Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bristol – Leigh Woods Trails
  • woody74

Any news on when the new trail will open in Leigh Woods, has development started yet? Haven’t had a chance to check out if any digging has started yet

wallop

All complete (including skills area) in November I think, though I might be wrong.

cplater1
    Free Member

That’s the latest I heard through 1SW aswell. Clixbys aren’t giving out much info.

woody74

Cool thanks for the update guys

rondo101
    Free Member

Digging’s started & they’ve laid a few bits. As far as I can tell they’ve done D to E, G to H (teacups trail), H to I and about half of B to C (the half closest to C).

noteeth
    Free Member

I am awaiting F to G with trepidation… 😐

rondo101
    Free Member

Me too.

noteeth
    Free Member

I don’t have a problem with them building an all-weather ‘blue’ trail in Leigh Woods – but that being the case, I don’t see why it has to be routed over the interesting bits along the Rim Trail/Don’t Look Down, etc (if that is indeed the plan). Plenty of people enjoy that section as it is – and in both directions. Also, IMHO, what amounts to a directional metalled trail would be even more intrusive than the status quo! That bluff is lovely little spot in the woods – surely they could avoid it?

richc
    Free Member

If people don’t stop riding it I expect it going to be open a very very late.

I see people on it every time I head over there (at least 3 times a week)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bristol – Leigh Woods Trails’ is closed to new replies.