Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cyclo X Tires for Kaffenback?
  • phildowling
    Free Member

Anyone running Cyclo cross tires on there Kaffenback?

You can run upto 32c's according to the website, but they're standard slicks as far as i can tell. X Tires may be a bit wider?

Ta

bigeyedbeans
    Free Member

got some nice conti twister 32's on my pompino

alexonabike

i've heard 32 twisters work, just.

harvey
    Free Member

i dont think that will work , unless the frame has changed recently . it is a winter training bike , not a cyclocross bike

bigeyedbeans
    Free Member

as above 32mm twisters on pompino and still got 5mm clearance each side on the chainstays

Storky
    Free Member

Have you put the 32mm twisters on the On-One 120mm Clincher Track Wheelset?

I'm currently building up a Pompino and want to fit cyclocross tyres but wasn't sure what the maximum width of the wheelset was. Any ideas?

glynP
    Free Member

I have a spare panaracer cinder cx tyre that will fit as I had one on mine, cover the postage and its yours, its brand new.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

The 32mm Conti Twister 32mm are pretty narrow, I use Ritchey 32mm Cross tyres on mine and my mate has 35mm Conti Twisters on his and they work out to be the same width.
    There isn't much clearance at the chain stays, and I have yet to ride it in really muddy conditions, so only time will tell.
    BTW I have given my Kaffenback a really hard time and it is standing up really well to the abuse.

Doug

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cyclo X Tires for Kaffenback?’ is closed to new replies.