• This topic has 30 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Delamere forest- any online maps/tips/guides?
  • hora
    Free Member

Back to last year on Ton’s ride we rode some lovely singletrack. We missed the gully? And the skills area? But rode the 4x track.

From the main carpark are there any trail map/routes anyone could recommend? I don’t think I can remember the route we took on ton’s ride either!

PaulMc
    Free Member

The best bits are not marked on any map Mark, you need a bit of local knowledge to find them. Give me a shout if you fancy a ride round there some time. Might suggest it to Julian.

curlie467
    Free Member

What Paul said but there are plenty of people who know a lot of the singletrack, myself included the 4x track is at the skills area.
    loads of singletrack around that area with some nice little drops etc.

mccett
    Free Member

There’s a bloke does ‘guiding’ round there if you’re really stuck, he rides on a Thursday night. Other rides go on Mon (group used to post on here but dont seem to anymore) and Wed nights (Twelve50 Bikes shop ride).

curlie467
    Free Member

The wednesday or monday rides are excellent, definitely worth going along to.

hora
    Free Member

Noted, ta. How about a Delamere Pootle?

PaulMc
    Free Member

I was thinking that. Are there any others planned? I missed the last one.

sambob
    Free Member

Delamere Pootle sounds good to me too. GraemeJones knows his way round quite well I think, but his cakes are far more important than that 😉

PaulMc
    Free Member

Finding a guide shouldn’t be a problem, teetosugars and I are also local.

mrh86

Is it not likely to be a bit of a mud-fest at the moment?

PaulMc
    Free Member

Will probably be dry and dusty by the time we manage to agree a date that suits everyone for a Pootle 😀

hora
    Free Member

Just name one. The further ahead it is the more susceptible to plan changes it’ll be anyway for attendee’s so swings/roundabouts.

tthew

I’m in! Enjoyed the last one.

sambob
    Free Member

How does it hold up when it’s wet?

flowergirl
    Free Member

Paul, can you tell your Mrs to get out on a Monday night before it’s dry and dusty? 😆
    Deb

hora
    Free Member

Now there’s an innuendo hiding there somewhere 8) 😆

flowergirl
    Free Member

And you wonder why us women don’t post on this forum very often?

thekid
    Free Member

Hi, Tracs uk do guides around delamere !!! you can contact them here http://www.tracs-uk.co.uk/ They also have a night ride on thursday nights from 6.30pm and if you dont have lights they hire them too. good bunch of lads and cater for all levels and abilitys.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yup it’s a muddy hole at the moment, a lot of the single track is still rideable but some of it is almost swamp like.

I’m only 1/4mile down the road from the forest and know my way round pretty well, not as good as some, but can get a good couple of hours in, probably more if you take in Grestys Waste & Primrose woods too.

It’ll be dry around the 2nd week in May and then it’ll return to mud again soon after that 😆

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ll gladly guide anyone round if they fancy it.

GRAEMEJONES

7 of us had a “Pootle” today, there are muddy/swampy bits, but they can be avoided without too much ballache.
    If you include Grestys Waste/Primrose Woods along with the main parts of Delamere it’s still possible now to get 16/17 miles in without using the same track twice.
    As for a Pootle there, it would probably be wiser to give it a miss for a while until it starts to dry out a bit, that way you would be able to take in some of the more swampy areas that there are now, and also, the stuff that the harvesting machines have created might be closer to being rideable, think berms, little jumps/kickers.
    They are do-able now in some places, but most are still like riding on a corrugated surface yet. 😉
    Sambob, was that a subtle hint 😛

hora
    Free Member

I apologise and didn’t mean to offend flowergirl. Sorry 🙂

Teetosugars yes please

Dark-Side

I’d be up for Delamere again too.

curlie467
    Free Member

flowergirl has seen and heard it all before, dont worry hora!

morgs
    Free Member

I couldn’t make the last one….and haven’t been off ride for far far far too long. I’m game if you need a tail-end charlie!

hora
    Free Member

Pretty much free for the coming few weeks. Let me know whats best for you Teetosugars.

Xar
    Free Member

If it’s an open invitation i’d be interested in joining in.

davedodd
    Free Member

Hi All,

I’d be happy to show anyone around if you can arrange a date. Oh and stop being big girls blouses with the mud, it only adds to the fun.
    I’m still doing the Monday night rides for anyone interested in tagging along. We stopped advertising on here as we were reaching numbers of 30-35 people a couple of years ago. The ride is really healthy with a great group of regulars and still finished of with the BEST cakes of any ride anywhere in the world (I’m biased as “flower girl” aka the cake maker, is my lovely wife :lol:)
    All people who’ve been on a Monday know it’s still THE one to attend although I’m sure others are great too :-). And remember, we’re the only one’s to have had a 4 page article about us in the mag!

Dave

flowergirl
    Free Member

Curlie467
    Too true I’ve heard it all before riding with you lot! Probably started some of it too, but it was nice of Hora to apologise for offending me! You have to remember he’s never met me 😉

steve_b77
    Free Member

After last nights ride, I can confirm that there are considerable lengths of dry trails in the murky depths of the forest, some stretches just don’t get muddy at all!!

And the cakes were very nice too 😆

hora
    Free Member

I’m in. Let me know when you guys are free!

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Delamere forest- any online maps/tips/guides?’ is closed to new replies.