Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Commuting Q..has anyone found any safety orange stuff?
  • __ilovebadgers__

i'm bored of the fluro yellow stuff and really fancy some fluro orange clothing.
    Has anyone found / got any ?
    i suppose it would be a fleece or some layering stuff i'm after.

i've hunted round a fair bit, but nowt.

anyone?

ta

me

snakebite
    Free Member

got an orange Buff, kosha one with two scotchbrite stripes!

miketually
    Free Member

I've got an Endura Lazer in a bright orange

rootes1

Groundeffect – do baked alaska in orange.. and other stuff in orange

polaris do orange stuff

not sure orange is so good at night under sodoim lamps? but think thatit is better in the day that all the yellow

rootes1

http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/product-detail-ALA-WIN.htm

I got the grey one – theri postage is superfast as well NZ to woking in 4 days

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i've got an 'ahem' borrowed Royal Mail Hi viz vest which is orange but people may think i'm a posty

__ilovebadgers__

ta you lot. i'll have a look at those.

and rootes1, i know what you mean about the lights – maybe i'll just have to keep the orange for the summer months.

momo

Orange hi-vis (proper BS stuff) appears red when lit by car headlamps, but doesn't appear to be as bright as the yellow which looks green when lit up. If the reflective strips are in place though I can't see that being a major problem.

coffeeking
    Free Member

you can buy a glow in the dark paint (several colours) and a retroreflective clearcoat for it, now THAT is cool. Get that frame painted!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Agrreed orange is nigh on invisible at night, stick to yellow and white.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Search for railway hi viz vests as they are proper orange hi vis material.

Big advantage of orange over yellow hi vis is that it does't attract flies . The yellow hi vis is a nightmare in summer as it attracts all manner of flying bugs

rootes1

Search for railway hi viz vests as they are proper orange hi vis material.

as are many quarry vizi vest as well – but less lighting and on the railway yellow can be confused with vegetation

Big advantage of orange over yellow hi vis is that it does't attract flies . The yellow hi vis is a nightmare in summer as it attracts all manner of flying bugs

too right you try working on sewage treatment filter beds in yellow! i used to have a bee keepers hat to keep from breathing them!

steve_b77
    Free Member

You might be wanting one of THESE or one of THESE

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Commuting Q..has anyone found any safety orange stuff?’ is closed to new replies.