Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • BNIB Royce Bottom Bracket… Whats it worth
  • Smuzzy
    Free Member

Sorry, I know, but I have just inherited a spanking new Royce Titanium Bottom Bracket, the lable says its 126mm Axle length, 1.37" x 24 T.P.I. English.

Heres a couple of pics

Has anybody any idea what it may be worth and the best place to try and flog it

Thanks chaps

Simon

br
    Free Member

what does it weigh?

Smuzzy
    Free Member

244g on the digital kitchen scales. that includes the Ti end bolts….. but not the tatty box 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

126mm

??

what bikes need this length ?

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Wide ones?

woodsman
    Free Member

Is it a 68 or 73mm shell does anyone know?

njee20
    Free Member

That's quite obviously been in a frame, so not really new is it!?

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Unfortunately it doesn't mention the shell width. Had no idea they still make them, but found their web site. it says this

Titanium Bottom Bracket Axle. All Royce Bottom Bracket Axles are machined from 6AI-4V Titanium. Our standard Spacer and Cups are manufactured from aerospace grade Aluminium and are clear anodised to prevent corrosion. Our bearings can be supplied with low friction track use seals or all weather seals. We offer a full 24 lengths of axle from 80 to 135mm with axles to fit shell widths from 38mm to 73mm. We can supply cups for English, Italian or French threads and English Fixed Cups are available for clamp-on front derailleurs.

Price £127.00 – Includes Axle, Bearings, Spacer and Cups.

Accessory items available include –
    Lockrings at £24.00 per pair

and the following choice of End Bolts:

Titanium – £30.00 pair
    Stainless Steel – £18.00 pair
    Aluminium – £15.00 pair

Mine comes with the lockrings and ti end bolts, It looks like they go bigger than 126mm also, I wonder if its for a SS or track bike?

Smuzzy
    Free Member

I was reliably told it had never been fitted, it has defo never had cranks attached, I think there is just a bit of crud/dust sticking the the grease in the threads on the cups, happy to supp[ly more pics if anyone's interested.

sc-xc

If only there was a forum for buying & selling stuff 😕

speaker2animals

I notice the box says "Pace 17" in pen. Would this fit with an RC200 BB shell.

P.S. Doesn't looked used to me. The lock rings look like they've been in something as there appears to be crud in the thread. But what little can be seen of the tapers and fixing bolts don't look like they've ever been in anything.
    IMHO

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Barry, I guess because I don't know what bike it would suit, I'm fishing for answers and an idea of value before I pick a suitable place to flog it.

woodsman
    Free Member

Smuzzy, if you push the loose lockring in toward the centre of the shell a far as it goes (seated), then measure the distance between the inner two faces of the lock rings, that will give the shell width. Make sure it's the inner face (that seats against the frame BB shell) and not the outer (that you put a 'c' spanner on)

I could be interested in it, depending on that dimension, although I wouldn't want to get your hopes up in achieving anything near those high prices you quoted. Also, unless it has red seals, it won't be any good for a mtb or road bike for that matter, it would need to go back to Royce and have the 'all weather seals' fitted.

It isn't for a stock bike, more custom IMO.

Jerome
    Free Member

Chap offered me a virtually new one for £50 howvere the axle length was wrong for my cranks.
    J.

carlosg
    Free Member

Have a post on retrobike , they'll probably bite your arm off for one of these bnib.

Edit: guy back in august last year wanted £85 for a 103mm axle one.

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Woodsman,

It looks like 73mm. The bearings have red seals.

I'll have a shot on retrobike , thanks guys.

I'm not after silly money for it, but its no use to me, just want a fair price and to see it go to some use rather than gathering dust in my garage for another 20 years.

woodsman
    Free Member

Smuzzy, I'm interested, mail me with a price, addy in profile.

ta

woodsman
    Free Member

Sold to me – now all I need is White Ind Eno cranks at 170mm…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘BNIB Royce Bottom Bracket… Whats it worth’ is closed to new replies.