Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Calling all Clent riders
  • shanta
    Free Member

I live fairly local to Clent Hills (Redditch) and know there is some good trails up there, just never found them. Me and the other half sometimes go walking up there so have seen some bits and bobs plus i have youtubed it and seen footage of stuff but i dont where it all is, need someone with local knowledge please.

Thanks

rOcKeTdOg

Are there any decent trails in redditch?

shanta
    Free Member

Not that i know of, i usually trek over to Cannock or Wyre (loads in there i aint found as well).

z1ppy

You need to look harder in/around Redditch 😀 , I know it’ll never been wales, but there enough tracks and copses (not corpses) with cycle paths to join them to make a decent local loop.

z1ppy

back on subject, when the site get ‘better’, have a search for the clent duffers monday night rides.

shanta
    Free Member

Does Mark ? (works at Jag) ride with them?

z1ppy

Dunno if it the same Mark, as I’ve never actually ridden with them (just Mick on other rides a while back) but there is a Mark/Votchy , from nr to Reditch, who rides with them.
    The ride is advertised as open to all.

shanta
    Free Member

MickArms from Bromsgrove?

rOcKeTdOg

Yup

shanta
    Free Member

Reckon it is that mark then!

MicArms

Yep, Mark from Jaguar is Votchy. Also there’s Nige ( Bonesetter) who’s very local to Clent, ie he can’t ride anywhere else in case he gets lost.

Also have done a few loops around the ‘Ditch area, but mainly in the summer as the BW’s are clag’tastic in winter..

shanta
    Free Member

Ive just started back at Jag, whats Marks last name, i will go and see him.

I know Martin from Speeds as well.

MicArms

Watton. Shanta, If you fancy an early ride ride tomorrow over Clent I could be tempted..

shanta
    Free Member

Bugger, cant Mic got to take the motor for a service. We have met before! You gave me some cleat bolts and i picked’em up from your gaff, it was about 2 yrs ago though. just getting back into riding now over the last 6 months and, as i said, normally drag my ass over Cannock and ride the secret stuff with a group of lads but it would be nice to have something to ride nearer home so will definatley have to try and hook up. I might email Mark on Monday when im in the office.

Will be in touch Mic

Cheers 😆

shinsplints

Micarms in ‘another grooming’ shocker !

votchy
    Free Member

Shanta – Mark from Jag here, based at Whitley in Body Engineering if you want to come and have a chat, there’s a few of the clent duffers (TM) based in Redditch and Bromsgrove, can put some interesting local loops together up to 65km using bridleways and lanes. The duffers know prettty much everything at Clent, Lickeys and the wyre (well Mick does anyway :wink:)

shanta
    Free Member

Anyone over Clent Sunday?

Mantastic
    Free Member

Will be in the wyre Sunday, sometime about 10ish?

shanta
    Free Member

Need to gedt out over Clent to find the good stuff i keep finding on you tube.

Where is this…

timothecimmerian

I live in Redditch and we occasionally ride to Clent via the Lickeys and Wasley Hills in a 30+ mile loop. Once we’ve finished in Clent, the route back to Redditch takes in a bit more road than I’d like but we usually use that as an excuse to pop into a couple of pubs to “rehydrate”…

bullandbladder
    Free Member

I heard that the DH track in that vid may have been destroyed in the last week or so. Although I have yet to verify this for myself.

It would be a real shame if it has ‘cos someone put a LOT of work into it!

SidKillerest
    Free Member

bullandbladder… the DH tracks were all still there as of yesterday.
    Im sure the NT must know about them… probably just a matter of time before they are ripped up. Shame because as you say someone has put a lot of time in up there.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Calling all Clent riders’ is closed to new replies.