Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 207 total)
  • Car dealer. Disorganised or flogged the car I put a deposit down on?
  • irc

So you buy it and soon after there is a major problem. Another 18 months of non contact while you try and get him to meet his legal responsibilities?

Money back or small claims.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hook.
    Line..
    &
    Sinker..

Man, he’s got you well and truly caught.

The car might be rare, might be sought after, might be a figment of someone elses imagination because for sure it’s not yours..

You came on here asking our opinion, you’ve been honest enough to open up to all your lack of action and inaction and distraction and lack of traction.

There will be other cars, sure there will. If this Guy is the only one in the country to do up cars of this ilk i’d eat my Gym Slip.

I’d get my money back and go elsewhere.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

There will be other cars, sure there will. If this Guy is the only one in the country to do up cars of this ilk i’d eat my Gym Slip.

If it’s an MX-5, and you know nothing about cars, why does it need to be some super limited edition with bells and whistles added?

I always thought modifying cars for the sake of it was a daft game. Either buy a car you want to drive fast, do some track days and get faster. Or go racing and modify the car within whatever the rules allow (which may or may not ban coil-overs anyway meaning your expensive upgrade is of use to neither man nor beast).

coppice
    Free Member

So a car drove into a garage for a clutch but then they couldn’t re-fit the gearbox? It must fit, as its the same gearbox and it drove in? Also how mangled does a car have to be for that to happen given that on an mx5 the gearbox is in the centre of the car?

So then what happened, they just broke the car for bits?

Too many lies for my liking..

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I always thought modifying cars for the sake of it was a daft game. Either buy a car you want to drive fast, do some track days and get faster. Or go racing and modify the car within whatever the rules allow (which may or may not ban coil-overs anyway meaning your expensive upgrade is of use to neither man nor beast).

One thing I have learnt from years of racing and tracking cars is to buy one already done. You never get back what you spend to get them modified and you can get one with all the trick bits you want on it for not a lot.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

crikey o’ mary, its not the only car and dealership in the world.. clearly you’ve been duped. textbook case of people taking advantage because you let them.

vongassit
    Free Member

I bought me an illusion
    An I put it on the wall
    I let it fill my head with dreams
    And I had to have them all
    But oh the taste is never so sweet
    As what you’d believe it is – well I guess it never is
    It’s these prejudiced illusions that pump the blood
    To the heart of the biz

dibndab
    Free Member

Oh dear Lord… Mate, get in a car/ on a train, go see this fella in person, demand your money back or go legal cos cash is cash and it’s yours not his. It’s that simple. It sounds like you’re going to track the car going by the mods, I do hillclimbing and there are loads of good, bad and indifferent MX-5s out there so sure there’s a one out there with your name on it that doesn’t involve this monumental grief.

benz
    Free Member

Well I did ask for initial opinions and got that and a bit more – both an insight into myself and also of some STW’ers who obviously took the pulling wings off butterflies training completed during childhood into mature adulthood. Hey-ho.

One thing I did note during the conversation was the use of past rather than current tense.

For amusement, let’s see what happens next week.

benz
    Free Member

Anyone got a decent Exige they want to sell me 😉

thecaptain
    Free Member

Give me a couple of grand as deposit, I’ve got just what you want arriving next week/month/decade. Paypal gift ok?

PS what’s an exige?

franksinatra

let’s see what happens next week

Yep, you have already waited over a year to get nothing except another promise, what harm is there in waiting another week 🙄

funkrodent

OP you’re being taken for a ride. I know comparatively nothing about cars, but I do know a fair bit about human nature. Being a bit of a soft git myself I’ve been on the receiving end of similar behaviour myself (builders in my case). Fact is that broadly speaking, when confronted with decent, trusting people, there is a type of human that merely sees weakness that can be exploited. Sounds like this is the situation in which you find yourself. He knows he can fob you off and will continue to do so until you man up and sort it out..

Cougar

Random thought perhaps but,

If you really are dead set on this vapourware vehicle that it’s taken them a year to discover is actually ruined, or its hypothetical replacement for that matter, why don’t you just buy the smegger and get it to a local garage on a low loader?

Or to quote the immortal wisdom of Randal Graves: either you need to shit or get off the pot.

dibndab
    Free Member

Don’t know much about butterflies, but I do know that as the saying goes about death and taxes, the other near certainty in life is if you leave yourself open to being shafted- you will be shafted 😐

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

OP you’re being taken for a ride.

Not in his MX-5, tho.

letmetalktomark

OP you’re being taken for a ride.
    Not in his MX-5, tho.

😆

Drac

A fool and their money.

bruneep

For amusement, let’s see what happens next week

Have you been amused then?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Some say he died laughing 🙁

v666ern
    Free Member

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

😐

bruneep

update?

jamj1974

Thanks for not forgetting the Cookie Monster!

v666ern
    Free Member

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

bruneep

jamj1974

🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Still no updates…

hora
    Free Member

Got the reg? See if it’s currently insured?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Why doesn’t he get his money back?

Has the car sold?

Pick up the phone O.P!

v666ern
    Free Member

we need answers OP….

bruneep

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Anything?

v666ern
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/when-to-name-and-shame

c’mon OP this thread has been open for a month

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I haven’t even posted in this one and I want to know the outcome…

thenorthwind

No-one’s going to mention it on his tandem parachute jump thread then… ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

no news is good news

benz
    Free Member

Well…..

The potential replacement car came to nothing and more chasing had to be done.

On Tuesday agreement reached that monies would be refunded. Email sent with account details.

No monies received yet.

And yes, this is seller of 2 seat Japanese cars which aped the Lotus Elan.

Messages left.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 207 total)

The topic ‘Car dealer. Disorganised or flogged the car I put a deposit down on?’ is closed to new replies.