Viewing 40 posts - 12,241 through 12,280 (of 23,145 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • tomhoward

Seems his, and the US in general, reputation isn’t the only thing in flames.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/08/new-york-firefighters-respond-to-blaze-at-trump-tower

Northwind

Well, they moved most social care elements out of the NHS (so they could slash social care without “cutting the NHS”, and so that they could shuffle money around existing budgets and pretend it was new money), and that caused massive problems where the 2 meet, so it makes sense to have them all under one arsehole again. I mean roof.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

Tomhoward – that’ll be Trump staffers being told to burn copies of the new book no doubt!

Northwind

Damn it, posted that in the wrong thread!

Scapegoat

A fire at trump towers? Bet he’s furious.

maccruiskeen

Bet he’s furious.

just a lot of hot air apparently.

whitestone
    Free Member

It’s the bigliest fire ever by all his accounts.

thegreatape
    Free Member

So a bit like “Spy Master”, got a lot of publicity from the Thatcher government trying to get publication stopped. In the end it was just about some old fart whining about his pension.

Now that was one boring book that.

spekkie
    Free Member

Trump towers fire:

“Firefighters have responded to a small fire on the roof of Trump Tower on the Upper West Side of New York City.

Two people suffered minor injuries while tackling the blaze, which caused no damage inside the building.

The New York City Fire Department says it was caused by a fault with a small electrical box.”

I guessing that by “box” they mean his phone, which self destructed out of shame.

martinhutch

I guessing that by “box” they mean his phone, which self destructed out of shame.

Fake news.

It will be one of the Obama wiretaps.

Northwind

martinhutch – Member

It will be one of the Obama wiretaps.

Weird place to keep a microwave

maxtorque

spekkie

The New York City Fire Department says it was caused by a fault with a small electrical box.”

FAKE NEWS!

It wasn’t a small box, it was a big one, the biggest one, like, ever, and a successful box too, done lots of success. Sad!

GrahamS

NewsThump were suggesting that the fire may have started in the presidential pants.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Eight chapters in and starting to skip pages. I normally prefer to read stuff for myself but probably should have stuck to the reviews in this case

Dull style. Not sure it was worth the money 😯

kimbers

Dull style. Not sure it was worth the money

You just got suckered in by the pr that trumps reaction drummed up 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Plus two mates said it was a fun, easy read 😉

aracer
    Free Member

Ah, took me a while – pants on fire?

wwaswas

It’s ok, they’re going to start a ‘Small War’ with North Korea.

What could go wrong?

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/wjppgm/trump-north-korea-strategy-start-war?utm_source=vicenewstwitter

martinhutch

It’s almost as if some of the neo-Con hawks find the latest tiny hints of rapprochement between North and South Korea a bit worrying, and urgently need some way to increase tensions in the region.

Trump is a useful idiot in this regard, and with Pompeo/McMaster whispering in his ear, totally under control.

It’s a bit

dudeofdoom

It’s ok, they’re going to start a ‘Small War’ with North Korea.

Leaky Whitehouse that.

Northwind

How draining the swamp works:

Your openly racist supporter and fellow birther, Sheriff Arpaio, gets convicted twice for contempt of court, pleading guilty both times, after a career of serial abuses of power, unexplained deaths in custody, and massive wastes of public money. You pardon him, for no apparent reason. He runs for Senate

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Peace talks in Korea.

The Fat Kid played a blinder.

One effect of having an elderly numpty as a president, is that a younger leader of a rancid dictatorship can run rings round you and make you look like a clueless halfwit.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Halfwit? Too genoerous!

ninfan
    Free Member

Eh, you think that peace talks in Korea is a bad outcome for Trump?

kimbers

His fans will believe him when he says that its alll down to his genius.

Normal people will just be glad that hes being bypassed by the 2 koreas

akira

Well DACA not going so well, his physical coming up and Mueller saying he wants to interview him all means he has to grasp at straws.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

ninfan – Member

I almost set aside the time to explain to you why that is so but I can’t be bothered with your dumb trollism.

Others may be interested in (yet again) nailing your poor little act to the barn door.

GrahamS

Eh, you think Trump’s actions caused peace talks in Korea?

Seems to me that what is happening is exactly what analysts said would happen. NK would develop nuclear weapons and then start negotiating from a position of strength. Their main motivation for becoming a nuclear power was to be taken seriously on the world stage.

akira

to be taken seriously on the world stage.

Something Trump can only dream of.

karn
    Free Member

NK likely have no intention of suing for peace.
    They have started talks to stop an attack from USA – after all how could the USA attack NK when they are in peace talks !?
    starting peace talks buys NK more time.
    By not including USA in their talks they have shunned them and made them look foolish.
    K-J-U has run rings around Trump – once again showing Trumps complete lack of political competence.
    IF this does turn out to be the start of legitimate peace talks with the ultimate denuclearization of NK then I will concede that this could be attributed to Trumps hard line on them and happily admit that I might have been wrong, however, based upon previous encounters with NK and a very similar thing happening in Iran a few years ago I’m willing to put money on this being NK stalling for time.

ninfan
    Free Member

Eh, you think Trump’s actions caused peace talks in Korea?

South Korean President does:

Moon praised Trump personally, saying he “made a huge contribution to make inter-Korean talks happen (and) I’d like to express my gratitude.”

http://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/09/asia/south-korea-north-korea-talks-moon-intl/index.html

You’ll note the source isn’t precisely the most pro-Trump cheerleading news site either…

On top of which there’s rave reviews and general shock at Trumps chairing of an immigration meeting

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ9pdjtgENc[/video]

Shock, horror, no signs of dementia, falling asleep, shouting or kneeling on the floor making Gorilla noises

Even CNN commentators are impressed https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/01/09/cnns_dana_bash_ill_get_hit_for_this_but_meeting_was_what_people_thought_trump_was_capable_of.html

kimbers

Mueller saying he wants to interview him all means he has to grasp at straws.

theres no way that his lawyers will let him be interviewed by meuller

can you imagine the number of times he would contradict & incriminate hinself in an 8hr+ interview
    under oath, with an experienced prosecutor with his paper thin orange skin and an ego the size of a silverback gorilla 😀

kimbers
    kimbers

heres a berakdown of his comments at the meeting, definitely no

signs of dementia, falling asleep, shouting or kneeling on the floor making Gorilla noises

😆

http://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/09/politics/trump-immigration-best-lines-anaylsis/index.html

CountZero

A little more fuel to add to the pyre being built under Trumpton’s sad Presidency:
    https://www.vox.com/2018/1/10/16873614/trump-tweet-feinstein

akira

That meeting just seems to reinforce the fact that Trump is politically naive and also doesn’t really believe or remember what he’s promised. Except earmarks, he’s very sure of those.

Poopscoop

ninfan – Member

Trump is desperate for a war.

I honestly believe he would sacrifice 100’s thousands of lives if it fits his agenda.

grahamt1980

Coulter on c4 news putting the boot into trump

tjagain

kimbers – Member

Mueller saying he wants to interview him all means he has to grasp at straws.

theres no way that his lawyers will let him be interviewed by meuller[/quote]

I doubt they have much choice. Nixon and Clinton were both interviewed under oath IIRC

Viewing 40 posts - 12,241 through 12,280 (of 23,145 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.