Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Contador getting booed today.
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Coming upto the top of the Zoncolan today in whichever place he finished he was roundly booed and didnt seem to happy.

Do you think he deserves it?

donsimon
    Free Member

Depends on why they were booing him.

lucien

‘cus he’s a cheeder

reggiegasket
    Free Member

booers are vegetarians

monksie
    Free Member

Booing him because he beat the current Italian cycling idol in the current Italian cycling idols country when said idol had been looking to beat Contador only for Contador to then drop said current Italian cycling idol like he wasn’t trying and has probably ensured Contador takes the race?
    No. I don’t think he did deserve to be booed.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

perfectly acceptable – he should be serving a ban.

Shandy
    Free Member

Whats their beef with Alberto?

Jase
    Free Member

For cheating, yes.

stratobiker
    Free Member

He earned it. He should enjoy it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Suppose it was the tifosi reaction to that mentioned above tainted with the drugs issue

monksie
    Free Member

Giggles at Shandy. I haven’t been aware of Contador being booed at any other stage of the race. Have the Italians only just heard about the minute traces of a banned substnace in Contador’s sample then or could it be that Nabalini lost the stage and the race today?

donsimon
    Free Member

perfectly acceptable – he should be serving a ban.

Has CAS made their ruling public already? What happened to the end of May and beginning of June?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

strict liability should apply. Illegal substance in your body – ban. That the rule no matter how it got there.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I like Pat McQuaid’s idea that anyone who has been caught using illegal performance enhancing techniques should be banned from the sport for life in any coaching and managment type role.

donsimon
    Free Member

But that’s not how it’s working, so as an advocate of following the law you should be shouting that he’s innocent until proven guilty, no?
    Not very sporting of the Italians especially after the support Nibali had here in Spain in La Vuelta (La Bola del Mundo).

warton
    Free Member

it was strange, never heard that before at the end of a stage in any race.

amd635
    Free Member

On Cyclingnews live feed they said he was booed because of the course change. Apparently it was Saxo that didn’t want to ride the mountain that was removed from the route.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Given the rules of strict liability it is his problem [ how it go there is irrelevant whatever we think of this] and I will be amazed if he does not get a ban.

monksie
    Free Member

Can anybody explain why Contador was booed today but not any other day of the Giro?
    If you’re convinced that he was booed today because he is a drugs cheat, why not any other day? Surely in that case, they’ve only heard about the questionable test today.
    Are you sure it wasn’t because he’d just ended the Italian cycling fans hopes of their hero winning the Giro?
    I didn’t know that Saxo Bank had been instrumental in the stage being shortened.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

He should be already serving a ban under the rules. he had steroids in his body – should be banned. His federation for some strange reason went against the internationally accepted rules and did not ban him.

He is proven guilty – he tested positive.

monksie
    Free Member

You don’t seem to be able to try and expalin why Contador was booed today specifically which was the original question asked by Surrounded By Zulus.

“Do you think he deserved it?” – being booed at the end of today’s stage.

Maybe he did if, as has been suggested, the stage was shortened at the request of Saxo Bank as some may perceive it a tactical advantage for Contador over Nabalini but I can’t see it. They’ve both been going hard.

In my firm opinion, it has nothing to do with the ongoing doping issue else he would have been booed through out the race.

Junkyard
    Free Member

if that is aimed at me then no 😳
    if it is aimed at TJ like he cares 😉
    😆

donsimon
    Free Member

So why is he allowed to ride then? Did the RFEC do something illegal? How can the RFEC go against the internationally accepted rules? Are they rules or guidelines? You’re arguing a non-argument. In your opinion he should be banned. In the opinion of the RFEC who have access to the facts, he shouldn’t, or do you think the whole of RFEC is corrupt too? Personally I would like to think he’s innocent as what I know of him, from the little time I’ve spent with him, is that he’s passionate about cycling, it’s his life. But I guess we’ll have to wait for CAS to rule.

monksie
    Free Member

Giggles at Junkie. – sorry about earlier, I was being an arse.

carbon337
    Free Member

Any highlights anywhere – to fill an hour in before TOC @ 10

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I think he should be banned. I also think that he is onw of the least sporting people in the peloton given how he attacked schleck when his chain dropped on last years tour.

donsimon
    Free Member

In my firm opinion, it has nothing to do with the ongoing doping issue else he would have been booed through out the race.

Probably not, but SBZ gets the desired effect.

warton
    Free Member

TJ, although I agree with you, other athletes have been cleared when they have tested positive for clem, so its by no means a black and white case…

pastcaring
    Free Member

Do you think he deserves it?

yes he was on a road bike! hope they booed everyone else as well!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Warton – really? Who

Junkyard
    Free Member

@monksie no worries but ta, we have all done but we dont all admit it

keavo
    Free Member

italians will boo anyone who isn’t italian and winning their race.

monkeychild
    Free Member

italians will boo anyone who isn’t italian and winning their race.

Just reading Laurent Fignon’s book, he got spat at and vinegar thrown at him!!! Booing doesn’t see so harsh 😆 HTFU Contador 😀

plop_pants
    Free Member

The guy running next to Contador up the final climb with the bit of beef attached to a line on the end of a stick made me chuckle.

mrmo
    Free Member

clenbuturol abuse
    in china
    in spain
    read the level!!!

“The concentration found by the laboratory was estimated at 50 picograms (50 trillionths of a gram) which is 400 times less than what the antidoping laboratories accredited by WADA (World Anti Doping Agency) must be able to detect,” it said, adding that testing of a second “B” sample taken at the same time confirmed the result.

he may well be guilty of doping, but just thought i should give some balance, it would not surprise me if most people had traces of questionable chemicals in there bodies.

keavo
    Free Member

stephen roche was given the ‘tifosi’ treatment too. ****, imho.

Marge
    Free Member

Maybe they were booing because the Giro is so shockingly disappointing??
    No-one is even close to being able to compete against Contador…

Maybe the crowd are linking his stunning superiority to potential doping but either way he’s in his own race. 🙁

warton
    Free Member

TJ, I’m sure there was a chinese athlete cleared. and someone in S.America. but looking it seems I was wrong…

smell_it
    Free Member

As someone tweeted yesterday: 1. He’s not Italian 2. Saxobank were heavily involved in the course change 3. they think he should be banned. So probably a slight combo of all three things, but mainly due to the course change imo.

I did have to giggle at the fan who ran next to contador with some beef on the end of a fishing rod waving it in front of him.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Well I missed the booing. Could have sworn it was mooing. Moooooo

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Contador getting booed today.’ is closed to new replies.