Viewing 12 posts - 161 through 172 (of 172 total)
  • Building rest into your training?
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Mol – was that attained using the same format as your 5k record?

mustard
    Free Member

glitchy bumby?

iDave
    Free Member

I’ve seen iDave eat cakes scones

Only 2. During a 3 hour ride. Possibly with cream and jam.

molgrips
    Free Member

No, there was no traffic and no ATM at Cwmcarn.

trickydisco
    Free Member

So TSY.. have you managed some rest yet?

Solo
    Free Member

have you managed some rest yet?

we’ll all rest in the end.

Sooner for some than others.

I’ve had a dull ache in the left side of my chest for a week, and I’m not currently active, I’m resting.
    🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m resting, I seem to have a cold. Although to be fair I do still want to go out.

Solo
    Free Member

Haven’t had a real cold for ages.

Get a bit snotty for a day or two and then its gone.
    If thats what it was.
    But its not how I use to suffer.
    You know, the pounding head, raw throat, completely blocked nose, etc.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

TSY is apparently going cold turkey on stw!

My money is on TSY not resting hence my challenge to him as i think he’ll find it impossible to rest properly. I’ve come to realise just how important and vital resting is.

My cold has gone so i can start training again! 🙂 Mol, if its just a head cold, you could exercise but just take it very easy. Interestingly, when i was ill (just a head cold) i was monitoring my hr and hrv levels…it said both were fine and i could still train as normal (if i wanted too) I rested for the bulk of my cold but it didn’t do me any harm to have a gentle ride after a few days (again, according to my hr and hrv).

molgrips
    Free Member

DG, I probably would go out but I’m off project for a while now which means I’m struggling to get a shedload of expenses and admin work done, clean the house, help with the kids etc etc. I probably won’t be healthy enough to enjoy a run since it’s hard on me, but I could murder a nice quiet three hour spin on the road bike. Anyone want to join me?

AndyP
    Free Member

Rest is good, I always have 1 day per week off. None of this active recovery stuff, just don’t touch a bike.

Although, I *can* see a lot of sense in Tops’ arguments that if you’re training for, say, 8 hours per week, that gives you 160 hours rest per week… 😉

iDave
    Free Member

Today I did 50 miles with numerous headwinds, all of them from the Arctic and now I will have a little siesta. Which I think counts as rest.

Viewing 12 posts - 161 through 172 (of 172 total)

The topic ‘Building rest into your training?’ is closed to new replies.