• This topic has 23 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • BBC Sports Website Redeisgn
  • whatnobeer
    Free Member

What do we think? Cant say I’m a fan at the moment. I know change always takes a while to get used to, but I’m not seeing too many redeeming features at the moment.

To me, its too bright, the top navigation bar changes colour for no good reason, the content isnt easy to scan read and the layout on long articles makes me think ‘wtf’.

Anyone like it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport

spacemonkey

Not a fan of the hard angled flavour that’s doing the rounds at the moment (a la Google, You Tube and now the Beeb).

meddle
    Free Member

I like Youtube’s new design, not a fan of the Beeb’s though. I really can’t see it growing on me it’s a bit rubbish.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh my dear, that’s awful.

Stoner
    Free Member

bit “ITV1” isnt it?

OmarLittle
    Free Member

The colours make it look pretty cheap and lowrent. Reminds me a bit of the shit “custom” myspace pages that people used to have (which would end up crashing your browser due to the terrible coding)

portlyone

Noticed it had changed. Wasn’t a big fan of the last version but I use the BBC for facts not pizazz.

cp

awful. looks a mess, stuff scattered all over the place.

andytherocketeer

ewww mostly @ colours, but also a bit jumbled up, and not so keen on headlines down the middle.

Seems to be football, football, football, lastest football and football results, by default. Oh with a tiny cricket vid at the top. Unless you scroll down to the 2nd half.

I blimmin’ hate football 👿 so that better change.

edit: oh and major WTF @ the mouseover menu colour change at the top!

wwaswas

I think we really have to focus on what’s important here.

“Redesign” is spelt incorrectly in the thread title.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Bollocks, sometimes by hands move quicker than my spelling can cope with 🙁

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Bollocks, sometimes by hands move quicker than my spelling can cope with

😆 Was that for effect??? – still time for a cheeky edit 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

gah! that colour change banner is giving me epilepsy!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Was that for effect??? – still time for a cheeky edit

Erm… yes, yes it was…. Cheeky edits dont work when you’ve been quoted!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

There’s too much cricket on there for my liking. Apart from that, nowt much to worry about. It’s just gone from ‘red’ to ‘yellow.’

bristolbiker
    Free Member

…. I thought so! 😆

andytherocketeer

There’s too much cricket on there for my liking

huh? it’s 99% football. oh there’s still the cricket vid top right.

Front page for me today:
    football, football and boxing as top 3 stories (fair enough about the top one)
    Headlines are: football, football, football, football, football, football, formula 1, football, England (football), rugby union.
    Plus of course the scores and results and fixtures, which are all football.
    Failing to see much cricket!

Thought I’d got the football tab selected by mistake, but nope, it’s definitely “home”.

I guess there’s no other sport happening or scheduled at the moment? No Rugby Union? No 6 nations? 😕

oh well… i’m sure there’s other websites.

/rant

jp-t853

Stoner – Member

bit “ITV1” isnt it?

I think it is the same design team. They certainly made the mess that is the BBC Homepage

Caher

Too eye catching for wandering management to see i am loafing.

DezB
    Free Member

Headlines are: football, football, football, football, football, football, formula 1, football, England (football), rugby union.

Looks alright. At least the Angelo Dundee tribute is the top story. Which is not football. (So you probably haven’t heard of him 😉 )

chakaping
    Free Member

Maybe needs more news headlines above the fold, although with the amount of video content they put out you can understand why they’d want to promote it.

What do people think? Do you prefer to read a story that watch a vid when online?

tails
    Free Member

i think it’s okay, the yellow is a bit bright.

I like that I can get the latest scores, results, league positions of every major league easily, I would like it to auto update as opposed to me pressing update.

I’m already used to the main homepage redesign.

chakaping
    Free Member

I think the yellow video play icons on the little promo pics are really distracting, they make it hard ot focus on what the actual content is.

MSP

Its horrible, and also why oh why are websites still being designed for the 4:3 format. I can understand it here, a small company like singletrack lagging behind a bit, but surely the BBC could go widescreen.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘BBC Sports Website Redeisgn’ is closed to new replies.