Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Dark and White, Castleton Round – Rushup Edge Checkpoint 13 pics
  • amodicumofgnar

Checkpoint loitering on Rushup Edge last wednesday evening. Castleton round of the Dark and White Summer Series 2011. The water bars claimed a healthy proportion of visitors – pinch flats. If you missed that hazard there was always the chance of getting a dose of herbicide, nearly over by a quad or almost trampled by a startled horse as you toiled up hill (unfortunately no picture).

Link to slide show click the photo

Or pic the ones you want to see…

Link to the set

sambob
    Free Member

Missed another local event. Grrrrr. Any after next monday?

Cabri
    Free Member

Nice pics, never seen as many puncture repairing operations for a ‘smooth’ path. Perhaps someone put nails on the path? 😀

slowrider
    Free Member

Can I have permission to touch the girl in photo 11 inappropriately please? Thanks.

amodicumofgnar

One last chance Sambob – Millersdale next wednesday, apparently there’ll be tunnels. Week after that is west of Chesterfield.

Path was far too smooth for the horse riders, one of them was grumbling about the surface on the way down and said it was better to ride on the grass on the side.

sambob
    Free Member

You mean the 8th? Might make it. You riding this weekend?

amodicumofgnar

Yes, next one is the 8th. Not riding at all at the moment – docs advice, hence the pictures. Most likely more of the same next week. Not been taking enough pictures recently, there was a disapointly high number of duds binned from this batch even allowing for the light and it being difficult to not make it look like an easy motorway.

sambob
    Free Member

I get the feeling the one at Millers Dale may involve the horrible grass switchbacks upto the farm near Wormhill 🙁 What’s stopped you riding? Let me know when you’re fit again and we’ll do some local stuff? My last exam is the 13th of June then i’m going up to Peebles for a week(ish) but i’m free after that.

amodicumofgnar

Done my ankle in, atleast after seeing the physio its not as serious as first thought. Off the bike for few more weeks.

sambob
    Free Member

Nice to hear it won’t be too long. Do you go to the physio in Chapel? My dad used him when he had bad knees and really rates him. I think he’s the old Huddersfield rugby league physio or something like that, but he seems to understand sports injuries really well.

amodicumofgnar

Think mine’s a lard injury from far too much work and not enough bike since the middle of last summer. Means I’m missing the next Pootle as well.

nbt

sambob – Member

Missed another local event. Grrrrr. Any after next monday?

There’s the manchester midweek series too again this summer, it’s on the BC site I think

sambob
    Free Member

OOO that sounds good. I’m in after a fortnight today.

jimmy

Week after that is west of Chesterfield.

where do you ride there…?

amodicumofgnar

I’ve not done an evening event round Chesterfield but the 3hr ones cover – Holymoorside, Linacre Res and Holmesfield area. The start is Holmebrook Valley Park.

Shorty121
    Free Member

I get the feeling the one at Millers Dale may involve the horrible grass switchbacks upto the farm near Wormhill

Thats the best climb ever 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

To be fair i’ve never ridden up it, only walked, but it just looks really draggy and painful. I’ll have to find out I guess…

amodicumofgnar

I always ride down it then up the otherside over to Chelmorton on the Pennine Bridleway and back on the Limestone Way. The climb up to the A6 is quite tough. Any ride I do there tends to be quite conveluted because to fit in the Pennine Bridleway west from Wormhill followed by the Limestone Way south into Miller’s Dale.

Makore
    Free Member

Oldaged – could you email me (address in profile)? I’d like to use one of your photos please. Thanks.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Dark and White, Castleton Round – Rushup Edge Checkpoint 13 pics’ is closed to new replies.