Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 2,121 total)
  • Cannondale Trigger? Bargain
  • FuzzyWuzzy

Mine arrived a couple of hours ago, seemed simple enough to set up – getting the dork disc off took me the longest time lol (could have done without the pedal warning stickers to, hate labels that don’t peel off easy!). Seems a bit OTT on cable length and I noticed if you turn the bars fully to the right when you return them to centre the rear brake hose and dropper cable get trapped and bulge out between the lefty leg and head tube but shouldn’t be an issue in use. Can’t wait to take it out for a spin tomorrow, hopefully I don’t see another 20 of them bombing about the local trails :p

parkesie
    Free Member

A good way to spot a singletracker

slimjim78
    Free Member

Jason, how’s it feel for length on first impressions? I don’t mind slack angles but I prefer a longer cockpit

rascal
    Free Member

Mine was waiting when I got home 😛
    Unpacked – bloody lovely!
    Took it for a spin around the close – the size is bang on.
    Initial thoughts are that it rolls quickly – not sure if that’s in my head as it’s a 27.5.
    Nice big wide bars – 760 and I’m used to 710mm.
    Shock and forks need setting up but dead pleased – especially as it was (only) a grand!
    Didn’t realise how much more substantial 1.5 headtibe is over 1.125 – huge!

A have a Reverb I want to put on but the hose is waaaaayyyyyy too short at 1.2m (guessing previous owner cut it down).
    Someone previously mentioned running the hose under the downtube but with 4 available cable guide slots already filled with 2 x mech cable, shock cable and rear brake I’m unsure what to do.
    I’d have to get a 2m hose and cut it down for this to work anyway.
    Anyone running a dropper as I guess you’ll have the same ‘problem’?

http://s959.photobucket.com/user/rascal011/library/?sort=3&page=1

slimjim78
    Free Member

Can’t see your pics!

How’s the weight?

Is there a cable taking up the internal routed grommet on RHS behind headtube? I figured the dropper post may route down there

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Wow! Parksie, ya sure must be a happy chappy!

Makes me almost want to try a Cannondale, I always fancied an ELO Lefty back in the day, they looked impressive when their paint schemes were funkadelik.
    8)

Jason
    Free Member

On the carbon frame the shock cable is run inside the down tube. Enters on the left side by the headtube and exits just below the shock. Is there a exit hole near the shock on yours?

Slimjim, I would say it is fairly long (which suits me) although I haven’t taken it for a spin yet.

core

What size frame for me then? 6ft tall, 32″ inside leg, long arms, currently on large mk2 soul and large mk2 scandal 29….

slimjim78
    Free Member

Agree with Jason, looks like routing is for external dropper hose, running inside the downtube, exiting on the seat tube just behind the shock. Then clipped in place on (currently) redundant hose guide on the seat tube then up and out between the pivot/rocker.

Kinda cool in a semi/internal set up way. Tricky to route a Reverb though, full bleed required?

hammerite
    Free Member

Order placed. Went for the Trigger 3 mainly as it comes with a dropper and double chainring rather than a triple. Probably should have gone for the 4 and bought a reverb and other bits, but I’m time poor at the moment to make any changes.

rascal
    Free Member

slimjim – just noticed that too and yes I think a full bleed in inevitable.
    I’m going to have to get a 2m hose and cut it down anyway.

Jason
    Free Member

Bike now partly taken apart. The chainset was really hard to remove, it took loads and loads of effort to get the 10mm bolt to budge, but it did in the end.

Spotted a missing cable tie, just below the dropper post entry point. Parkesie, worth checking yours as without it the dropper cable was rubbing on the swing arm.

The tyres go up easily without tubes, although they need sealant to fully seal. Currently allowed to work on it in the house as it is a new bike, but thought using sealant was pushing it!

core, you are the same size as me. I haven’t ridden the bike yet, but in the picture above the saddle rails are 72cm above the bb (same as my other bikes) and it seems about right for me. The dropper post could go up another 3cm in the frame, so I could fit on a medium frame, but prefer a slightly longer TT. I would have thought a large would be fine for you. Or wait a day or two and I will let you know once I have ridden it.

core

That’d be good please Jason.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

How long did standard delivery take?

Jason
    Free Member

I ordered mine on Saturday. Despatched on Monday, delivered Tuesday. That was standard delivery.

parkesie
    Free Member

Ordered sat night in the pub arrived tuesday. Im still sat looking at mine wondering where to ride it this weekend 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

They are a lot of bike for the money. The Lefty Max alone is getting on for a grand.

Order placed 😮

core

I was swaying towards the Carbon 2, but in reality I’d just be spending the extra for the bling factor, and long term the alu 4 with its traditional forks, hub etc is probably a better bet for me.

Even with a dropper purchase to add, the 4 will work out ~ £650 cheaper and be all the bike I need.

90% ready to press the order button, just need to decide what I’m gonna sell………. 😕

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Clicking the purchase button will force me to get my arse in gear and sell some bikes/stuff.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

What sort of weight are the Carbon 2’s coming in at?

woody2000

Desperately trying to avoid hitting buy on one of the 4s! How do they size up (just out of interest obviously!)? I’d normally ride a 16″/small frame & I’m 5’8″ on a good day. Ta

slimjim78
    Free Member

Core- totally agree with you until the point I realised the 4 has a triple set up. Not a fan of the chainset either, so the 3 or the carbon 2 are beginning to look more appealing to me, although want to go shimano over SRAM this time.

core

The chainset I could live with, 3×10 a bit meh, but not a huge cost to go 1 or 2×10 in a few weeks or months time/when something wears out or breaks.

I was thinking about the 3, particularly as it comes with the dropper but it’s all SRAM drivetrain, and magura brakes – I’d rather stay shimano.

Jason
    Free Member

The carbon 2 in large is about 12kg. My digital scales are a bit rubbish, but each time I weighed it gave a weight just under 12kg. That is with spds fitted, a single direct mount ring on the front, no front mech or shifter, and tubeless at the back (I haven’t taken the inner tube out at the front yet).

I am not sure what model the cranks actually are. They weigh about the same as a set of carbon X0 cranks I was going to fit, but the S1400 description implys X7 cranks. I guess they are some sort of SRAM OEM made up model. Seem pretty good whatever they are. I ended up using the original cranks as my other BB30 cranks didn’t fit due to the axle being too short.

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

Bah, price for the Carbon trigger 2 has gone up to 2k.. Still good value for money I suppose..

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I just got in before the price went up.

dbcooper
    Free Member

Someone mentioned back there that they ordered the 4 over the 3 as they didn’t like the spec of the 3. I have been looking at it too, its 279 more expensive and the real difference is:
    1) Sram x9/x7 20 speed over the 4’s shimano slx 30 speed.
    OK I prefer 20 speed, but so what really is the sram offering better than slx? I don’t think so.
    2) Formula brakes over SLX brakes. My past experience with magura was woeful and I like the slx a lot so I would rather have slx please.
    3) the provision of an x fusion hi-lo vs a normal seat post. For 160 you can get a reverb, which I would rather, or for 250 get a lev
    4) Black rather than blue. Yes the colour is better. I prefer the black.
    Comments? Better off getting the 4, who cares about the colour and upgrading what you want rather than getting a shit spec 3?

rascal
    Free Member

Someone mentioned back there that they ordered the 4 over the 3 as they didn’t like the spec of the 3. I have been looking at it too, its 279 more expensive and the real difference is:
    1) Sram x9/x7 20 speed over the 4’s shimano slx 30 speed.
    OK I prefer 20 speed, but so what really is the sram offering better than slx? I don’t think so.
    2) Formula brakes over SLX brakes. My past experience with magura was woeful and I like the slx a lot so I would rather have slx please.
    3) the provision of an x fusion hi-lo vs a normal seat post. For 160 you can get a reverb, which I would rather, or for 250 get a lev
    4) Black rather than blue. Yes the colour is better. I prefer the black.
    Comments? Better off getting the 4, who cares about the colour and upgrading what you want rather than getting a shit spec 3?

I went for the 4 as I didn’t want Sram & Magura.
    The shifters & rear mech is SLX, as are the brakes. The chain set and front mech is Deore.
    If you don’t want 3 rings it’s a cheap fix – I’ll go bash & Stinger as I have newish anyway.
    Fitting any dropper that’s non-Stealth will involve faffing as a bleed will be needed which is fine – I couldn’t not have a Reverb now I’m used to one.
    The blue is lovely in the flesh.
    Not played with the forks or (complicated looking) shock yet.

The 4 is a ridiculous amount of bike for A GRAND!
    Replace/modify as you go.
    Buy one before they all go or you’ll regret it!

aphex_2k
    Free Member
    rascal
    Free Member

Oz?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yup

slimjim78
    Free Member

Db/cooper – you make a compelling argument..

Shall I do it?.. Shall I buy a 4?…

scandal42
    Free Member

Clicking the purchase button will force me to get my arse in gear and sell some bikes/stuff.

Keep telling yourself that

Jason
    Free Member

Working from home today, so took the new bike out for a spin around the block at lunch time:

It seems great so far. First impressions are that it is definitely a bike with several personalities; works great as an xc bike (admittedly the HA is a bit slack for proper a proper xc bike). Then point it downhill and it seems to turn into a totally different machine. I had a few issues with the rear tyre burping air, not sure what caused it, but something isn’t quite right.

core

Large feel good then Jason?

Jason
    Free Member

Yes large is a great fit.

parkesie
    Free Member

Well i was massively over biked on my commute today 🙂 stock tyres dont like wet roots or slippery rock. Very much hard pack and dust tyres. The dual shock trick works well swapping between full bounce and small bounce for climbing. It reminds me alot of my 2005 prophet in the way it rides just a bit slacker with a stiffer back end.

turbo1397
    Free Member

I was going to take a punt on the trigger 2 carbon when it was 1799.. just noticed it went up 200 quid. How do these bikes size up? I’m 6ft 1″ with a 34″ inside leg. Currently ride a large asr5 which feels ‘slightly’ small..

parkesie
    Free Member

I’m 6’3″ 34 leg the seat post is an inch out of the frame and it’s spot on for me in xl

turbo1397
    Free Member

Yeh I was thinking an xl but there now all sold out

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 2,121 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trigger? Bargain’ is closed to new replies.