Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • Elfin's Tuesday Architectural Appreciation Thread! This week- Bridges.
  • richmars

And another. Nepal.

Mooly
    Free Member

The lovely Fingle Bridge, Dartmoor. The bridge is superb but the cream teas and the views from the pub next to it are equally as great.

j_me
    Free Member

123…..FAIL !

Tacoma Narrows

I-35W Mississippi River bridge

Seungsu Bridge

Mr_C
    Free Member

I can’t believe no one has mentioned this.

Bregante

This one features regularly on my local rides [img]http://s0.geograph.org.uk/photos/61/71/617165_5eb2bc0f.jpg[/img]

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Used to live not far from this… surprised not to see it yet:

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You know what, I like motorway bridges like that. Simple, elegant and funktional.

Part of an old Victorian railway viaduct in Bow. One of many, many bridges in Britain with ‘Ferodo’ emblazoned on them.

lunge

The Kawarau Bridge, near to Queenstown, New Zealand. Bonus poins as over 1 million people have thrown themselves off it attached only by an elastic band.

robgarrioch

Had a ruddy hard ride to get this one, so I’m sticking it up despite mistakenly thinking this was the ‘photo challenge’ thread…

🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Is that a single leaf rolling bascule bridge similar to the one at Shadwell Basin, Ernie?

I think it is.

Here’s another bascule bridge; ‘Blue Bridge’, Isle of Dogs:

dom_k
    Free Member

I like this bridge

CountZero

Just remembered this one, a footbridge over the M4 near Chisledon, Swindon, that carries a Sustrans route down to Marlborough. Great fun to ride up and down the spirals.

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘Elfin's Tuesday Architectural Appreciation Thread! This week- Bridges.’ is closed to new replies.