Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Baggy's or Tights ?
  • 1kcove
    Free Member

What would you recommend for winter riding Baggy’s or Tight’s (please no pictures)?

Simon

Baggy shorts AND tights FTW!

Northwind

Just baggies for me. Though I wear kneepads pretty much all the time which don’t work too well with tights (and also keep my knees warm)

valleydaddy
    Free Member

just tights for me baggies just get too soggy

or 3/4’s and long merino socks

cubemeup
    Free Member

valleydaddy i bet u look so pretty in tights!! lol

jedi

baggies or denim brown s strides for the win 😉

mc2
    Free Member

Was going to head out tomorrow in 3/4’s and tights…….snow still falling!

hoochylala
    Free Member

3/4 tights with baggies over the top!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

too right Chris you know you luvs it 😉

sunchaser
    Free Member

Tights. Baggies are just fashion.

aP
    Free Member

Baggy’s what?

pixelmix
    Free Member

I’m wearing 3/4 tights with baggies on top this winter. Nice and toasty, and you get an extra layer to keep the spray off your tights. Slightly more socially acceptable too!

I was out in my waterproof riding trousers today, but only because the above combo was in the wash. I find trousers are too warm unless you are standing around a lot.

scaredypants

tights with waterproof shorts (cut-off army goretex) on top

juiced
    Free Member

jeans or waterproof trousers.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

3/4 length baggy shorts. i’m yet to get cold legs, and as such have never worn the thermal tights i’ve had for the last 6 years…

OmarLittle
    Free Member

tights or 3/4s with baggies on top. The only time i’ve worn tights on their own when on the mtb (rather than road) i ended up falling off and tearing an arse flap in them 🙁

Ambrose

Nightrides at the moment- tights, perhaps with Ron Hills over the top. If REALLY cold, pads too. Dayrides- Tights or Ron Hills with shorts over the top.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Baggies with liner and ronhills underneath. I find that if i leve my shins exposed my feet get cold, and always think what would happen if I came off, would you rather be stranded in shirts in -5 or shorts and leggings?

_tom_
    Free Member

Baggies with pads to keep your knees warm. Me in tights would be a hideous sight.

jhw
    Free Member

baggy shorts over tights obvs

Junkyard
    Free Member

tights because I am worth it.
    baggies are for summer
    FWIW I could cycle in my lycra shorts in winter if I wanted to but I would not fancy fixing a puncture in them

Edric64
    Free Member

Baggy shorts over tights looks plain daft .I saw a bloke on a road bike dressed like it and that looked even worse.What’s wrong with just tights on their own ? or is it a self conscious thing?

scotabroad

tights winter, baggies summer

TimS
    Free Member

Tights 8)

simondbarnes

Tights

donsimon
    Free Member

Tights.

brad0612
    Free Member

Baggieessss 😀

sam42
    Free Member

Baggies over tights these days, even though it’s like short-sleave shirts over long sleave shirts….

ampthill

44 year old and a bit bald

tights (full length bib longs)

13 year old son, lots of hair

bagies over tights

go figure….

Jamie
    Free Member

Baggy shorts over tights looks plain daft .I saw a bloke on a road bike dressed like it and that looked even worse.What’s wrong with just tights on their own ? or is it a self conscious thing?

I use Endura leg warmers, so I can take them off once/if I warm up, which I guess looks like I am wearing baggies over tights.

mrmo
    Free Member

i have started wearing waterproof shorts over tights, i can’t stand a soggy shammy. They look stupid and i would never wear anything other than tights on the road, but offroad it does make sense.

Amos
    Free Member

balding
    tights with Baggies keep inhaler in pocket of baggies saves showing my lycra clad ass to the world!

Go figure?

EDIT: Just started playing bass guitar sooooo the baggies over tights could be another sign of an early mid life crisis…..

rp16v
    Free Member

baggy’s over tights for me not concios just very family oriontated routes so only fair.

crazy-legs

Tights.

mcinnes
    Free Member

Baggies on top of tights. Tights on their own is horrific. Fundamentally wrong. Filthily XC weight weenie whippety ‘lets ride up steep hills for 24 hours through the night’ wrong. In my opinion 🙂

doom_mountain

Baggies over tights or 3/4s, think they look alright.
    Baggies are a bit tougher for when I’m bumsliding down the trail.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Either tights with baggies or baggies with leg warmers 🙂

However…… I went out on the HT today without baggies, just tights, with a mate. Yes it was horrible, I just plain forgot to put them on and by the time I had realised it was too late 😳 Never again!

crikey
    Free Member

THe only reason I wear baggies over tights is to stop my tights getting knacked in the mud.

Surfr
    Free Member

Baggies over 3/4 bib tights to keep the worst of the crap from soaking through the lycra and for added stowage opertunities (finally shed the horrible camelback in favour of a small saddle bag and bottles (spot the roadie convert))

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Off road – baggies over tights – feels wrong been on the MTB without baggies – and they help keep some of the spray off and my tights in good nick
    On road just tights – don’t like thinks flapping about – fortunately don’t suffer from body dysmorphia

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Baggy's or Tights ?’ is closed to new replies.