Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Dartmoor ride tomorrow (friday)
  • singletracksurfer

around Lustleigh – anyone else around?

trailmonkey

no can do – sorry

have fun though it’s super slidey up there 8)

singletracksurfer

rats. anyone else?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I was up there in the rain last Saturday, courtesy of some Woody routes.

I thought the grip was fantastic – a bit puddingy on the high moor, but otherwise excellent. If you think it was slippery, you ought to come to mendip.

😉

trailmonkey

glad you enjoyed the routes 8)

we’re so spoilt here with the super grippy granite and generally dry climate that any kind of slippyness seems a tad unusual. it was good fun though broadsiding down the nutcracker 😯

singletracksurfer

did it rain there much today (this week)? I was hoping/thinking it wouldn’t be too bad, especially with all the rocks around really can’t be bothered to change my tyres yet. Planning on doing nutcracker tomorrow too 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

there’s been a fair old bit of rain.. I rode it on some scraggy old tyres on tuesday and it was great.. there had been some very obvious run-off from heavy rain.. peck farm and nutcracker was a bit slimy but fun and there was tons of grip in the woods.. I wouldn’t have been optimistic about the open moor though..

but we’ve had at least another 24 solid hours of rain since then..

bitemebryn
    Free Member

Not doing Lustleigh tomorrow, but intend heading out from Princetown at about 1330 if anyone fancys it.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

glad you enjoyed the routes

We did ‘lustleigh large’ which was really quite smashing. Nutcracker was of course the highlight. Silly giggly fun!

Bucko

I’ve been gagging for a ride all week but I’ve been too busy. It was great last Saturday, I got back to the car just as it started raining, and we have had a lot of heavy rain all week.

I might be up for a hangover ride on Saturday if anyone is about?

trailmonkey

possibly bucko, post on friday ?

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Been pretty wet here last couple of days…. hoping to get out for an early morning blast on Saturday. Not sure where yet. Was fancying a nice widescreen ride up over Grimspound way but suspect it will be a bit miry.

Bucko

@singletracksurfer, did you get out today then? It’s not stopped raining in Exeter all day.

I won’t be able to make a ride tomorrow, I’ve just been advised that I won’t be home until 4am (it’s a mates 30th birthday tonight)

trailmonkey

Was fancying a nice widescreen ride up over Grimspound way

😯

i really wouldn’t do that.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Fairly ‘orrible here today in Bovey – just missed the downfalls cycling to work but prob not on the way home 🙁 Its very soggy out!

bitemebryn
    Free Member

The ringmoor cottage descent was interesting today to say the least!
    Glad I changed my back end to Medussa’s last week to. The rain held off though and I pretty much had the western side of the moor to myself.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Dartmoor ride tomorrow (friday)’ is closed to new replies.