Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Dose anyone know of a deep headset.
  • TheCruzer
    Free Member

I have a small 04 santacruz hekler and the fork crown hits the down tube, so I need a headset with as much depth to the bottom cup as poss.
    Any help appreciated.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

on one do a +5 one

steve_b77
    Free Member

Hopes are pretty damm big, I certainly noticed the differene

TheCruzer
    Free Member

Cheers for that I will have a look.

alexpalacefan

I had the same problem with a small 456. I went with a Cane Creek S3 +5, great bit of kit.

APF

stompy

Chris king to a +5mm crown race……….

RustySpanner

Cane Creek S-3 cures the problem on my 15-inch Rock Lobster 853.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I got an nc17 imperator for just that reason. I forget what the lower stack height is but i bought it on CRC so it may say on there.

Gilesey
    Free Member

Another vote for Cane Creek S-3.

3 years on my abused, neglected, winter bike / commuter hardtail and still going strong.

TheCruzer
    Free Member

Looks like the cain creek then, but 5mm dosnt seem enough.
    stompy whats the chris king, do you mean its a normal headset but with a deaper crownrace?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Nicolai do a lower cup that is compatible with Reset Racing headsets and adds 11mm to the lower stack height. However you need a Reset Racing headset first and then you buy the lower cup as an addition.

Reset Racing headsets are as good, if not better than, Chris King but they aren't cheap and you have to buy them directly from Reset Racing (http://www.reset-racing.de/). Cost is about £120 for the headset and £30 or thereabouts, for the replacement lower cup.

stompy

Yeh like this fella…. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300422454091&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Only of any use if you have a CK headset I guess 🙂

TheCruzer
    Free Member

Thanks everyone.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Dose anyone know of a deep headset.’ is closed to new replies.