Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cotic BFe & a suitable donor bike.
  • King-ocelot
    Free Member

I’d really like a BFe, with the price dropped BFe frames and the sales on it’s making sense to buy the BFe frame and look for a suitable donor bike to pilfer the rest of the set up from. I would then sell on the donor bike frame, and a few other bits off it I don’t need.

Which manufacturers frames fetch a good price in re-sale? I have seen suitable donor bikes from Lapierre and Ghost. Both with big money knocked off in sales.

cy

Out of those two I’d think the Lapierre would be the easiest to sell. If you get a medium Zesty my bro-in-law will probably have it off you 😉

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

on-one 456. you can get them with decent kit on as a build and sell the frame.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

depends on how much you want to control the spec. The 456 idea has merit but depending on which one you go for you may end up with a 10spd triple, Avid brakes, air forks etc. which, personally, aren’t my cup of tea so I’d only end up selling them on anyway. In other words, get the spec that suits the frame, and don’t get to focussed on the money side.

[great frame by the way]

chakaping
    Free Member

Have a look at the Voodoo Wanga, might be a good match.

stevede
    Free Member

If your after a small BFe i have a nearly new (about a month) gritstone frame and various parts that could make you up a decent quality start to a build. Have coil u turn Sektors (med or x firm spring) or push tuned Pikes dual air u turn with some cosmetic damage but in good working order, mavic ex721’s on pro 2’s, hope headset, slx cranks double and bash, xtr bb.
    I’m waiting on new frame and forks and then this lot will be going, all in good working order. Email in profile if your interested.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. Stevede I think my girlfriends got me a frame for Christmas. Approx what price are you looking for with the Sektors? Cheers

stevede
    Free Member

Frame,sektors,hope xc headset and bontrager rythm elite post – £350
    I have someone who’s already contacted me off the back of this post who’s interested in the frame and poss some forks, email me if your interested and want 2nd dibs.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

CAtflees I have emailed you re the Ragley i have. Are you still interested?

fenlanddavid
    Free Member

Good choice with the bfe I finished building mine yesterday 🙂 Cant wait to ride it!!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

NCB, I think possibly my emails are not getting through to you? Thanks for the offer but I will decline as i have my heart set on a BFe, I know someone who may be interested in your bike, I will let you know. Cheers.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cotic BFe & a suitable donor bike.’ is closed to new replies.