Bojo’s death camps sorry farms.

Fun for any age.

The climax of the evening will be Gove handing over one of those huge cheques for £30.

Really showing the human side of the Tory government.

Let the lion roar.

igm

Ok. One poll. Probably unrepresentative. It’ll change next week. Nothing to get excited about.

But…

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-britons-favour-second-referendum-by-23-point-margin-poll-shows-a3869266.html

Time for Westminster to start honouring the will of the people and at least put Brexit on pause (I reckon the EU would see a way to a deal on that).

BoardinBob

“Let them pick fruit”…

zippykona

Let the kitten miaow.

Klunk
    Free Member

love this comment from the daily fail on holidaymakers face £50 visa after brexit

Up yours EU! You can shove the £50 where the sun doesn’t shine!

what like Cleethorpes ? came to mind

El-bent
    Free Member

(I would guess that will be around 20-30 years time)

Sooner. We will be firmly back in the EU before that.

But first, we have some “house cleaning” to do.

kimbers

fascinating blog from a QC here about how the meaningful vote amendment ‘victory’ will bite the brexies in the arse

http://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/2018/06/a-westminster-whimper-and-brussels-bang.html?m=1

& links to this piece on how bad May seems to be at all of this

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/19/brexit-shambles-theresa-may-diplomacy-boris-johnson

kimbers

It looks like Rolls Royce owners BMW are prepared for Airbus to move

they opened their new plant making the same airbus engines they make in Derby in Dahlwitz last year

https://www.rolls-royce.com/media/our-stories/press-releases/2017/14-06-2017-rr-begins-production-of-trent-xwb-engines-at-dahlewitz-site.aspx

yiman
    Free Member

It looks like Rolls Royce owners BMW are prepared for Airbus to move

BMW do not own the Aero-engine-makers Rolls-Royce.

kimbers

ahh you are right just the cars

so its a british owned company moving jobs to the EU to hedge against Brexit!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

so its a british owned company moving jobs to the EU to hedge against Brexit!

Massive multinational with an HQ in the UK. They have operations world wide

cornholio98
    Free Member

Massive multinational with an HQ in the UK. They have operations world wide

Mind  you at one point considered vital for UK defence to have an internal aero engine supplier…

not sure if engineering independence is more or less critical now…

slowoldman

We managed to make the greatest empire the world has ever seen without planes.

And lose it.

Latest little snippet I saw today was that if you add up the lost tax revenue of the companies leaving the UK it adds up to more than membership of the EU costs.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

It seems no matter how much business point out the issue it seems the Tories take less notice.

I don’t think it’s now any more complicated than ” let’s hope it works out ok”

Trouble is it appears as if the rest of the world is planning for the worst and the Tories are hoping for the best.

I do wonder if the cunning plan is to let the obvious misery and pain build up to the point that the  Tories in power simply cave in to a Norway style deal knowing there is not enough support to topple the deal

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

We’ve got the Tories talking about funding the NHS with tax rises. They’re talking about legalising cannabis. A good chunk of their vote is happy for the U.K. to break up as long as (little) England gets to leave the EU. If Corbyn inherits Brexit he may be arguing for fiscal responsibility.

The world’s gone mad.

cchris2lou

the way the US , China and Russia are behaving , the UK has no chance on its own .

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

But DD told us that German car manufacturers would force their government into treating us favourably. You’re not saying we were lied to are you? 😢

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

STW Quitlings (because we all know they’re still reading this avidly) And Leavers: It’s important that the EU realises we’ll walk away if we don’t get what we want. That’s an important part of a negotiation.

BMW, Airbus, etc: We need to make contingency plans in the event that the U.K. crashes out of the EU with no deal – those contingencies may mean completely moving mfg out of the U.K.

Leavers: Project Fear! The Newquay fishing industry will save the U.K. along with fruit picking jobs in Kent and Herefordshire.

Lexit nurjobs: Nationalise Airbus. 😂

athgray
    Free Member

I like James O’Briens take on the Brexit talks.

”It’s like negotiating a deal to buy a new house, then the deal falling through to then find you have already burned down your own home.”

I am still curious to know where Turkey’s 78,000,000 population will end up if they ain’t coming here, which is just as well because I heard that they wanted to rename ‘The White Cliffs of Dover’. How dare they!!

oldnpastit

It is in some ways a bit like Suez but in slomo.

Things might start happening when the stock market plunges but it will get really interesting if the government finds that no one wants to buy their bonds because Brexit makes Sterling too risky.

cornholio98
    Free Member

There is always someone who will buy the bonds… look at what happened to Argentina…

kerley
    Free Member

I do wonder if the cunning plan is to let the obvious misery and pain build up to the point that the  Tories in power simply cave in to a Norway style deal knowing there is not enough support to topple the deal

I thought this from the start.  Wise people knew it would never get done so just pretended they are doing it, Hard Brexit, No deal better than a bad deal etc, but ultimately don’t go through with it and blame the EU or anyone else you can find to blame while looking to not ignore that critical “will of the people”.

BruceWee

It’s not acceptable to ignore the will of the people who were voting two years ago.  It’s perfectly acceptable to ignore the will of the people who are currently eligible to vote.

Pigface
    Free Member

Bog roll Brexit, I would rather use bog roll than just shit my pants and use my had to clean up which is what Brexit will do to the country.

kimbers

Johnson happy to trash the Tories image as the party of business to keep his swivel eyed base primed for his leadership bid & distract from his heathrow vote cowardice.

Self confessed trump lover going all trumpian

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/06/23/eu-diplomats-shocked-boriss-four-letter-reply-business-concerns/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

So you are head Airbus, Nissan etc in the UK and you watch Liam Fox sprout the ” No deal” position. Boris says **** business.

Yet on the.other hand you are being told by May and Davies it will all be fine….

You have told them you need a customs union exactly the same as the one we currently have.

You need to know now what will happen in March next year.

How the he’ll do you make a decision.

Cougar

It’s not acceptable to ignore the will of the people who were voting two years ago.  It’s perfectly acceptable to ignore the will of the people who are currently eligible to vote.

… and perfectly acceptable to ignore the will of almost half those who voted against the idea.

kelvin

Now it’s leaked I/we can comment on it…

The man is a liability. And we wouldn’t be in this shit if it wasn’t for him… and still he keeps digging deeper…

zippykona

Enough to get him sacked?

Instantly undoing all of the hard work that Davis has done!

BoardinBob

Enough to get him sacked

He could take a shit on the doorstep of number 10, live on TV, and it still wouldn’t get him sacked.

Sack him and the reigns are totally off. He’s then really free to say what ever he wants

May needs to keep her enemies close

hot_fiat

How the Hell do you make a decision.

Easy, you go to the mayor of Seville, Tychi or even Turin and ask them if they have 1000ha of undeveloped land next to existing car factories and their supply chains.

kerley
    Free Member

May needs to keep her enemies close

Doesn’t work and has been the downfall of many a dictator.  You have to kill your enemies to completely remove any threat – see Russia

mooman
    Free Member

I know this thread is only for you Remoaners … but I just got to add that I am well impressed with your stamina to still be crying about the result.

It must really be an unhealthy obsession for yous by now.

fifo
    Free Member

No, we’re just waiting for the one leaver with half a brain cell (there must be one, surely) to post a cogent argument for leaving. Funnily enough, you failed in that task.

Cougar

How unlike a leaver to pop buy just to fling in a couple of insults without actually adding anything to the conversation.

Doubly so given that no-one has mentioned “the result” in ages, let alone cried about it.  But don’t let facts bother you, eh.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

but I just got to add that I am well impressed with your stamina to still be crying about the result.

Ah a typical brexiter there moans about people asking for some serious answers and solutions while offering nothing. The boss of siemens UK joined a long list of rational people who pointed out the blindingly obvious while BoJo was trying to make a bog roll joke work.

The MP’s and business leaders shouting about getting on with it are sounding more delusional by the moment, if airbus leaves we should be building planes here, the EU will blink that is why we need to play hard ball…

Viewing 40 posts - 45,881 through 45,920 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.