Viewing 40 posts - 4,961 through 5,000 (of 23,163 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

Actually went alright for both, as far as these things go. Short and sweet, but very friendly(and even funny) and no mess ups.

Interesting thing was on torture, trump stated his belief that it works, but he’s going to defer to his top general on the matter(who’s stated that it doesn’t apparently?) So interesting enough there, See how that plays out.

In general from a UK perspective regarding the brexit negotitions(whether you are for or against). It can only be a good thing on them to look like you are firm friends with the US I guess. (My biggest concern there is how that manifests itself in a UKUS trade deal.)

seosamh77
    Free Member

One another observation, seems a slight less scatty trump, bit more focused I thought.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Actually went alright for both, as far as these things go. Short and sweet, but and no mess ups.

Well I guess it depends if you think arming and training Osama bin Laden and deregulating the banks was a mess up.

Or whether being so affected by alzheimer’s that your wife has to tell you what to say was a mess up

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JTtI3D6lqk[/video]

Or whether getting sacked by your own party because you force a hated tax onto people was a mess up.

somafunk

One another observation, seems a slight less scatty trump, bit more focused I thought.

That’ll be the Ritalin that the CIA have slipped into his official Whitehouse meals over the past week, they take a few days to show effect so i expect Trumps next live appearance to involve a happy-clappy sing-song session involving “Kumbaya” and lots of holding hands followed by a finger painting session.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I was thinking he’s been taken into the smokey room! 😆

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytv15ono5J0[/video]

mangoman
    Free Member

I found the Trump quotes of him having relationships that he though would work, and ones that he thought wouldn’t, with the outcomes being the opposite, interesting at a press conference dominated by the UK/US ‘special relationship’.

jambalaya
    Free Member

And yet China are one of the major countries you want the UK to do business with after Brexit.

Nope, I absolutely did not say that. China is the sort of country the UK should not seek a tariff free trade deal with.

A reminder of my priorities

Australia
    NZ
    US
    Canada
    Japan
    India
    boader deal with Commonwealth

Pigface
    Free Member

What does Australia and New Zealand make that we want?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Sheep, NZ makes sheep, and cheese.

vinnyeh

What does Australia and New Zealand make that we want?

Presumably the same things we sold you before you unceremoniously sidelined us in the 70’s. 😆

I’m not sure why you’re so keen to renew the acquaintanceship at this stage, though Jambalaya.

seosamh77
    Free Member

A reminder of my priorities

NZ

But small countries like scotland could never get by on their own..

new zealand population errr 4.5million! 😆

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Apologies if done, but I can’t be arsed reading through the crap. This tickled me.

“I don’t necessarily agree, but I would tell you that he will override because I’m giving him that power,” Mr Trump said of General Mattis.

So. this is going to be his line everytime he discovers that el presidente doesn’t have the power and that most of his crackpot ideas will be reigned in by real politicians. It’s going to be such a disappointment for all the little Trumpettes out there.

aracer
    Free Member

I wouldn’t get too optimistic about that – he’s suggesting deferring to his cabinet member, most of whom are cronies with agendas and plenty of crackpot ideas of their own. I suspect Mattis is one of the sane ones though (he does at least have relevant experience unlike many/most! and checking the confirmation vote he had almost unanimous cross party support)

outofbreath
    Free Member

“So. this is going to be his line everytime he discovers that el presidente doesn’t have the power and that most of his crackpot ideas will be reigned in by real politicians.”

That’s my take on it.

chewkw
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

And yet China are one of the major countries you want the UK to do business with after Brexit.

Nope, I absolutely did not say that. China is the sort of country the UK should not seek a tariff free trade deal with.[/quote]

I totally agree.

No tariff free deal at all.

Even other Chinese in Asia think you are fool if you do that. 😆

johnx2
    Free Member

…Mad Dog Mattis one of the sane ones. I mean I agree. It would be very wrong to judge the man by his soubriquet.

metalheart
    Free Member

Haven’t you guys watched Generation Kill? Mattis is completely batshit crazy! 😆

kimbers

check this slightly creepy picture

you can zoom in
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3M54PyWIAEd3ec.jpg

he really does have tiny hands !

its like shes leading a child, literally and figuretivly

chewkw
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    check this slightly creepy picture

he really does have tiny hands

its like shes leading a child, literally and figuretivly !

I doubt President Trump is going to hold hands with any of the EU bureaucrats … 😆

grahamh
    Free Member

I notice that hers is the dominant hand.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The insane bloodshed of the last 15 years or so was entirely down to a tiny handful of nutters driving aircraft into towers and then the West overreacting to that by starting un-winnable and counter productive Guerrila wars.

From an American centric point of view the 15 years of war were a resounding success, sure Europes been bombed and Syria and Iraq have hone to shit – but AQ were decimated and there has yet to be a major attack on US soil.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Also

10 quid says Donald bones May and May resigns to be the new first lady. You heard it here first.

May has always struck me as being the kind of weirdo that would love a creepy mysogynistic rapist as a husband, especially one with power and money.

jekkyl

PROOF Trump photoshopped hands

zippykona

May has always struck me as being the kind of weirdo that would love a creepy mysogynistic rapist as a husband, especially one with power and money.

And she likes it up the gary.

mikey74
    Free Member

there has yet to be a major attack on US soil.

Which makes Trump’s crusade against muslims, and immigrants in general, even more bizarre.

aracer
    Free Member

It’s not at all bizarre – check who’s in the White House.

chewkw
    Free Member

jekkyl – Member

Are those people mocking President Trump “small hands” different from them accusing President Trump of mocking the “reporter”? That is the question.

People do think alike don’t they … 😛

Pigface
    Free Member

you appear not to think at all

outofbreath
    Free Member

“Are those people mocking President Trump “small hands” different from them accusing President Trump of mocking the “reporter”? That is the question.
    People do think alike don’t they …”

Yup.

wrecker
    Free Member

sbob
    Free Member

zippykona – Member

It’s not often I genuinely laugh out loud at a post, but I like to acknowledge a post when I do.
    Chapeau.
    😆

slowoldman

Do you suppose once they were out of shot he made a grab for her pussy?

enfht
    Free Member

Soooo, May (the female pm) is fair game for anal jokes now that she held Trump’s hand.

May’s ass got patriarched 😆

And to think that some of you didn’t believe in #WomensMarch.

scotroutes

chewkw
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member
    Do you suppose once they were out of shot he made a grab for her pussy?

hhmmm … something not right about that question … hmmm … are you hiding something? 😯

outofbreath
    Free Member

“Soooo, May (the female pm) is fair game for anal jokes now that she held Trump’s hand.
    May’s ass got patriarched
    And to think that some of you didn’t believe in #WomensMarch.”

Good point.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

some good (sic) sexism going on here – is that fighting fire with fire?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

she likes it <snip>

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m not sure some of those crying foul would have supported the March 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

Well if she’s holding his hand at least she knows where it is.

He was definitely on message, read his press conference statement deliberately word by word.

As I posted a while ago, full state visit offerd and accepted. He’s going to love that and that’s important.

@scotroutes clitching at straws there. Huge kudos to be first leader meet President (usually Canada or Mexico) and strong supportive words on Brexit too following repeated critism of Merkel a couple of days ago. Supposedly Merkel has made the offer to come to Washington a number of times and Trump hasn’t even replied.

Viewing 40 posts - 4,961 through 5,000 (of 23,163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.