Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Carbon bars and lock on grips
  • davidrussell
    Free Member

Hi,

Is anyone running lock ons on a carbon bar? I think this is ok as long as the end plug is installed but wanted to check.

Cheers

coatesy
    Free Member

Everybody that's bought an Orange with a performance pack. Just remember not to overtighten otherwise they WILL crush.

tinsy
    Free Member

No problem but go for the clamp type lock ons rather than the grub scew onto the bar type (odi are the clamp type).. ones like spank grips have an alloy end cap thats all part of the outer clamp so saves the jamming a bung up the bars bit… wiggle have them £4 grips out not sure what the clamp is like but definately a bargain.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Teetosugars
    Free Member

Never had a drama here.. Been running Oury grips & USE Bars for nearly a year on my Heckler..

Had the same set up on my Hardtail for ages too.. Again, no dramas..

wwaswas

Easton allow bar ends on their carbon bars so lock on grips will be fine.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

No problem here either, Bonti xxx flat bars and on one lock on grips.
    Like they say dont tighten them within an inch of their life.

nickc

Just remember not to overtighten otherwise they WILL crush.

Oh, FFS, it's a tiny little Allen bolt, you'd round it off, or snap it before you'd get anywhere near being able to crush the bar with it…

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Oh, FFS, it's a tiny little Allen bolt, you'd round it off, or snap it before you'd get anywhere near being able to crush the bar with it…

Thats not quite true I'm afraid. As Tinsy says above, if you go for the kind of lock ons that are 'locked' by a little grub screw then they simply deliver too much pressure into one tiny spot and WILL damage carbon bars.
    If you use the clamp style then its no hassle. After all, you fit brakes ands shifters to your carbon bars dont you?

Richie

meeeee
    Free Member

whats better about lock ons than normal grips? Serious question, excuse my ignorance 😳

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Carbon bars and lock on grips’ is closed to new replies.