Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Constantly spinning head – like I'm drunk, only without booze????
  • johnhe

I spent a couple of weeks on a business trip with a French colleague who had felt unwell a few weeks before. He complained about feeling drunk, only he hadn’t been drinking. So now, I seem to have the same bloomin thing. Other than a constantly spinning head, and occasionally feeling too warm, I don’t actually feel too bad. I went out on my bike a couple of times, but have laid off now, since I’ve a few business trips coming up that I can’t really afford to miss.

Does anyone have the faintest idea what on earth is wrong with me?

project
    Free Member

Dehydration, plenty of water to drink

or anaemia, similar symptoms especially if you fall asleep at weird times.

jam-bo

Ear infection?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

could be some medical stuff as well laberynthitus, migraine etc. worth getting checked out if it continues.

excitable1
    Free Member

Sounds like a head flu or an infection around the head area which can effect your inner ear and balance.

Also, have you had Chicken Pox ? I had similar symptoms for about 3 weeks before I broke out in the spots.

Either way you need a trip to the doctors, don’t second guess anything to do with your head.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I had labyrinthitis a couple of years ago and had a spinning head, usually after standing up. Lasted about 2 or 3 seconds at a time. Also couldn’t focus on close objects without my eyes darting around a few times.

Couldn’t ride and it lasted for about 4 or 5 weeks.

No treatment available so just had to let it pass.

FieldMarshall

iDave diet?

Low carbs always does that to me.

loum
    Free Member

You’ve caught “Frenchness”.

oddjob
    Free Member

iDave diets isn’t low carb. Just sayin’

jota180
    Free Member

Spinning head?

have you tried exorcism?

Eyepic
    Free Member

When I had labyrinthitis many years ago the early stage felt exactly like a drunk spinning head for a while … then I started getting motion sick from moving my head (puked in the Dr’s waste paper basket)… ended up being bed bound for several days…. Hope you don’t suffer the same.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Forign legionaires disease

dharmstrong
    Free Member

Had labyrinthitis as well a few years back. Felt like being drunk, spinning head but not able to stop it. You can get tablets from the docs, strong anti travel sickness tablets that dull the symptoms but also make you very lethargic. Can last a few weeks or unfotunately a few years (like me). Body “learns” eventually to compensate for the imbalance in the inner ear. But go to your GP if it doesn’t let up as it “may” be other things that have similar symptoms.

grahamh
    Free Member

meniere’s disease?

martinhutch

Labyrinthitis sounds like the favourite, perhaps caused by some kind of sinus-lovin’ virus.

Can take a while to settle down. Travel sickness type pills can help. Worth seeing GP to exclude anything more unusual.

imp999
    Free Member

If you are agout 45 then it might be that crystals in your inner ears thing I had.
    Nearly spoiled my holliday last year.
    Go to the doc.
    If it is then you get you have a head manoevre at hospital and all is well.
    Red wine diagnostics – Sorry.

project
    Free Member

Spinning head, now thqt must be handy on a cycle commmute 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I believe Kylie Minogue suffers from the same thing….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1DWBKk5xHQ[/video]

/serious mode

Go to your doctor.

continuity
    Free Member

GO TO YOUR **** DOCTOR

butcher

Sounds like vertigo. Often caused by ear problems. But I agree. Doctor is best port of call.

johnhe

Calm down everybody – of course I’m going to the doctor. I just thought some Internet diagnosis would be good first!!!

johnhe

And, it will probably be a week before I can get an appointment wit the GP!

marsdenman
    Free Member

Similar symptoms for me (no business trip with a frenchman though…) = trip to the doctor = looking in my ears, closely followed by a ‘eeeeeeugh… they really need syringing…’ after which, all was well….

chakaping
    Free Member

Vestibilitis?

Google it.

DrP

I suspect, in no particular order….
    vestibular neuronitis
    Meniers
    Inner ear effusion
    BPPV less likely given the persistent nature…

I love seeing this sort of thing – i’d give you the ol’ Dix-hall pike and make you puke!

DrP

jojoA1
    Free Member

Sounds like Meniere’s/labyrinthitis. I’ve had it after a cold that went to my ears, and so has a colleague who got it after a flight with a cold that pushed infection into her ears. Horrible swimmy feeling. Mine just went away eventually, colleague was given some exercises by her GP that are supposed to re-orientate some crystal stuff amongst the micro ‘hair’ thingies in your semi-circular canals or something…

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

Bad aids?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Constantly spinning head – like I'm drunk, only without booze????’ is closed to new replies.