• This topic has 23,120 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by nickc.
Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 23,121 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • Klunk
    Free Member

failed businessman or tax evader, not much of a CV for president.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Facts and fiction/spin.

All confused when fiction is put forward as fact, and the deluded fantastical is put forward as policy.
    Those that believe his bullcrap have a special place in my heart.

5thElefant
    Free Member

failed businessman or tax evader, not much of a CV for president.

Worse than wife of former president? 😆

akira

I think it’s fair to say that Trump has no presidential qualities. A self serving, ignorant man is never going to have a countries best interests at heart and he’ll only use his position to further himself at the expense of the country. No pint arguing with his supporters as they seem to be idiots or trolls.

Klunk
    Free Member

Worse than wife of former president?

and a misogynist **** too.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Trump is a sh1tty businessman.

Bankrupt 4 times & if he’d put all the money that he’d been GIVEN in the bank he’d be better off than he is now.

Anyone clinging to the idea that Trump is a smart cookie is a deluded fruitbat. They should have their right to vote removed & denied access to the Internet.

jam-bo

Chewkw really does have a boner for trump.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

The biggest problem with Trump is that he may well be within the law, but personally I think that the rich should pay their fair share, but not so much as to damage competitivity or drive them away. And as you mentioned corporate tax I feel that special interest loopholes should be closed.
    Trump obviously believes in neither of these.

chewkw
    Free Member

captainsasquatch – Member
    And as you mentioned corporate tax I feel that special interest loopholes should be closed.

Yes, I agree but do you think the IRS/IR/Govt does not know? The answer is simple it is legal. If business can get away from tax they will regardless of what business that is. No business works for tax.

mrlebowski – Member
    Trump is a sh1tty businessman.

Bankrupt 4 times & if he’d put all the money that he’d been GIVEN in the bank he’d be better off than he is now.Are you a businessman? Yes / No?

jam bo – Member
    Chewkw really does have a boner for trump the beauty queens.

FTFY

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Are you a businessman? Yes / No?

Yes.

Next question please.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Yes, I agree but do you think the IRS/IR/Govt does not know? The answer is simple it is legal. If business can get away from tax they will regardless of what business that is. No business works for tax.

The problem being that he’s going to be pushing for more legislation that helps him in this way rather than damage himself. He’s a self serving idiot.
    And if it’s legal and above board, why is he not publishing details?

ninfan
    Free Member

Like Obamas birth certificate?

Pigface
    Free Member

pathetic troll tries to hard

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Like Obamas birth certificate?

Blimey you’ve got me. By not answering the question and throwing in a red herring I’m lost.
    No, not like Obama, like Trump and his legal tax position that he won’t publish and how he’s unlikely to support a tax change where people will pay their fair share.

km79
    Free Member

Right and wrong do not equal legal and illegal. All to often wrong behavior is excused due to it being legal. It’s sometimes only legal because those participating had the power to make it so.

shermer75
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U2neyQA5TDo[/video]

Sandwich

he has managed to beat the system not get found out otherwise he would be in jail!

Eventually those who think they are smart cookies run up against someone like Mrs Sandwich and it all gets expensive and messy for them. The IRS are like the Mounties they will get their man if he’s made a mistake.

ninfan
    Free Member

Blimey you’ve got me. By not answering the question and throwing in a red herring

Its not a red herring, its exactly the same – the insinuation that ‘not publishing something’ infers theres some nasty secret that the owner needs to hide that must undermine them

You’re applying exactly the same conspiraloon logic that the birthers (including Trump) relied on and were roundly criticised for

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Its not a red herring, its exactly the same – the insinuation that ‘not publishing something’ infers theres some nasty secret that the owner needs to hide that must undermine them

It’s now expected that every presidential candidate gives up their tax returns, it’s been done.
    The idea that Obama wasn’t American came out of the arse of a bunch of racist bigots who couldn’t stomach him. The idea that something like not being born in the US could be hidden for so long given his jobs previously is madness.

And let’s take a guess Obama knew 100% he was safe. Trump knows he is screwed.

oldnpastit

You’re applying exactly the same conspiraloon logic that the birthers (including Trump) relied on and were roundly criticised for

Not really.

Obama published his birth certificate in June 2008. We still haven’t had Trump’s tax returns. So by that comparison, he’s almost 4 months late.

It’s not unreasonable to draw the conclusion that Trump has something to hide.

jambalaya
    Free Member

failed businessman or tax evader

Well I wish I’d failed as much as he’s done. He doesn’t make the tax laws, the Democrats have been in the Whitehouse for 8 years and if they’d wanted to change the laws on loss carry forward they would have done.

As for being bankrupt like any remotely sensible commercial real estate businessman he groups assets into different companies so they stand or fall on their merits. Only an idiot would structure such a portfolio to be “joint amd several” liabilities.

Trump isn’t “screwed” on this issue at all, tne people that hate him already still hate him.

petefromearth

Either candidate could turn this to their advantage by acknowledging those tax loopholes and pledging to reform them.

Clinton can’t really attack Trump on the matter without doing so. And will she…?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well I wish I’d failed as much as he’s done. He doesn’t make the tax laws

Not at all but when your preaching about hard working Americans etc then saying how clever you are not to pay any tax it’s going to upset some people don’t you think?

As for being bankrupt like any remotely sensible commercial real estate businessman he groups assets into different companies so they stand or fall on their merits. Only an idiot would structure such a portfolio to be “joint amd several” liabilities.

It’s just not the sort of quality people look (or should look for) in a leader. As has been obvious to most his only interest is himself and the total disregard he has shown to his employees etc. are not the best quality of a leader.

The debate was very telling, as some commentators said he managed to start with but couldn’t handle that amount of questioning or discussion I think it was more than double his longest debate speaking time so far and it was telling. His lack of preperation and cock ups like the tax thing which within an hour he was denying he had said highlighted to many that he is making it up as he goes along.

Trump isn’t “screwed” on this issue at all, tne people that hate him already still hate him.

And that is the problem… He has the higher disaproved of rating of the 2 so more people hate him, he has’t really changed any of those minds. His reponses on black deaths and Iran were woeful and his comments on Looks and Women mean in the groups he needs to win votes in he is still managing to alienate people. It’s almost as if somebody has forgotten to tell him the stats.

chewkw
    Free Member

mrlebowski – Member

Are you a businessman? Yes / No?

Yes.
    Next question please. [/quote]

How long have you been in business and did you hit the jackpot the first time? i.e. same business, same ideas since you first started?

Are you a billionaire £$ business like Trump? i.e. higher risk bankrupt faster.

If your business does not go well now and goes under i.e. bankrupt, will you start again or simply give up?

The problem being that he’s going to be pushing for more legislation that helps him in this way rather than damage himself. He’s a self serving idiot.

Easier said than done. He will be voted down if he tries to do that. Everyone sees that coming and will watch him like a hawk.

The better question is, is it illegal not to publish? If so why aren’t he be arrested for not publishing?

km79 – Member
    Right and wrong do not equal legal and illegal. All to often wrong behavior is excused due to it being legal. It’s sometimes only legal because those participating had the power to make it so.

Come again? You lost me there.
    You mean you can judge people without legality? i.e. so it is illegal to have power or something? Explain please. So arrest the law makers if that make sense since they got all the powers whoever they are? Yes/No?

Sandwich – Member
    Eventually those who think they are smart cookies run up against someone like Mrs Sandwich and it all gets expensive and messy for them. The IRS are like the Mounties they will get their man if he’s made a mistake.

Didn’t see any of their laws or our law (UK case) going after some of the IT tech giant companies or in the UK like BHS with pension funds shortage. Clear cut case isn’t it with even news know about this. Yes, until they make mistake you cannot judge them guilty unless you want to be sued.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Come again? You lost me there.
    You mean you can judge people without legality? i.e. so it is illegal to have power or something? Explain please. So arrest the law makers if that make sense since they got all the powers whoever they are? Yes/No?

If you shit your pants in public, reach down scoop a handful up and bite down on it you’ve not broken any laws. Does that help?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and perhaps a little comparison, would be good to judge both candidates equally…
    Clintin releases all tax docs – Trump none and then gets upset when the NYT’s gets hold of some of them (though he says he would love to release them when hell freezes over)
    Clinton releases detailed health docs and reports – Trump a letter that seems massivly sarcastic

Donald Trump’s doctor finally spoke out in an interview that aired Friday night. But his comments aren’t likely to end the questions about the strange letter he drafted last year declaring Trump would be the healthiest president in history.

NBC News tracked down Dr. Harold Bornstein, who said in the interview that he crafted Trump’s doctor letter in only about five minutes — declaring his patient healthier than all 43 American presidents — while a limousine waited impatiently outside for him to finish.

“I thought about it all day and at the end, I get rushed, and I get anxious when I get rushed,” Bornstein said. “So I try to get four or five lines down as fast as possible so that they would be happy.

“I’ve got five minutes to sit right at this desk and write that letter while the driver waited for me.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/08/27/the-strange-tale-of-donald-trumps-doctor-letter-just-got-stranger/
    Clinton details policy – Trump makes it up as he goes along

GrahamS

declaring his patient healthier than all 43 American presidents

To be fair, he is undeniably healthier than 38 of them.

And Jimmy Carter may still be ticking, but he is 92.

Healthier than Obama though? Really?

chewkw
    Free Member

thestabiliser – Member
    If you shit your pants in public, reach down scoop a handful up and bite down on it you’ve not broken any laws. Does that help?

No, not necessary if that is self harm related, as the law will sanction you if they see that life might be put in danger intentionally.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

The better question is, is it illegal not to publish? If so why aren’t he be arrested for not publishing?

Why is that a better question?

oldnpastit

It’s going to be hard for Trump to get away with complaining that America is failing to keep up in education, infrastructure, military spending, or whatever, if he hasn’t paid a dime himself to support any of that over the past twenty years.

Pigface
    Free Member

Chris Christie is calling him a genius 😯 don’t know whether to laugh or cry at that one.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

How long have you been in business and did you hit the jackpot the first time? i.e. same business, same ideas since you first started?
    Are you a billionaire £$ business like Trump? i.e. higher risk bankrupt faster.
    If your business does not go well now and goes under i.e. bankrupt, will you start again or simply give up?

I’m not going to divulge the details of what I do – if Trump won’t why should I?

Suffice to say, I’ve run 3 companies. 2 very profitably (& are ongoing) & 1 I wound up BEFORE it went bankrupt. Nothing wrong with multiple attempts but going bankrupt FOUR times?? That smacks of stupidity, ineptitude & arrogance.

Once, maybe twice….BUT 4? I’d say you were failing to learn from your mistakes!

Trump is about an astute a businessman as I am a flying penguin.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Trump is about an astute a businessman as I am a flying penguin.

I’m sure I read that he has less money/assets now than he inherited. Hardly an entrepeneur….

chewkw
    Free Member

mrlebowski – Member
    I’m not going to divulge the details of what I do – if Trump won’t why should I?

I am not asking you for details just general industry will do.

Suffice to say, I’ve run 3 companies. 2 very profitably (& are ongoing) & 1 I wound up BEFORE it went bankrupt. Nothing wrong with multiple attempts but going bankrupt FOUR times?? That smacks of stupidity, ineptitude & arrogance.

There is always the first time you might be bankrupted in business or to go into severe financial difficulty but the question is will you start a business again if you are bankrupted?

Bear in mind the next few years could be turbulent and the risk might be high with every chance of making a mistake (we all do), so there is always a likelihood you might be bankrupted for the first time.

The second question is whether you can cope with bankruptcy Trump managed but can you?

There is no certainty in life one minute you could be flying high the next minute you could be bankrupted or unemployed etc … can you cope?

Therefore, you will only know yourself when you are bankrupted for the first time and perhaps you will see Trump differently after that.

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    I’m sure I read that he has less money/assets now than he inherited. Hardly an entrepeneur….

Is that a prerequisite for being a politician? Rich? Are they all rich?

Why is that a better question? [/quote] Because the question is trying to compliment yours to see if there is a different answer.

oldnpastit

He’s hiding something, everyone knows it, the only question now is whether he’s hiding anything beyond having a good accountant and an ability to lose vast sums of money.

The news about his charity suggests there might be more.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Compliment accepted.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Stating the obvious but I’ll stick with my initial prediction he won’t win. I know there’s a higher than average amount of nutters over there, but they don’t represent the majority of the population.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Stating the obvious but I’ll stick with my initial prediction he won’t win. I know there’s a higher than average amount of nutters over there, but they don’t represent the majority of the population.

What was your Brexit prediction?

chewkw
    Free Member

chestercopperpot – Member

Too close to call but it will be good to see an outsider wins.

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 23,121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.