Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • changing from triple to double chainring set up – advice please
  • mojo5pro
    Free Member

I currently run a triple chainring. I’m thinking of removing the big chainring and just running a double with a bash guard.
    Do I simply need to adjust the limiter screw on my existing front mech set up to stop it trying to move in to the non-existant third ring?
    Is there anything else I need to change or do to the front mech or shifter?

thanks

Chase
    Free Member

You got it spot on. Simple really.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

thanks Chase. It seemed logical but a bit too simple!

AB
    Free Member
    mojo5pro
    Free Member

AB – what an opportunist!

Thanks, just thinking about it at the moment. My middle ring is 32t so maybe I’d need a 32t guard?

hustler
    Free Member

never adjusted nowt, just don’t try and shift up to third. Easy really.

Epic
    Free Member

I’m running a 22t/36t/FSA ’36’t bashring set up and it’s spot on. Gives me a good gear range with some nice top end speed for the downhills.

When I previously ran a 22/32 setup I was spinning out on the descents and getting left behind 🙁

juan
    Free Member

nothing to chance. Just don’t shift to big ring

jonb
    Free Member

I didn’t adjust anything, just avoid shifting up the second time.

takisawa2

Man up & go 1×9.
    Go on.
    Dare ya…

Out of interest, & primarily because I’m a thick dozy wazzak etc, why do people usually go with a bash guard when they go to a double set-up ?
    Can you not just ditch the big ring & use shorter bolts…?
    Am I missing something ?

Coyote
    Free Member

Don’t bother adjusting the front deraileur, you won’t be able to change up anyway.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

takisawa2, I’m going from a triple to a double specifically so I can fit a bash guard to stop the the chainring gashing the back of my leg. I hardly use the big ring so it’s no loss. I will probably change middle ring to 36t.

juan
    Free Member

I got to 2+bash because I rarely used the big ring expect to get stuck on rocks…
    So the bash guard is protecting the middle ring now.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘changing from triple to double chainring set up – advice please’ is closed to new replies.