Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • CCDB Air/BOS Vip'r
  • honourablegeorge

Tempted by a new shock for the SPicy – my RP2 needs a service as there’s nitrogen in the air… had decided to get it Kashima coated, then started looking at maybe trading to the RP23, and then…. so, basically, I’ve got the money spent in my head.

ANyone recommend one or the other of these?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

CCDB Air not yet on these shores. Due very soon at TF Tuned.

If it’s as good as the coil it will be really very good indeed.

Superficial
    Free Member

There’s nitrogen in the air? You wanna get that changed ASAP, it might explode or something.

honourablegeorge

CCDB Air is here and on sale, AFAIK

zangolin
    Free Member

Isn’t air 78% Nitrogen anyway? 😉

honourablegeorge

Heh. Nitrogen in the oil, or somesuch. Whatever’s causing the odd, slurpy sucking noise.

Trimix
    Free Member

The gas (be that Air, or just Nitrogen which is what is in there) has got mixed up so much with the oil its *cavitated.

Just get it serviced, it will be fine.

If you really want to spend money on a new one they speak to someone like Loco for advice. But your existing shock will be fine once serviced.

*Cavitation is the formation and then immediate implosion of cavities in a liquid – i.e. small liquid-free zones (“bubbles”) – that are the consequence of forces acting upon the liquid. It usually occurs when a liquid is subjected to rapid changes of pressure that cause the formation of cavities where the pressure is relatively low.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

He used to be a dive guide you know 😆

Trimix
    Free Member

Apparently 🙂

mbarnes
    Free Member

Exrauk told me no DBairs until end march (£505 rrp)

i am not sure what the weight is either vs CCDB.

mafiafish
    Free Member

£505 rrp 😯

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Weight is ~550g. Near enough the same as a CCDB Coil, minus the spring.

For 500 quid i’m sure if you get one you’ll convince yourself it’s 117% better than your old air shock, and it’s transformed you into Nico Vouilloz.

In reality, once the honeymoon period is over you will probably be no faster with it, just £500 worse off albeit with a shiny new shock on your bike.

I’d just get your current shock serviced and tuned for you, and spend the £400 you save on a week in the Alps. If you really want one though, i’d buy the CCDB so you don’t have to go through the pain of trying to deal with BOS/R53.

chakaping
    Free Member

I quite fancy a Monarch Plus RC3, but I’ll probably settle with getting my RP2 Pushed instead.

And I’m sure that it’ll be more than capable of handling my mincing.

Rik
    Free Member

Not really my CCDB is 405g without the spring and only 630g with spring and all the mounting hardware.

honourablegeorge

Hob Nob – Member

For 500 quid i’m sure if you get one you’ll convince yourself it’s 117% better than your old air shock, and it’s transformed you into Nico Vouilloz.

In reality, once the honeymoon period is over you will probably be no faster with it, just £500 worse off albeit with a shiny new shock on your bike.

I’d just get your current shock serviced and tuned for you, and spend the £400 you save on a week in the Alps. If you really want one though, i’d buy the CCDB so you don’t have to go through the pain of trying to

I could service, tune and kashima coat the current shock, but I doubt it would be as good as a CCDB, and would cost plenty. Tempted mainly by a bit of extra climbing traction, and yes, the shiny newness.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Not really my CCDB is 405g without the spring and only 630g with spring and all the mounting hardware.

Obviously size dependant. Mine was 100g more, plus a bigger spring = more weight.

I could service, tune and kashima coat the current shock, but I doubt it would be as good as a CCDB, and would cost plenty. Tempted mainly by a bit of extra climbing traction, and yes, the shiny newness.

Of course, but you’re in the justification to yourself stage of want/need. By the sounds of things, your shock needs a service, and it may as well have a tune whilst it’s in bits. Anything above that is want justification. A well tuned half decent shock for you (like the Fox RP series) should be plenty good enough, using the Vouilloz example again, he hasn’t got any slower now he’s off the BOS kit & on Fox…

However, if you want it, buy it!

Rik
    Free Member

Mines only a 400w spring which helps too

MRanger156
    Free Member

Get it serviced and buy a second hand coil.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘CCDB Air/BOS Vip'r’ is closed to new replies.