Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Roadie Content: Bolt-on tri bars – Advice needed for novice
  • Alek
    Free Member

Maybe wrong forum but here goes:

I am planning my local club 10m TT. Standard bike, so plan to fit bolt on TT bars, nothing expensive just to see if I take to it or not.

But there seems to be a few bar shape variations. Which of THESE is best for a novice like myself.

Think I would prefer to straight? Unfortunately I dont have the option to try first, hence the post. Cheers STW.

pushbikerider
    Free Member

I’d say the ‘J’ shape (middle pair) the flat one’s hold your wrist at a rather sharp angle which can get uncomfortable. You should find the slight angle to hold on to the most comfy for starters.
    Do get some practice in first though before you race on them as tri bars take a bit of getting used to.
    You might also want to try lowering your bars/going for a shorter stem/bringing your saddle forward as well to get a better position to use them – good luck!

Alek
    Free Member

Cheers for the advice. Much appreciated. Alek

Gordymac
    Free Member

Ek I’ve just bought some unos myself. Looked in to it and the straight and s bend ones look as though they would make your wrists over extend if you know what I mean. The unos surely give the most natural wrist position.

Once my ones arrive you are more than welcome to try them out.

Gordymac

Alek
    Free Member

Good man Gord. My mate Chris went for the same ones.

wayniac
    Free Member

Dead makes some great ones at low prices. Got loads of adjustability so you can get them setup just how you want.

smell_it
    Free Member
    Tiger6791

Middle

AdamT

I would also say the middle ones. I would also have a look on http://www.tririg.com as they had a pretty good article about extensions and setup. Here in fact http://www.tririg.com/articles.php?id=2011_05_20_Extension_Study

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Prefer S bend bars myself. Gives several hand positions and a better aero position than the J bend bars.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Roadie Content: Bolt-on tri bars – Advice needed for novice’ is closed to new replies.