• This topic has 23,120 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by nickc.
Viewing 40 posts - 12,281 through 12,320 (of 23,121 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

US President Donald Trump says that it “seems unlikely” that he’d give an interview in special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into potential coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign.
    Mr Trump said “we’ll see what happens” when asked if he’d provide an interview to Mr Mueller’s team.

“When they have no collusion and nobody’s found any collusion at any level, it seems unlikely that you’d even have an interview,” Mr Trump said during a joint news conference with Norway’s leader.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-11/trump-says-its-unlikely-hed-submit-to-a-russia-probe-interview/9322070
    Imagine if he had a chat with the bloke who could tell him, odds of his lawyers wanting to let him incriminate himself seem fairly long. Perhaps somebody needs to suggest he is scared of Muller.

ninfan
    Free Member

52 F22’s

clearly its a sign of dementia, rather than misreading his notes

maybe he should have used a teleprompter

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA1FbefXd64[/video]

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well if it was an isolated example… Who said anything about dementia anyway? It’s more about his inability to get up to speed with details or be prepared for things. See the perfect example of the meeting you posted where he doesn’t understand the terms he is using.
    Anyway why has he had a u turn on explaining to muller how innocent he is?

tjagain

NO signs of dementia for me. Plenty of psychopathy tho.

martinhutch
    aracer
    Free Member

You seem to be making dodgy assumptions

tjagain

UK visit cancelled as he is scared of the protests according to the grauniad

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/12/donald-trump-visit-to-london-called-off-amid-fears-of-mass-protests

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Donald Trump this week boasted of delivering F-52” jets to the Norwegian government*

* For anyone not up on their American weapons of war F-52 jets are fictional planes from Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nice spot… (on the previous page, it’s OK ninfan has told us Obama once made a mistake)

somafunk

I imagine the “shithole” reference will go down well with the dumb **** who voted for him so I don’t imagine anything will change

whitestone
    Free Member

He’s afraid that anything from the Obama presidency remain because it would outshine his plans for his legacy. It’s more in the style of a demagogue than a leader of a democracy.

Pigface
    Free Member

Blaming Obama for selling off Grosvenor Square embassy when it was Bush. Along with his shithole comment how is he still in office?

pondo

Don’t know if I’m happy he’s cancelled or not – I suppose it’s saved me a day’s holiday. 🙂

martinhutch

British Egg Industry Council has issued a press release expressing its disappointment in the cancellation. 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Apparently, the “shithole” comment was OK because he was speaking to “his base”.

That would be the base that’s not big enough to get him re-elected.

Very genius. Bigly smart.

kimbers

Is a shame about his visit, I reckon he’d have drawn a much bigger crowd than Obama too 😈

Poopscoop

I would love to have seen the STW designed banners that would have been taken.

I bet there would have been some comic genius at work. 😀

kerley
    Free Member

Don’t know if I’m happy he’s cancelled or not – I suppose it’s saved me a day’s holiday

I am unhappy. Me and wife were going to join the protests and we haven’t had a good protest in a long time

Klunk
    Free Member
    pk13

the land was leased anyway so they hardly sold it off. duke of something or other owns it I think

kimbers

Trump knew exactly what base he was appealing to when he said he didn’t want people from shitholes like Haiti, but more from Norway

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6-bi3jlxk[/video]

karn
    Free Member

Gutted- I was looking forward to showing the tangerine **** nugget my butt cheeks.
    I really don’t get the world we live in.
    It’s one thing to spin the truth, but how can you blatantly and continually lie, more than that, how can you lie about stuff that is so easily disproved ? how can you fight against sure bare faced lies ?
    I’d like to see ninfan or the chekbot try to explain away this latest tweet – ‘all politicians lie’. ‘it’s all part of the game’, ‘but what about hilary’…..
    I really do despair.

scuttler

Bitchin about a property deal is probably the only thing he’s vaguely qualified (in the civilised world) in having an opinion on. Shame he’s not coming over – there’d have been a right ding-dong.

ninfan
    Free Member

It’s one thing to spin the truth, but how can you blatantly and continually lie, more than that, how can you lie about stuff that is so easily disproved ? how can you fight against sure bare faced lies ?
    I’d like to see ninfan or the chekbot try to explain away this latest tweet

Which tweet are you referring to as a ‘lie’?

thegreatape
    Free Member

duke of something or other owns it I think

Westminster I would guess.

EDIT – Wikipedia says it was sold to the Qataris.

whitestone
    Free Member

The one about the Obama administration selling the Grosvenor Sq site when it was the Bush administration that did it. Then again it could be any of them – they are pretty short on facts and truth.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Which tweet are you referring to as a ‘lie’?

see even ninfan cannot narrow it down when you say the one that is not true/ just lies

ninfan
    Free Member

The one about the Obama administration selling the Grosvenor Sq site when it was the Bush administration that did it. Then again it could be any of them – they are pretty short on facts and truth.

No, you’re simply wrong

The decision to sell the site was made under GWB

The sale* took place on Obama’s watch

You know, a bit like how the decision to move the US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem was made under the Clinton administration, but the responsibility for actually moving it is being blamed on Donald

*(of the listed building, with, presumably, the continuation of the lease on the ground it was built on)

PJM1974
    Free Member

Every president since 1995 has opted to invoke a six month waiver on formally moving the US embassy to Jerusalem.

Including Trump.

ninfan
    Free Member

Precisely – so you are happy to accept there is a clear distinction between the president the decision is made under, and the president responsible for carrying out the actual deed

Which means that Trump was right about the sale taking place under Obama

Perfect

PJM1974
    Free Member

Can you please stop putting words in my mouth, ninfan.

ninfan
    Free Member

Only when you stop applying double standards

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Seems the Westminsters had said that the only thing they would sell it [the freehold] for was the return of land confiscated during/after the American WoI – which is largely symbolic as it was never going to be returned – so it was a way of saying “We’re not selling it to you.”

The Americans couldn’t upgrade the existing building to desired standards by retro-fit so they raised money for the new site by selling off other properties they owned in London as well as the lease for the Grosvenor Sq site. The Westminsters still own the freehold.

And of course, nothing has changed between him agreeing to come and now – so when he said he’d cut the ribbon, the deal was as “bad” then as it is now (although I don’t know what made the deal “bad” – does anyone know the figures and why he thinks it’s “bad”?). We all know why he’s not coming (for now anyway). His ego couldn’t handle the prospect of what lay in wait.

I’m sure he’ll come when his approval ratings have improved significantly.

PJM1974
    Free Member

All I’ve done is to illustrate that there’s a six month waiver on the 1995 act that has been invoked by all presidents since Clinton. I don’t see how that’s a double standard.

kimbers

Ninfan will keep pretending that Trump isnt ignorant about the building sale, the move was started by Bush & finished by Obama

the biggest lie in the tweet is that He said he didnt want to cut the ribbon 😆 😆 when we all know his ego could never handle the demos he would get here

anyway ninfan, here you go…….

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/23/opinion/trumps-lies.html

ninfan
    Free Member

the biggest lie in the tweet is that He said he didnt want to cut the ribbon 😆 when we all know his ego could never handle the demos he would get here

I thought the real reason was that his staff couldn’t trust him with scissors?

kimbers

I thought the real reason was that his staff couldn’t trust him with scissors?

theyd found a way around that & it’d even make his hands look bigger

http://www.wilko.com/scissors+rulers/wilko-safety-scissors/invt/0253180

karn
    Free Member

Damn it ! Kimbers beat me to it !

Viewing 40 posts - 12,281 through 12,320 (of 23,121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.