• This topic has 23,120 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by nickc.
Viewing 40 posts - 5,001 through 5,040 (of 23,121 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • ninfan
    Free Member

So. this is going to be his line everytime he discovers that el presidente doesn’t have the power and that most of his crackpot ideas will be reigned in by real politicians. It’s going to be such a disappointment for all the little Trumpettes out there.

Lefties: Waa waah, Trumps history shows that he is a megalomaniac who never listens to anyone but himself, waah

Trump: I’m putting my opinions aside and listening to the experts, and they can decide what is needed

Lefties: Waa, Trump isn’t taking responsibility for decisions, he’s making the experts decide what’s best, waah, waah

colournoise

And the circle is complete…

aracer
    Free Member

😆 – with your inbuilt bias you seem to have assumed the “lefties” think this is a bad idea.

If they all were experts I’d be feeling quite happy with reality meets Trump. Unfortunately one of the big immediate issues with his presidency is those he has appointed to positions of real power (whereas a lot of what he claims he’s going to do requires approval of Congress).

aracer
    Free Member

chapeau!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

And she likes it up the gary.

You don’t find the whole cosyying up to Trump and then literally holding hands a bit creepy and sycophantic?

I mean, I rarely held hands with women I actually slept with before I got married – let alone someone I barely knew.

Eugghh.

I think Ive been traumatised by that photo. The whole daughter of a vicar makes it even more creepy and believable in a really wrongly Englisb and ever so awkward way.

Ewwwwwwwwww. I need some mind bleach.

scotroutes

I got he impression he was helping her down some steps or a ramp? Just the way they both seemed to be looking at the ground for a moment.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I got he impression he was helping her down some steps or a ramp? Just the way they both seemed to be looking at the ground for a moment.

Yep, although in the photo it looks like Mrs May is taking him back to the care home after he’d had a wandering episode.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

@scotroutes clitching at straws there. Huge kudos to be first leader meet President (usually Canada or Mexico) and strong supportive words on Brexit too following repeated critism of Merkel a couple of days ago. Supposedly Merkel has made the offer to come to Washington a number of times and Trump hasn’t even replied.
    and your surprised? when did he last put himself in a position where he had to deal with strong leaders who don’t agree with him? May was desperate to meet him, the Mexicans are not in a rush to meet him and the Canadians are probably just waiting to see what goes on.

Perhaps it’s you that is clutching at straws there

moose
    Free Member

At least Mattis has seen firsthand the cost of war, that’s a good thing for America. Seems all to easy for a career politician to send people off to kill and be killed, hopefully he’ll be more measured in his approach as well as having the knowledge to make informed, strategic decisions. I’m bloody jealous of the US military right now.

DrJ

You don’t find the whole cosyying up to Trump and then literally holding hands a bit creepy and sycophantic?

Like some sort of grotesque arranged marriage.

moose
    Free Member

@DrJ,

They look like they belong in some kind of horror movies as a murderous cannibal couple.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Mike Merkel is anything but strong at the moment. Her glory days post 2008 where she was one of the few leaders to survive the crises are but a distant memory. An apology for the migrant crises and it’s security implications, a ban on EU nationals claiming unemployment benefits for 5 years, a burkha ban, pressure from AfD for the Greek “bailout” and an election to fight in October.

Trump has snubbed her. He’s going to be equally hostle to the EU and tougher still via the IMF

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

km79
    Free Member

^ Just gave me the boak.

outofbreath
    Free Member

@edenvalleyboy Is that portrayal acceptable? #womensmarch

jambalaya
    Free Member

If anyone can stand more #crowdgate this piece is worth reading. A couple of key points, Obama photos from 2009 – first ever Black President, sunny day so people arrvied early. Trump’s day was cold and raining. Media used photos from an hour before. From the President’s viewpoint the crowds look pretty similar and substantially larger than Bill Clinton’s.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-27/more-fake-news-media-contrived-photos-diminish-trump’s-inauguration-crowd

Pigface
    Free Member

Boring boring boring

Jeez Jamba let it go, more people were at Obamas inauguration #jambafact

tjagain

May meeting Trump is clearly because both sides are desperate. Nothing to do with kudos for May – she just looks ridiculous and desperate.

tjagain

Jamba – can you get any more ridiculous? Half the number of people on the public transport system as for Obamas inaugeration. Trump actually asked for pictures that showed bigger crowds – there aren’t any.

tjagain

How about this Jamba – you cnnot claim its the wrong time – just empty stands as his motorcade goes past.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

outofbreath
    Free Member

I can’t help but think that everyone has been debating the size of the inauguration crowd because Trump wants everyone to be debating the size of the inauguration crowd. IYSWIM.

cchris2lou

Google recalling his foreign staff from the countries affected by visas bans.

This is not going to end well for the US.

kimbers

Google recalling his foreign staff from the countries affected by visas bans.

This is not going to end well for the US

The idiot in chief is surpassing all expectations

Mega Lolz at jamba trying to back up trumps crowd claims

cchris2lou

Sadly when you fight fire with fire you only get a bigger fire.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

@edenvalleyboy Is that portrayal acceptable? #womensmarch

No

seosamh77
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member
    Tom_W1987 » You don’t find the whole cosyying up to Trump and then literally holding hands a bit creepy and sycophantic?

That’s exactly all it was. I don’t really understand the need to sensationalise every little thing about Trump. It’s crazy and just makes them look mental.

Lets have some substance. Not entertainment.

seosamh77
    Free Member
    tpbiker
    Free Member

Isn’t his beloved son in law and current whitehouse adviser the grandchild of a jewish refugee?

How quickly one forgets…

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Its Muslims he hates, not Jews.

Given its to “protect against terrorism” I wonder why Saudi Arabia isn’t on his list, given 9/11 was carried out by Saudi citizens?

colournoise

torsoinalake – Member

Given its to “protect against terrorism” I wonder why Saudi Arabia isn’t on his list, given 9/11 was carried out by Saudi citizens?
    Have a look at which Muslim majority countries Trump has/had major business interests in, and which ones he doesn’t…

chewkw
    Free Member

seosamh77 – Member
    How far this kinda shit goes seems more important to me.

Why? Because you want to intervene in another sovereign nation’s affairs?

torsoinalake – Member

Are you really that naive that you think money (oil whatever) does not buy favour in this world?

All leaders past and present from the free world let S.Arabia be themselves because they have money. Simple.

seosamh77
    Free Member

chewkw – Member
    seosamh77 – Member
    How far this kinda shit goes seems more important to me.

Why? Because you want to intervene in another sovereign nation’s affairs?

Nope, cause we’re americas lap dogs, it empowers the loonballs in this country.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The news today bears so many similarities and reminders of the past…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_St._Louis

So does the Donald have a Jewish grandfather then?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

That’s exactly all it was. I don’t really understand the need to sensationalise every little thing about Trump. It’s crazy and just makes them look mental.

Lets have some substance. Not entertainment.

I disagree, you cant corner May, Trump or their supporters with facts – they need to be lampooned as hard as possible, repeatedly.

ninfan
    Free Member

Yep, it’s certainly worked in preventing their rise to power so far!

kimbers

You always have to be on guard against fascists like trump and farage.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

seosamh77 – Member

scotroutes – Member
    Tom_W1987 » You don’t find the whole cosyying up to Trump and then literally holding hands a bit creepy and sycophantic?

Lets have some substance. Not entertainment. [/quote]

Actually it isn’t. Theresa May doesn’t need to be helped down steps. She can manage perfectly well on her own.

Donald Trump is a highly successful reality TV celebrity who knows how to manipulate people. He would therefore fully understand the importance of body language in front of cameras.

All political leaders do it when they meet their counterparts, Obama, Bush, Cameron, Putin, etc. For example when they and their counterpart are about to go through a doorway they will try to be the first to put their hand behind the other’s shoulders and lead them through. It makes them seem assertive and in charge while the other person is reduced to appearing meek and forced to follow their lead.

Trump would have fully understood the significance of leading Theresa May by the hand in front of the world’s photographers and TV cameras.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

You always have to be on guard against fascists like trump and farage. nifan.

Please call me a leftie nifan..I need some flattery. 😀

seosamh77
    Free Member

It’s only important to the bams that pay attention to it.

Viewing 40 posts - 5,001 through 5,040 (of 23,121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.