Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 2,121 total)
  • Cannondale Trigger? Bargain
  • Thrustyjust
    Free Member

5ft 10 on a medium Jekyll. I was worried about standover height with a high bottom bracket and a 33 inside leg if I went large. Happy with the medium.

hammerite
    Free Member

Thanks Eddie & Thrusty

parkesie
    Free Member

Ill report back with pictures when mine arrives.

rascal
    Free Member

I’m 6′ – 6′ 1″ and went for a large Trigger 4 27.5 – hoping Mr TNT delivery man has a present for me tomorrow 😛

On a different note, any Trigger owners out there?
    I want to put my non-Stealth Reverb on it – the guy at Paul’s says there are no hose guys as the hose is ‘semi internal’ as it goes through the frame and pops out somewhere in the seat tube….will a ‘normal’* length Reverb be ok? Obviously it’ll need an unavoidable certain amount of hose/lever dismantling to feed it through – anyone done this?

*Realise I need to measure hose 😕

slimjim78
    Free Member

Looking forward to pics Rascal, I’m still quivering over a large 4, I’m playing chicken with the stock levels

rascal
    Free Member

They had 20 when I called them yesterday morning – not sure if that was 20 large or 20 in total though so that doesn’t help you much…I saw then thread Sat evening for 1st time – ermed and arrghed quite excitedly and was on the blower at bang on 10am when they opened yesterday – I wouldn’t hang around for too long!

scotjohn
    Free Member

Ordered a medium last night, dispatched today, hope to hell it fits her! Big question is, should I splash on the Trigger 2 for myself…?!

rascal
    Free Member

scotjohn – do you really need to ask?
    If the better half has a new bicyclette then obviously you should too 😉

Jason
    Free Member

I also bought a Trigger from Paul’s over the weekend. I had been tempted by a Trigger and a Lefty for some time, and the price seems great for the spec. I am 6 foot and went for a large carbon 2. Now just waiting for TNT to deliver it – And then I need to sell some bikes to justify buying it….

I will change it to 1×10 straight away, but other than that it will stay as it is for a while. Although already thinking about wheel upgrades as I have a spare set of 650b rims in the loft, and I am not sure on the weight/quality of the Crossrocs?

Jason
    Free Member

scotjohn, that was part of the reason I bought mine, as my wife had just got herself a new bike. So it was only fair I has a bit of an upgrade too.

slimjim78
    Free Member

The carbon 2 looks great for the money. I really want the lefty and carbon frame but don’t want to splash nearly 2k for it, even though it’s a good deal.
    The alloy 4 at £999 psychologically seems cheap enough to stick on a credit card and absorb the hit.. But after I’ve fitted a dropper.. I’m already at alloy 3 pricing.. Then only a few hundred from carbon/lefty territory.. Argh!

I simply can’t make my mind up on whether not stretching for the carbon will drive me mad or not.
    What I really need are a few of you brave buyers to hurry up and feedback just how amazing these things are to ride…

hammerite
    Free Member

Similar position Jason, I really need to shift a bike to justify this, as I’m not doing a huge amount of riding at the moment. The deals seem too good to miss out on.

Regretting going out and buying a new TV on Saturday now! I wouldn’t be hesitating if I’d not bought that.

parkesie
    Free Member

Carbon out for delivery today 🙂

rascal
    Free Member

I want to put my non-Stealth Reverb on it – the guy at Paul’s says there are no hose guys as the hose is ‘semi internal’ as it goes through the frame and pops out somewhere in the seat tube….will a ‘normal’* length Reverb be ok? Obviously it’ll need an unavoidable certain amount of hose/lever dismantling to feed it through – anyone done this?

Anyone?

AlexSimon

incorrect info deleted

simon_g

So confused over sizing – was going to go for large but frame reach is the same on medium as my current (large/19″) Stache.

I’m 5’11 and averagely proportioned, which should I go for?

Jason
    Free Member

If I get mine today I will confirm, but from what I have seen the dropper cable runs externally underneath the down tube, and then enters a hole at the base of the seat tube. From there it runs internally to the base of the seatpost. So I am not sure how you would make a non-stealth reverb fit any of the internal routing?

It is shown here:
    http://media.cannondale.com/media/uploads/manuals/014_Can_OMS_130728_Trigger_en.pdf

slimjim78
    Free Member

nice link Jason.

Does anyone know if its possible to mount the gash looking travel adj. lever on the LH underside of bar, a la Reverb lockout?

core

Ermahgerd, what have you done. Having thought my FS itch had gone, and settled on my current crop of (hardtail/rigid) bikes, I now find myself thinking £1000 is bugger all on that sort of bike (same as a Calibre Bossnut ffs), credit card could stick it, I could flog one bike, or two.

Or, I could sell them all, blow the lot and get the carbon 2 with the lefty, what a lovely bloody bike.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I have lost my mind and ordered a Jekyll 4.

rascal
    Free Member

Jason – you’re right – it does go under the down tube and enters the frame at the bottom of the seat tube.
    Hopefully there’s an exit hole at the top where the hose comes out – otherwise its Stealth only – arse.
    Seems quite a long messy way of doing it considering it’s right in the firing line of loose rock strikes.

Might buy some stick-on hose guides and run it under the top tube…hopefully it’ll be there when I arrive home tonight so can assess then.

STATO
    Free Member

Hopefully there’s an exit hole at the top where the hose comes out – otherwise its Stealth only – arse.
    Seems quite a long messy way of doing it considering it’s right in the firing line of loose rock strikes.

Why would there be a hole out of the seat tube after it had gone in!?

Its a perfectly sensible place, plently of people running cables and hoses there with not issue.

Just run the external reverb along the down tube and then route up along the side of the shock and inside the linkage. I do that routing on my DH and XC bike in the past, stops it sticking out in a big flappy mess like when people secure it tight to the top tube. If you get the curve of the routing right you dont end up with the hose coming outside the silhouette of the front triangle when post is compressed, so its actually more protected.

Something like this (not my pic/bike)

vs.

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

So what is a good lefty wheelset upgrade for the trigger2 carbon? The Mavics look alreet, but I do like a slightly wider rim. Saw a german site doing custom build DT Swiss sets with 240s front & back, about £450 with EX471 rims & competition spokes..

hammerite
    Free Member

Sorry more stupid questions from me…

Having first ruled out the Trigger in favour of the Jekyll and it’s longer travel sus. I’m now wondering how much difference 20mm will make. The bike I hired over the summer for DHing had 160mm of travel – hence looking at the Jekyll.

Would the Trigger (and it’s 20mm less travel) still be fine for someone who will be using the bike on local fairly tame trails weekly (Chicksands and Woburn), the odd day at a trail centre with maybe a couple of weeks each year in alpine bike parks/gentle off piste.

Sorry, bit clueless when it comes to FS.

Jason
    Free Member

Mine has just arrived.

There are a couple of (un-used) cable guides down the back of the seat tube. These are there to run an external cable, so down the back of the seat tube under the BB and up the down tube. It is fitted with a stealth that looks neater.

The wheels are fitted with tubes, but tubeless rims strips are fitted and valves are in the box.

Supplied with carbon cranks (which I wasn’t expecting).

I will post some pictures up this evening.

richardthird

Reverb: on the 29er here there’s no stealth routing but 2x cable clips for an external hose underneath the top tube.

notlocal
    Free Member

Slimjim,I’m using my travel adjust lever under the bar next to the left hand grip. My bike has no front shifter, so there’s space. It’s actually easier to use. Push forward to decrease travel with the thumb and release using the outside of the first finger.

FuzzyWuzzy

@hammerite have you read this review? http://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-reviews/long-term-review-2015-cannondale-trigger-carbon-2-27-5/ gave me confidence that I wouldn’t need anything more (inc. for the odd trip abroad). So unless you do really techy stuff or race enduro I’m not sure you’d need the Jekyll over the Trigger

I’m sat waiting for my Trigger to turn up, where are you TNT man!

slimjim78
    Free Member

Mine has just arrived.

Supplied with carbon cranks (which I wasn’t expecting).

I will post some pictures up this evening.

Yeah baby! Looking forward to the pics – the quality of which may well win Paul another sale (or not)

You should have a carbon riser fitted too on the Trigger 2? The others are alloy.

hammerite
    Free Member

Yeah I did read that FuzzyWuzzy, that’s one of the things that swayed me towards the Trigger (that and £350 difference!)

parkesie
    Free Member

Found this waiting for me when i got home.[/url]Untitled by chris, on Flickr}

parkesie
    Free Member

Pauls dont half pack a bike well.

[/url]Untitled by chris, on

[/url]Untitled by chris, on

[/url]Untitled by chris, on Flickr}

[/url]Untitled by chris, on Flickr}

New style caliper mount loosen them a few turns and off it pops.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Phwoar! XL?

withersea
    Free Member

Sobs…where is my new credit card I need to order a bike….

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Nice machine Parkesie. Just need to get rid of the dork disc on the rear wheel and good to go !!

parkesie
    Free Member

Its a xl as im on the tall side 🙂 its all ready to go ride now feels good riding up and down the road. Some shock fettling to do aswell.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

The Trigger is awesome. My 29 eats the miles up, really fancy trying the 27.5. That red colour though is much nicer than mine.

Jason
    Free Member

Looks like mine 🙂

Mine is a large.

Only difference I can spot on yours is the front disc hose is routed the correct way. Mine goes straight up the leg, but seems to work fine. You also have a red cable, all mine are black.

I need to switch some bits over from another bike (cranks, chain, cassette), remove the front mech, and tidy up the cables before I take it out for a spin.

Harry_the_Spider

It looks well in red and black.

parkesie
    Free Member

Thats a nice looking bike that Jason .

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 2,121 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trigger? Bargain’ is closed to new replies.