Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 198 total)
  • CLIC24, who’s on board?
  • c_klein87

Been training hard in preparation for this years CLIC24, been looking forward to it so much, just hope the weatherman changes his mind soon else i need to buy some overshoes…….
    Many other people from here entered?

simondbarnes

Me. Soloing (**** knows why!)

Feel free to sponsor me 🙂

http://www.justgiving.com/simondbarnes

terrahawk
    Free Member

me.
    riding solo – Ti Global or Scandal 29er. Grumpy expression.

terrahawk
    Free Member
    KINGTUT
    Free Member

simondbarnes – Member

Me. Soloing (**** knows why!)

Feel free to sponsor me [:)]

http://www.justgiving.com/simondbarnes

Thought that was you on the email list, look forward to meeting you (I was MikeT) ;o)

I’m soloing too for Las Vegas Institute of Sport / Tutton Recruitment.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

**** hell Simon, just checked your just giving site, well done I doff my hat to you.

judderman
    Free Member

I shall be there riding for http://www.bikecity.biz/ I will be the short, fat, bald, slow one, if you see me around the coarse say hello I would like to put some faces to yout forum names.

Ti29er
    Free Member

And I’ll be there taking the pictures from about 06:00hrs (Sunday morning) onwards.
    Tim

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Oh **** I just looked at the forecast on Metcheck for Saturday.

😐

pid
    Free Member

I’m going and mostly hoping that it’ll be drier than two years ago. Of course, last year was almost too hot…

twinklydave

I’ll be there NOT soloing for the first time ever 🙂

remind me, what do you do between laps again?!

c_klein87

I remember 2 years ago, thinking how quick the course would be in the dry, looks like i’ll have to wait longer

KINGTUT
    Free Member

That top section after the masts is hell if it rains hard.

Ah well..

twinklydave

i remember utterly destroying a brand new middleburn hardcoat chainring during the 2007 event – to the point where you could literally spin the cranks freely in both directions with the chain on!

it was nice watching the lightening on the friday evening last year with a pint from the bar (mainly because the weather didn’t move onto the course…)

KINGTUT
    Free Member

2007 fubared my Rebas, they were never the same after.

I remember on one of my laps seeing Neil Wilkens surveying the top section of the course half way through the event that year, he didn’t look happy.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Dave – why not solo?
    With the torrential rain both before and during the event, I don’t think I’ll have missed out on any interesting images over night. Last year I was out taking “arty” timed exposure shots ’til almost 02:00 near the bottom of the final descent off the hill and just back from there, the steep climb off the fire road onto the top ridge.
    Your mud splattered faces will add a tough of glamour to the pictures, so grin like loons as you come slithering past me like this 😀 😯 😀

From Tuesday evening: CLIC24 – The Return of the Mudfest

Tim

slugwash
    Free Member

I’ll be soloing it on my sand coloured 853 inbred and hanging out between laps around the woodburner in the Biksetyle tepee. Wake me up and give me some encouragement if you find me asleep by the trailside! I don’t know the course so what tyres if the weathers bad? I was going to run big, chunky, fast-rolling Specialized Fasttraks if the course was dry but they are crap in the mud. See you there 🙂

Ti29er
    Free Member

MM and SITS 2008 tought us that 1.5 mud tyres are the only way to keep your bike moving forward.
    However, the nature of the CLIC24 ground is not the same as the open fields and that horrible wood in SITS, so at a guess 1.5 might not be what you require.
    Those Panaracer Trailrakers (?) deep mud tyres are pretty darn good if you ask me.
    Or give me a spectacle to photograph, Furious Freds all the way!
    Tim

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I don’t know the course so what tyres if the weathers bad?

If its dry, semi slicks will be the ticket, if its mucky then a fast rolling mud tyre like the Bonty Mud X would be tip top.

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Last year in the dry!

Vid’ I did from last year. Ashamed to say I still haven’t got around to doing/uploading the 2nd and 3rd section!

I’ll be there on my Felt Virtue, doing a ‘relaxed’ solo effort. Put the Mud X’s back on in readiness for the anticipated deluge over the next couple of days.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Since you ‘orrible lot will be invading my usual Sunday morning ride venue, I will mostly be buggering off to the Quantocks instead.

twinklydave

Ti29er – Member

Dave – why not solo?

In previous years I’ve always done OK early season races – from strathpuffer through to CLIC, then run out of steam in the summer, when all the ‘big’ races are. I’m taking everything a bit slower this year and hoping to be fit enough to properly race a bit later in the season (SITS, Relentless etc).

Didn’t want to miss out on a great event though, so when a mate offered a place on a team I leapt at it 🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Since you ‘orrible lot will be invading my usual Sunday morning ride venue, I will mostly be buggering off to the Quantocks instead.

Why aren’t you doing it Mr Grumpy?

GaryLake
    Free Member

Team of 4 with the cheesy riders.

http://www.justgiving.com/gary-lake

If it’s really crap out there might take the SS just in case 🙂

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I’m soloing for Las Vegas Institute of Sport as well. Hope the weather holds, or at least isn’t as terrible as 2007 …

Even if it rains hard beforehand I might try and get away with 1.9 summer tyres. Thin enough to bite a bit, over half the course is road or fireroad ascent anyway.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Lol! Not Mr. Grumpy.

I’ve spent a considerable amount of time since my redundancy properly exploring the mendips. Clic is a good course, with some good sections, but its not the best riding on the ‘dips by some margin. Plus, I ride there all the time, so there doesn’t seem any point really.

And its going to be a wet one again.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Even if it rains hard beforehand I might try and get away with 1.9 summer tyres. Thin enough to bite a bit, over half the course is road or fireroad ascent anyway.

Semi Slicks for me! I’ll slide through the muddy sections!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

And its going to be a wet one again.

NO IT’S NOT! 😡

See you at the Bristol 12 then!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Yes. Keep an eye out for a fat lad on a red 456 thats clearly too small for him. That’d be me.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Yes. Keep an eye out for a fat lad on a red 456 thats clearly too small for him

But that describes 95% of the STW forum membership!

ransos
    Free Member

I’m in the same team as Gary Lake. The Metcheck forecast doesn’t make happy reading – I’ll be taking the Trailrakers and winter boots along! My only hope is that because it’s been dry recently, the course will take a fair amount of rain before it starts to churn up. Probably wishful thinking though.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

The Metcheck forecast doesn’t make happy reading

It’s a lot better than it was forcasting last night, fingers crossed.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

The flattish section from the gate after the transmitters down towards Ellick Farm doesn’t drain. It’ll just pool and go horrific like it did a couple of years ago.

True enough Mike, I must be core demographic! 😳

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Slight Hijack – How many are you doing this because it is for charity and how many because it is a bike event?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Bit of both for me WCA. I wouldn’t do a bike event that uses so much road and fireroad if it wasn’t for a good cause and very very local.

ransos
    Free Member

I wouldn’t do a bike event that uses so much road and fireroad

You might be grateful for those sections if the weather gets really bad!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I always do these things because they’re bike events. Charidee is secondary, and I’m pleased to be able to help by doing something I enjoy.

twinklydave

How many are you doing this because it is for charity and how many because it is a bike event?

because its both. you get a warm fuzzy feeling from doing something good to match the sore achey feeling in your legs 🙂

(saying that, if it was a rubbish course/atmosphere, i’d probably give it a miss…but it isn’t, so yay)

ransos
    Free Member

Looking at Metcheck – they’ve completely changed their minds about the weather for Saturday 3 times in the last 2 days. So I don’t think we can have too much confidence in their forecast, whatever it happens to be.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

You might be grateful for those sections if the weather gets really bad!

Meh, I’m a stubborn git when I want to be. It was atrocious weather in 2007 and I was happy as larry boshing through the filth. I’d still rather grovel through a bog than loop back on the road, but there isn’t much that can be done. I hope Neil’s talks with various landowners pans out for 2010.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 198 total)

The topic ‘CLIC24, who’s on board?’ is closed to new replies.