Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)
  • Crap you see on the side of the road
  • dirtypiere
    Free Member

Apart from all of the tins, bottles, litter crap etc I saw a used ( full up ) Johnny along with a yard of tissue at the the edge of a quiet rode this morning whilst out with me niece for a training ride.
    Told her what I had seen so had to go back and check.
    Bloody funny to see and had a laugh but really not that nice, litter does my head in, and some bloke most of done a months worth!!!
    What is the worst you have seen?

CaptJon
    Free Member

A charcoaled badger corpse.

bruneep

False leg

dirtypiere
    Free Member

Yeah weird! dunno how that happens

dirtypiere
    Free Member

Ps be ok if I could spell road as well! sorry

Dougal
    Free Member

Saw one of these while out nightriding in the snow a few weeks ago:

Was put there after the snow, and was a long way from civilisation. Some people litter off stuff.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I have twice seen £5 notes at the side of the road!

westkipper
    Free Member

What pi**es me off is the sheer amount of fly-tipping in verges. You'd probably never notice it at 50 mph in a car, but from a bike its really obvious.

…And no matter how remote the road, how far in the middle of nowhere, you'll always find used McDonalds cartons.

teagirl
    Free Member

Saw a load of double glazed windows in local beauty spot once with an address on. I did the dutiful thing and let the local plods know. They weren't interested.

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

About 30 empty lager cans, around a dozen pringles tubes, and a deflated inflatable chair lying in a verge about 5km from the nearest town. Weird place to have a party…

Karinofnine

I often see ONE shoe. How does that work then? So you get home and think "Hmmm, something's not quite right, oh would you look at that? I lost a shoe somewhere".

iDave
    Free Member

i've seen stoke-on-trent a few times

teagirl
    Free Member

lol at Tribalchief 😆

redthunder
    Free Member

Dead cat in a rug.

samuri
    Free Member

Gloves. I almost started a website called glove-roadkill.com which would show all the gloves and assorted garments found by the roadside. But then I remembered I had a life.

Worst thing though? We found a shooter once. Not an animal shooting shooter but a human shooting shooter, a pistol. Looked like a semi-automatic of some description to me but then I've never actually held one. I'm more used to rifles and shotguns.

Anyway, we phoned the police and they turned up astoundingly quickly. Really, we made the phone call and the first cop car was there almost as soon as we hung up. Bizarre really, cars kill three thousand people a year in britain and guns kill (from a quick search for 2009), 39 people a year but if we'd phoned up and told them we'd found a car we'd still be waiting there now.

What a strange and shitty world we live in.

redthunder
    Free Member

Other things found:

A cross cut saw.
    Gloves
    Zip Ties
    Pikey patchwork horse.
    CD's
    Art pamphlets.
    Shop rack system (now my home toolrack)
    Tarpaulins
    Couple of tents.
    Horny Girl sweets
    Blow up doll
    Enamel shop sign.
    Trailer board.
    Baby name book.
    Mr Sneeze toy.
    Tonka toy.
    Mini tyke bike thing.
    Roadie jacket.
    Mountain bike (apollo type ;-))
    Rope
    Book on woodland (still use it)

mandog

What appeared to be an air rifle. Didn't examine it. Phoned Police. Police arrived. Gun had gone.

I remember someone on here saying they once found a charred dead person in a burnt out car. They took some photo's before calling the Police.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

http://www.fixmystreet.com/

Report fly tipping etc here – gets sorted very quickly. 3 of my 4 eports dealt with in under a week. This included a dumped tractor wheel and tyre, 10 x 21"+ TVs, a stone block fireplace, and 10 rugs on the roman rd out of Hope!!

allthepies
    Free Member

>Saw a load of double glazed windows in local beauty spot once with an address on. I did the dutiful thing and let the local plods know. They weren't interested.

No good reporting flytipping to plod, get on to the council.

MrSmith
    Free Member

a pristine copy of 'transvestite today' on the road out of peaselake.

having inspected the contents as far as pages 5-6 it was left open at pages 3-4 and propped up in the verge so passers by could be shocked and appalled.
    there was that dead donkey on pitch hill around the same time, but that was trailside not roadside.

markenduro
    Free Member

A pile of frozen chips on a bridleway about a mile from the road, without any sign of a bag. WTF?

djglover
    Free Member

A human torso

swamp_boy

Way back when I was an estate forester we used to find all sorts of cr*p in the woods. One time I found an old radiator that a plumber had taken from my house the day before. Seeing as I knew where his next job was I took it along and gave it back.

Once other time what looked from a distance like a shop window dummy on the grass next to a byway near Stonehenge turned out to be a nice looking young woman nude sunbathing. Brightened up the day no end.

sofaking
    Free Member

came across a small rave last summer on a local bridleway about 7 in the morning, i dont know who was more surprised……….

accccciiiddddddddddddd

bassspine
    Free Member

It's nearly interesting how you can judge the distance to the nearest drive thru (*shudder*) fastfood outlet by the boxes. fry cartons two miles, drinks cups three, main boxes four and a half miles.

skidartist
    Free Member

As above the best people to call with fly tipped stuff is the council. My dad came across a pile of dumped plumbing scrap at a local nature reserve. Amongst it was an invoice. He called the council and someone was round like a shot. They traced the plumber who claimed he'd recently sold his van and that it was full of crap so the person that bought it must have dumped it. The council guy said thanks, then prosecuted the two of them.

My most recent weird find was a giant cuddly bunny.

As a youngster a friend of mine happened across a neatly folded pile of clothes, and a short distance away gentleman in basque, suspenders and high heals enjoying his own company. So he did what any right thinking young chap would do- nicked the clothes.

Oggles
    Free Member

Found a massive safe once, like the size of a washing machine, dumped about 50 metres down a trail. You could see the fresh tyre marks from a van or pickup. It had been cracked open and set on fire!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I used to work surveying the trunk road network in Scotland. Man we found hundreds of weird stuff.

One day I was down a verge and found about 50 footballs! I stuffed as many as I could into the survey car and then handed them out to anyone who wanted one back at HQ.

Grimy
    Free Member

If you want any motorbike spares, have a ride up to the Cat and Fiddle in Macc, theres flippin loads of broken fairings, forks, mirrors, pedals, half a handlebar, probably enough to bodge an entire bike together over a few miles. Dosent take long to see why…

Drac

**** me where do you people live, all I ever see empty cans and crisp packets.

Ambrose

LOL @ Skidartist – class!

Edric64
    Free Member

I found a flytipped computer desk i'm looking at it now

alwyn
    Free Member

Whilst travelling in Peru our group found a dead body wrapped up in a carpet. It was on the side of a motorway bridge near a very dodgy slum area of Lima.

We go out of there pretty quickly!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Bullets, 6 of them. Some 30 yards from a primary school gates and, say, 300 yards from the Civic Centre. Police were interested.

redthunder
    Free Member

Only tyres today…

qwerty
    Free Member

JBiker
    Free Member

Road ride near Penrith last Feb – found myself a very lovely top-of-the range Leatherman, which I expect it's owner didn't mean to drop there. I've also had a few fluorescent workman's vests, which are useful for commuting.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Where were them winders?

Still there? I'll save then a job if they are!

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

I remember someone on here saying they once found a charred dead person in a burnt out car. They took some photo's before calling the Police

That was on the Roman Road near Cambridge a couple of years ago near Christmas time

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Once saw a huge amount of bog roll flapping about on the verge. Some of it was clearly used. I suspect it had something to do with the empty box in amongst it. The box was about 18 inches tall by 6 inches square. It's contents (thankfully missing) was apparantly some sort of butt plug. Made my eyes walking just thinking about it. It was obviously huge 😯

On another occasion was out walking with the family in the woods. Emerged into a clearing covered in rubbish, nappies, bog roll, food waste and sh!t. Appeared to be recently vacated by 'travellers' Filty bastids

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Crap you see on the side of the road’ is closed to new replies.