• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Can you delete your STW account?
  • big-chief-96
    Free Member

Just out of interest really. You can do it on Facebook and twitter but got looking last night and could find NOTHING on how to do it or is it one of those email the guys in charge jobs?

Not that I have any intention of but purely interested.

druidh
    Free Member

You mean have all your posts removed?

I doubt that’s possible – though there may be some tool for doing it.

It would make nonsense of a lot of threads though.

big-chief-96
    Free Member

Any form of deleting really, like deleting the name so Joe Bloggs in Wales can use it instead of me or stopping the name ever being used again or splitting it away from its email so another can be created etc.

bruneep

I doubt that’s possible – though there may be some tool for doing it.

druidh
    Free Member

I used to have another logon id – Onion. That’s now being used by someone else. I guess that might lead to some confusion 🙂

mrmo
    Free Member

anything is possible, it is afterall just a database, whether it could be done without causing problems….

big-chief-96
    Free Member

the idea came from the banning of elf on ‘silence for a tenner’ thread and all the post deleting that was going on. Got me thinking…

derekrides
    Free Member

It can be done for you, by the moderators, a guy had his account and all his posts removed on a yottie forum I frequent when he got threatened by Laser lawyers for talking about it detrimentally (it **** his knees when he was young).

andrewh
    Free Member

the banning of elf on ‘silence for a tenner’ thread

Didn’t know that. Hadn’t bothered reading that one, think I now have a sixth sense for which threads will just degenerate into slagging matches and tend to avoid them. I feel happier with the Stupid Headset Question, no animosity there, a happy little world.

andrewh
    Free Member

[EDIT] DP.

Tom
    Free Member

Deleting an account is not presented as an option. It’s right it’s just a database so things can be changed. We do occasionally do renames and changes of email address, etc. We might also ban you if you ask nicely. The problem comes with the associated deletion or attribution of otherwise-deleted posts en masse. For various reasons that’s often not practical or desirable. If you wish to close an account we normally recommend you simply don’t use it again.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Can you delete your STW account?’ is closed to new replies.