Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 142 total)
  • Bit disappointed with my DX Jawbones
  • rOcKeTdOg

those clever Chinese haven’t solved the “steam up during a slow technical climb” problem at all 🙁 😉

otherwise they were great on their maiden voyage

jawbone Fakelys by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

speaker2animals

Yep same here, especially bad at traffic lights on the commute in this weather. M/C helmet visor anti fog on the way. Or Oakley nano clear or whatever it’s called. Just wince at the typical Oakley price.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg

woosh, right over the heads of some, never mind eh? 🙄

Houns

If you weren’t so over dressed you may not steam up ;0)

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I only have one set of eyes prefer to look after mine with proper lenses, jut ordered some prescription SH+ ones, good quality polarized interchangeable lenses

lipseal
    Free Member

Mine have been christend fogleys. Other than that can’t fault em at that price.

DT78
    Free Member

My real jawbones steam up as well….

clubber
    Free Member

funny it didn’t happen with my fake jawbones the other night. might have been too warm as it does happen with my genuine ones.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

another sucker for Oakley marketing hype on clearness under all conditions shocker.

brakes
    Free Member

I find that if I undo my top a bit my glasses don’t steam up as much.
    go figure.

fd3chris
    Free Member

It’s not the clear vision thing for me with real Oakleys , it’s the protection they offer and £10 Chinese ones will not offer that .

clubber
    Free Member

it might be true but it might not be. you can’t really back that statement up, can you …

any stwers fancy shooting a fakely lenses with a shotgun à la Oakley? I’d give up.one of my fake lenses.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I wonder why there are certain British standards for sunglasses, Oh Yes!

big_scot_nanny

rocketdog, love the post, love the responses even more! 😆

Kev

fd3chris
    Free Member

I doubt a large company like Oakley would make up a claim like that though, there are plenty of gun toting yanks who have probably tried it. ! Each to their own but I prefer the real thing .

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Real or fake, they all look tragic. Ok for a mid life crisis lifestyle though.

clubber
    Free Member

I don’t doubt that Oakley live up to their claims.

I just don’t think you can say that the fakes do or don’t. Threads on here suggeat that they do protect from UV. whether they stop shotgun pellets remains to be seen.

d45yth
    Free Member

You can’t beat a set of good old vented Radars!

clubber
    Free Member

which I also have 😉

brakes
    Free Member

A pair of genuine Oakleys saved my baby from a burning building.
    Could a fake pair from China do the same?

meehaja
    Free Member

My friend the Opthamologist gets Oakley’s at cost price. He is riding in DX Fauxleys.

Good enough for a man who knows is good enough for me.

Epic badger beard by the way!

lipseal
    Free Member

GlitterGary – Member
    Real or fake, they all look tragic. Ok for a mid life crisis lifestyle though.

Totally agree, that’s why I wear them and ride a mountain bike round Llandegla. Other mountain bike trails are available. 😉

ronjeremy
    Free Member

So for a tenner are they worth a punt?

fudge9202
    Free Member

I’ll take them off your hands if you don’t want them! 😉

clubber
    Free Member

reckon so.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Just out of interest, how many people on here have actually survived a shotgun blast to the face because they were wearing genuine Oakleys? (just because you LOOK like you’ve been shot in the face does not count)…

BTW, every pair of riding specs I’ve ever owned, including Oakley, steam up on me. It’s because I’m a fat git 😀

clubber
    Free Member

I think the point is that something hitting your eye very fast will be stopped by the lenses rather than suggesting you wear them into battle 🙂

tpbiker
    Free Member

I really like mine…don’t steam up and super comfy. Yes I’d rather have the genuine article, but not at 180 quid.

The protective qualities (from flying objects) of them don’t really bother me, given I don’t usually wear glasses its better than nothing. I do have a few concerns about the UV aspect however, so for now I’m just using them with the yellow lenses when its overcast..might treat myself to some genuine lenses at some point so my eyes don’t burn out…

clubber
    Free Member

genuine lenses don’t fit properly – see my thread.

the UV thing sounds very questionable too.

rOcKeTdOg

Houns
    If you weren’t so over dressed you may not steam up

It were cold out riding, you’ll know that of course…oh, wait 😉

Northwind

clubber – Member

the UV thing sounds very questionable too.

If you’ve got an LED torch and a road sign you can do a really imprecise test- they throw a lot of UV, and the signs are UV reactive.

Still, mentioned this in another thread but UV opacity isn’t really something you have to add to a polycarb lens, or so I’m told- rather it’s something that you sometimes have to work quite hard to remove. I’d be surprised if they don’t offer at least some protection

tommid
    Free Member

How long did it take for your DX jawbones to arrive, I’m 20 days and counting.

rOcKeTdOg

ordered 4th April, arrived today

superfli
    Free Member

Mine ordered on 4th as well. Still waiting….

higgo
    Free Member

the UV thing sounds very questionable

What are you questioning?
    That it is a basic property of polycarbonate to block UV?

Toasty

If you’ve got an LED torch and a road sign

Haven’t had a road sign since my student days sadly.

Lifer
    Free Member

higgo – Member
    “the UV thing sounds very questionable”

What are you questioning?
    That it is a basic property of polycarbonate to block UV?

Are you suggesting that manufacturers list inherent properties of the materials they use in their products as if they were special features?

takisawa2

This chap, having clearly been shot in the face, would not have the all apparent anger issues if he too had purchased the aforementioned eyewear.

jpeg by pten2106, on Flickr

gwaelod
    Free Member

Are you suggesting that manufacturers list inherent properties of the materials they use in their products as if they were special features?

er…I’m guessing you don’t work in marketing

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 142 total)

The topic ‘Bit disappointed with my DX Jawbones’ is closed to new replies.