Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bike Magazine Bible of Bike Test video reviews.
  • jimjam
    Free Member

I can’t quite put my finger on it but I find these cringe worthy.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWMgTHHAglw&list=PLEg7lC4yx0cELGs32lXD5EpPaquw2AAdw&index=7&spfreload=1[/video]

It’s nice to see someone creating some video content for mountain bikes, and they certainly have created quite a bit but maybe it’s the contrived “natural” settings or the fact that I’ve never met anyone who actually talks about bikes like that (having talked to a lot of people about bikes). Has anyone else seen these? What do you think?

Rorschach
    Free Member

I do quite like Seb Kemp though.Can’t remember who the other Brit is (not in this vid and has a slightly Americanized accent).

Dave
    Free Member

That’ll be Simon from Western Spirit…

roverpig

They are American (or Brits who’ve been over there long enough to become assimilated). That’s just how they talk 🙂 Sounds a bit weird to us, but then again I can watch Chipps unboxing stuff all day and I dare say our friends across the pond view those videos with a big dose of WTF.

jimjam
    Free Member

roverpig
    They are American (or Brits who’ve been over there long enough to become assimilated). That’s just how they talk

I don’t have any problem with their accents. I think it’s because they are acting, or pretending to have a debate, when really all they are doing is agreeing with each other. I’m not sure, it just seems….off.

roverpig

Sorry, I didn’t mean the accents either. They have a whole different approach to debates and banter etc, which takes time to get used to.

Rorschach
    Free Member

There’s an older one reviewing the Giant Glory where it’s just Seb going “it’s crap” and the other 2 saying “what he actually means is it is is good but” to be interrupted by Seb going “no,I mean it’s crap”.

ninfan
    Free Member

They have a whole different approach to debates and banter etc, which takes time to get used to.

This, compared with most of the Midwestern spams I know, that was a pretty major disagreement and Open airing of negative views, it’s like pulling teeth getting them to say something isn’t very good at all really.

I think it’s good to see people questioning stuff properly and not being afraid to veer from the party line

jimjam
    Free Member

ninfan

This, compared with most of the Midwestern spams I know, that was a pretty major disagreement and Open airing of negative views, it’s like pulling teeth getting them to say something isn’t very good at all really.

I think it’s good to see people questioning stuff properly and not being afraid to veer from the party line

I must be missing the major disagreements.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bike Magazine Bible of Bike Test video reviews.’ is closed to new replies.