Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Civic Type R Mugen 200
  • the_lecht_rocks

thoughts ?

px’ing my 2007 NHB GT in a weeks time 😯

brilliant and i should know better at my age.

normal aspiration – marvellous………… 😈

fadda

Very quick. Proper point and shoot driving. And I wouldn’t EVER want to do a long distance in one!

megastream
    Free Member

I’ve had two CTR’s and am now on my 2nd S2000, that Mugen has got to be worth a test drive

vinnyeh

I had a CR125 with Mugen bits on it back in the day…

Bet you haven’t got kids, have you? 😕

What’s an NHB GT?

the_lecht_rocks

fadda – it’s not that core… 🙂

its definitely more pointy than my 2007 ctr gt though 🙂

the_lecht_rocks

no kids – ctr nhb gt getting px’d.

megastream
    Free Member

what are you px’ing it for?

the_lecht_rocks

my ctr is being px’s for the mugen 😛

steve_b77
    Free Member

Looks menacing, NA all the way 😀

the_lecht_rocks

menacing – thanks 🙂

partyboy
    Free Member

Meh, better spending the cash on a DC5

the_lecht_rocks

dc5 don’t come with 0 miles on the clock though, otherwise i’d have one in a SHOT 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

Used to have the sticker on my EG6 :mrgreen:

the_lecht_rocks

lol @ b77 🙂

spanishfly
    Free Member

ITS A CIVIC

sc-xc

I would love to join in this thread, but I don’t understand any of the acronyms.

mieszko
    Free Member

It might only be a Civic, but my mate had a Integra Type R, similar-ish thing, 1.8L around 200bhp, it’s “only” an Integra but the way it goes and how it sounds when revved up to almost 9k RPM is just fantastic.

Can You see anything out the back with that huge spoiler? Not much of a “stealth bomber” this thing 😉

tony24
    Free Member

vtec will need the nuts revving off it for enjoyment. But thats all part of the fun 😈

DrP

NHB – night hawk black
    GT – GT!
    CTR – civic type r
    NA – normally aspirated

That looks pretty neat – I do love the JDM white. The spoiler WILL make reversing a tad tricky though!

Awaits that “vtec just kicked in, yo” picture…. 😉

DrP

Ex CTR owner, PX’d for an octavia when little DrP came along!

epicsteve
    Free Member

Used to have one of the 160bhp Civic VTi’s back in the early 90’s – great car. Considering either a S2000, a Type R or even a Boxster currently – could be my mid-life crisis kicking in!

I’ve also got several quicker Hondas already but they’ve got 2 wheels.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Would have loved that 10am years ago. Now I just can’t be arsed to thrash the crap out if cars to get the best from them. Looks a bit OTT but a very capable machine.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Will look great in the trail centre car parks.

JCL
    Free Member

I’d buy a nice R26.R. It’d run rings around the Civic.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Until it broke down…

travellingman
    Free Member

Thoughts? You’re a boy racer chav that belongs on another forum. Just sums up how predictably disappointing some mountain bike ‘cyclists’ can be.
    Your fellow car ‘enthusiasts’ are the type that run you off the road and whack you on the back with a rolled up newspaper, which is just so funny….

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

That it’s a Honda! I’ve worked for them…. no thanks.

martinxyz
    Free Member

aye, but the honda build would run rings around the renault wouldnt it?

not going to get kids into the R26 though. unless they come along in another car,then you can let them inside the R26 and let them play on the climbing frame in the back!

a boy racer chav? i dont know any that can afford 39k? cars.

jwt
    Free Member

I take it this is the £24K version, rather than the £38K version?

cynic-al
    Free Member

OMG is TLR low rent?

xcstu
    Free Member

Honda fan 🙂

yes please…

sweepy
    Free Member

you’ll never see the skips with that spoiler on it

chiefgrooveguru

S2000? It’s not like the Mugen has any rear seats!

DarrenH

I’d have another type r in an instant,
    had to sell mine off when my twin boys “showed up”
    *sigh* bless em.
    But the mugen type r, mmm mmm!

nedoverendsmole
    Free Member

The current Civic in Championship white looks like a cyclon from Battle star Gallactica, wearing a Klu Klux Klan outfit. Cant wait to see one with a chrome effect wrap. 🙁

thehustler
    Free Member

spanner for the works didn’t topgear test the mk1 against the mk2, and mk 1 was better as suprior suspension system,and alot lighter

nedoverendsmole
    Free Member

the cylons also had torsion beam rear ends, which is why they used to wear skirts

benkitcher
    Free Member

@Travellingman

Are you being funny? If not, you’re the sort of beardy, Ronhill wearing, tight sphinctered broccoli muncher cycling and its image doesn’t need. You get ****ts on both sides of the argument, there is no moral high ground; we just need to respect each others passions.

If you are being funny, then yes, a Honda is a chavs car 🙂

@TLR

I’d be inclined to agree with the Megane comments above; I really like the mid range grunt of the R26 and its turbo. I drove one back to back with a Clio 200, and although only 30hp separates them, the ‘shove’ of the Megane coming off roundabouts put a much bigger smile on my face and seemed to build pace sooo much quicker.

The LSD in the R26 was awesome though and I bet you’ll love the Mugan for that alone 🙂

tron
    Free Member

thoughts ?

You’re insane. £38k would get you any number of daft cars – a recent M3 for a start. Or an S2000 and a GTI/Subaru/Evo. Or a Caterham and a quick 4 seater.

Just can’t see where the value is in that Honda.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Isn’t it yet another willy comparison subject? Should I buy this useless or that moronic toy? Surely there are ‘I drive a hot GT SPD TD VTTI xYZ’ fora where people need wheel lifts off a roundabout?

travellingman
    Free Member

‘benkitcher’- yes, being funny or at least trying! I’m currently sporting stubble and I do believe I’ve got a pair of Ronhills in a draw somewhere, does that count?!

A white Honda!? It’s a production run chavmobile. Is the OP kidding? We’ve got a fleet of Hondas at work and they’re the most unreliable, badly designed garbage I’ve ever had the misfortune to drive. Honda make great motorcycles as do Suzuki but their cars leave a lot to be desired.

Not that I’m particularly into cars but a white GT3 or any colour you like for that matter.. Now, that’s a different story.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Civic Type R Mugen 200’ is closed to new replies.