Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Berlingo owners tips.
  • Ambrose

Calling all Citroen Bingobongo owners. Any tips you’d like to share?

FWIW I’ve lined the rear of my Multispace with a sheet of 4mm butyl rubber. I’ve also fitted a Lidaldi’s thermo-gauge thingummyjiggy. I routed the sensor wire externally, via the wing mirror mount and then within the wing itself.

Any more tips?

pedalhead
    Free Member

hi Ambrose. I can’t help with your question I’m afraid, but have one of my own please 🙂 Is the Berljngo Multispace big enough to sleep in the back, with the bike in there too? Cheers!

Blackhound

No Mark. I am about 5’9″ and not long enough for me. Good vehicles though, no problems with mine in 8+ years.

maccruiskeen

sleep in the back, with the bike in there too?

goddam preverts!

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Whats this thermo guage business?

DickBarton

Define sleeping? I spent many a night in mine, but slept in front passenger seat. Wasn’t comfy but I slept. Bike I’m boot. If I needed to lie down flat, then no…wouldn’t work. Im 6′ 1″.

kayak23

My tip would be, slow down for corners. They are not the strong point of the Blingo.. 😀

Pedalhead, you can certainly sleep in them depending on how far you want to go with it.
    Weekend before last I spent two nights in mine in Llangynog. I took out the two seats from the back but left the single in, I then made a platform along the floor out of thin plywood and softwood batens. At the end, I made a hinged section which flipped over onto spacers on the floor with the front drivers seat pushed forward.
    I used an Alpkit Dozer to sleep on, and had my bike next to me(nothing weird like) on the side with the single seat. It was great. I have heard of folk over 6 foot doing that, but luckily I’m a bit shorter so was very comfortable.

I’m currently fitting it out for a 3-week Euro road trip myself and two mates are making in the summer. It has to fit us three, our bikes, and camping kit. Going to be a squeeze but should be sweet.

The basic setup. Bikes go in with both wheels off, alternate ways and then wheel stack any which way by the grace of God.

Pull out ahem, kitchen table/card playing/beer table(It has a seperate support leg)

3 Bikes in…Just.

Bike and Blingo in perfect harmony… 😀

Blackhound

I was talking from leaving all seats in and lying down flat. Clearly options available if comfort and removing seats is an option.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Hi Kevin. Yep I wouldn’t really want to mess about with removing seats etc as I’d be using it with the children as well now & again. Sounds like I’m still deciding between an X-Trail and a Bongo then :-). Sorry for the hijack Ambrose!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Im 6 ft 3 an have no issues sleeping in the back of my partner van

But do make a platform – sleeping on the floor is cold !

I have mine insulated with space blanket and off the floor its plenty warm

IA

Is the Berljngo Multispace big enough to sleep in the back, with the bike in there too? Cheers!

new shape ones, yes. slide the passenger seat forward and there’s room for a single airbed, I’m 6’4″. (I generally have 2 seats out the back)

Old shape blingos are pants in comparison.

kayak23

Im 6 ft 3 an have no issues sleeping in the back of my partner van

But do make a platform – sleeping on the floor is cold !

Any pics Trail Rat? Can’t see how you’d do that without taking some back seats out…

trail_rat
    Free Member

You cant sleep in the boot ! You will need seats out for sure.

Thatd be like trying to sleep in a small cupboard !

pedalhead
    Free Member

new shape ones, yes. slide the passenger seat forward and there’s room for a single airbed, I’m 6’4″. (I generally have 2 seats out the back)

Old shape blingos are pants in comparison.

Could you fit the bike in there as well?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ill look for a pic . In my van 2 bikes plus sleeping is easy

IA

Could you fit the bike in there as well?

bikes go longways in new ones (with seats out).

pedalhead
    Free Member

Are the seats quick release? Looks that way from pics I’ve seen.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Old ones are not . In a course just now bored . Will send you a mail later mark

pedalhead
    Free Member

cheers matey. Prob looking at newer shape though if it comes to it.

IA

yeah, seats in new ones just click out, dead easy. New ones are also a totally different chassis, drive loads better. Go round corners and everything!

pedalhead
    Free Member

hmm sounds like it’s worth a closer look. Will pop down to the local dealer sometime & proceed to take apart one of their cars & lie down in the back

IA

hmm sounds like it’s worth a closer look. Will pop down to the local dealer sometime & proceed to take apart one of their cars & lie down in the back

Took my bikes to the dealer when I got mine, he even gave me a hand working out the best way to load them etc. 3 bikes, 3 people, wheels all on, is dead easy with 2 seats out. Even my massive 22″ odd 29er etc.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Took my bikes to the dealer when I got mine, he even gave me a hand working out the best way to load them etc. 3 bikes, 3 people, wheels all on, is dead easy with 2 seats out. Even my massive 22″ odd 29er etc.

Might clean the mud off mine first I suppose :-). I’ve heard the Berlingo isn’t exactly the quickest thing in the world. I’m not expecting miracles but is it frustratingly slow?

IA

The 75hp petrol is, I’ve a 90 diesel which is fine, pulls a lot better. By the time it’s got 3 folk, bikes and kit in, it barely notices the weight and is better than my old 1.8 petrol mondeo was with the same load.

This pic might help:

That’s an XL trance, another 2 bikes fit in that way too.

slugwash
    Free Member

I’ve just come across this on the UKClimbing Forums. Inspirational stuff – I might have to see what I can do with the family Kangoo when I get home this evening…..

Berlingo Camper Van Conversion

UKC Forum – Berlingo Micro Camper for Sale

(Not Mine BTW)

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Mine is at 95k and I’m fitting a refurbed torsion beam assembly to the rear end. It comes with grease nipples fitted for the torsion arm bearings and is guaranteed for life.

totalshell

if berlingos light your fire these guys are the dogs they know it inside out etc etc http://www.amdro.co.uk/jump.php very neat simple and cheap (ish)

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

You need to ask OrangeCrush! I’ve never seen as much stuff in the back of a small van. (including an Orange Crush & a Honda 50, (or something similar)

db

I have 59plate multispace

Decathlon do a double 1.2m wide inflatable mattress which just fits with the rear seats out and front seats forward but on my own I normally use a alkit fat airbed. I have also fitted a Fiamma roll out awning to the roof bars which gives me somewhere to cook.

Mine is a 90bhp diesel and I’m ashamed to say I picked up a few points for speeding on the motorway so sitting well above 70 is easy.
    Plus it has towed a trailer with 2 canoes and had a full load in the car + 4 people plus another canoe and 2 bikes on the roof – was a little slow up hill but it managed.

In terms of MPG I only get about 40 but I do have a heavy foot (ok its actually a company car which I thrash) so I don’t consider that too bad.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Right

When i bought mine i was told by a mech mate – youll get to 60k with nae issues then itll start falling apart.

Since 60k –

New alternator

New idle control solenoid

Couple of relays

Snapped springs upfront

Arb links

Heater matrix

Window mechanism

All dash lights at once

It also uses alot more brake pads than ive ever used in any other car including a fiesta that i took from 90k to 200k on only one set. Ive gone through 3 sets in 30k.

But its great!

IA

I have also fitted a Fiamma roll out awning

Pics? Pretty jealous of this, always fancied one for some cover at events etc.

kayak23

Pretty cool, the back of that Blingo on the Climbing forum, but he’d be picking knives(and a spoon..) out of the back of his head for days in a head-on… 😯

I have also fitted a Fiamma roll out awning

+1 for Pics…
    I have the genuine Citroen roofbars and they are carp! Tried to put my two kayaks on the roof and one of the feet keeps popping off all the time. Can’t put any faith in it.
    Sadly I don’t have roofrails on mine to which I could fit better cross-bars.

db

3 pics here…
    https://picasaweb.google.com/dunc.r.brown/May162012?authuser=0&feat=directlink

The awning clamps to the roof bars. There is a large gap which lets a bit of wind and rain in but have used it for a while and don’t find it too bad.

db

Roof bars are http://www.aiko-design.co.uk/

Very good and solid but whistle if not loaded! 2min job to unbolt

skywalker
    Free Member

I had a Berlingo, the best tip I could give you is sell it, they are **** crap.

IA

Nice awning, how quick can you get it up? (so to speak… 😉

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Ohh nice awning!

I am about to get the partner version and no need an awning 😆

kayak23

Very nice awning, liking the surround too. I’m sure that gap could be sorted with a bit of velcro strip and a piece of tarp.

db

Getting it up is dead quick. Just unrolls and the legs slide out.

BUT awning is not cheap…
    http://www.fiammastore.com/Motorhome-Awnings-by-Fiamma/Fiamma-F35-Pro-Minivan-and-4×4–Awning

There are cheaper options if you search on line with just tarp and poles but nothing beats the Fiamma for speed and simplicity. Do not even need to guy it on calm days.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Berlingo owners tips.’ is closed to new replies.