Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Canyon Nerve XC, Anthem X2
  • gooner69

So had my mind made up for a while on this
    http://www.canyon.com/_uk/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=2558

Have been looking forward to buying one maybe around March, when i spotted this
    http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/giant_anthem_x2.html

Now i know the wheelset is a bit low spec on the Anthem but other than that any reason not to go with the interest free/delayed payment option and order up?

I have ridden an Anthem x and loved it, but always thought the vfm on Canyon hard to beat, thought?

racefaceec90

i have never ridden a canyon.i did have an anthem x2 though (2010).would highly recommend them (and by the sounds of it,you liked riding one also 😉

fattatlasses
    Free Member

I’d go with the Anthem X, as you’ve ridden one and liked it. Based on past experiences, I’d not buy a bike that I hadn’t had a demo of – even if the spec and reviews look good.

FWIW, I have a 2010 Anthem X (amongst other bikes 🙂 ), and it’s such a fun and capable bike that it’s the one full-sus bike that I can’t see myself ever getting bored with.

The price that PedalOn are doing the X2 for is an absolute steal – go for it!

DT78
    Free Member

Vote for the anthem here too, love my x1. Save up and get a set of race wheels and keep the old set for training. (What I did)

GW
    Free Member

riden both and def much prefer anthems.

gooner69

Cool, pretty much decided on the Giant already but second opinions always helpful. Already have Crest rims on proII evo`s sitting new in the garage to go on there:)

nammynake
    Free Member

Canyon gets the thumbs up from me. I own a 2011 XC7, and it’s an excellent bike.

As regards not being able to test ride one…yes that is true, although I’ve never been convinced that a 2 minute pootle around the bike shop’s car park can really tell you if it’s a good bike or not. Fair point if you can get a proper 1hr+ off-road test ride though.

rainbow
    Free Member

Get the Giant Anthem and you will enjoy it, great bikes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Nerve XC, Anthem X2’ is closed to new replies.