Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Deal extreme P7 LED charging issues
  • Tomahawk
    Free Member

Just a quick one peoples.

Got some P7's from Deal extreme, pleased with them… bang on coverage with the head light/handle bar combo!

The time has come to recharge the Lithion battery units now (which i'm told can be prone to bursting into flames?!) The thing is when i plug the charger into the unit the indicating LED on the charger turns green before the thing is anywhere near a socket?

Is anyone familiar with the charger and it's possible indications?

Muchos.

z1ppy

which i'm told can be prone to bursting into flames?!

reported on here once, with a comment on the same thread saying a lumicycle unit had done the same. No one keep harping on about the lumicycle unit 🙄

The charging LED is taking power from the battery, ignore it and plug it in anyways.

cp

as z1ppy

freeridenick
    Free Member

Good luck, mine now run for under 40 minutes 😡 only been used about 8 times….pile of poo really.

retro83
    Free Member

That's not specific to the dx or even the cheaper end of the electronics market tho. In the last few years i've had expensive phone, laptop and camera batteries lose their ability to hold a charge. And they've certainly had a lot easier life than my dx which remains working.

Tl;dr – all batteries are rubbish

z1ppy

unlucky our have been ace all winter, how about sending it back instead of whining?
    Or I'll happily give you a £5 for it.

Tomahawk
    Free Member

A mate of mine is a leccy tech and informs me that high capacity batteries have a habit of building up a 'memory' and that they need to be fully run down after the first few uses. This then enables the batteries to run to there maximum potential for longer. Or so he reckons.

z1ppy

didn't think the memory issue was supposed to affect li-ion batteries, but am no doubt wrong.

Roman
    Free Member

I always run the batteries down completely before each charge and haven't had any issues in the past 7 months.

freeridenick
    Free Member

zippy, several mates have them and seem to have problems as well. Not worth sending back as had it over 6 months and DX dont exactly make it easy…

mr_mills
    Free Member

The light should go red when it's connected and charging. If the light is green it's because it's not charging so is either not connected to the mains or is fully charged. Leave it charging until the light goes from red to green.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Deal extreme P7 LED charging issues’ is closed to new replies.