Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cutgate
  • thegnome
    Free Member

Has anyone been up over Cutgate in the last few days, if so how is it up there for snow.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Snow shouldn’t really be a problem I reckon, temperature’s been in double figures today and was near that yesterday round here (Sheffield). Almost all snow had gone from the high points of the Hope valley yesterday really and today was warmer.

More to the point though is that it is very likely to be a horrible muddy mess up there at the moment.

Superficial
    Free Member

Yeah everything’s melting. Cut Gate would probably have been OK while it was still frozen but I’d leave it until April now, personally.

kbrpro
    Free Member

Yeah I agree with Superficial, it’ll be really boggy at the bottom near the bridge. Not the best down hill at this time of year. The snow on top of the snake has all but disappeared thou.

Pieface

Ran along a short section near Cranberry Clough (from Howden to Margery Hill) and the none rocky bits were quite claggy. The sticky clag that sticks to your tyres.

The peaty bits will be slimy as all the snows melted

joelm76
    Free Member

Rode it yesterday and it was still pretty icy/snowy on top, that gully seems to have held onto all the ice and snow.
    Some sections were faster as the deep puddles were iced over, some sections were unrideable due to sheet ice… Other bits were muddy as per usual at this time of year.

Still great fun and about the normal ammount of dabs/falling off. Mild weather today may well have changed all this though.

thegnome
    Free Member

cheers folks, I was wondering about about the langsett side of things, should be worth a look tho.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cutgate’ is closed to new replies.