Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Changing Trains Between Kings Cross & St Pancras
  • Laggingbehind
    Free Member

After some sensible advice please. My daughter is having to travel down from Cambridge into Kings Cross & then picking up another train from the St Pancras to the Kent coast (via Ebbsfleet so I guess its probably the Eurostar platform). The only thing she is not sure of is this changeover. The British Rail route planner is telling her its a 31minute walk between the two stations but in truth it only looks like you need to cross the road. Would very much appreciate a bit of realism from someone who knows.

Stu_N

Stoopid double post

doc_blues
    Free Member

the map is right – it is a 5 minute walk at most. just out the door by platform 8 and across the road – very easy to find and do.

the british rail route planner often throws up odd journeys – I wanted to look up a train from enfield to finsbury park (a 20 minute direct journey at the most) – except if I had followed the journey planner I would have had a train to stevenage, then to perterborough then direct to FP – quite bizarre

Stu_N

They are pretty much one station. 15-20 mins should be plenty of time to change trains IF they are on time!

simon_g

The planner seems to assume that you're walking with a zimmer frame and weighed down with 50kg of bags. The two are about 200m apart – just add some time to get out of one and into the other, St Pancras especially can be a bit of a trek from the front door to the platform.

jimmy

what simon_G said. 10 minutes should be ample, but then I wouldn't want
    less time than that if I didn't know the set up.

Laggingbehind
    Free Member

Thanks Guys

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yep, pretty much one station these days. A couple of minutes easy walk.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

To be honest, its only 31 minutes if you have two broken ankles and are juggling all your items as you were too poor to afford a suitace.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Changing Trains Between Kings Cross & St Pancras’ is closed to new replies.