• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by br.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Avid bleed kit with Formula R1 brakes?
  • smurf
    Free Member

I believe you can use an Avid bleed kit with formula brakes. Anyone able to confirm if this is the case?

I need to either trim the brake hoses on a set of R1 brakes (or swap the hoses for some braided ones that are the right length) and will need to bleed the brakes afterwards.

Any tips for bleeding formula brakes?

smurf

Warrenpfo
    Free Member

Yes i use the avid bleed kit for my "The ones" works fine.

smurf
    Free Member

thanks for the feedback

alexpalacefan

Avid bleed kit for Formula Oros here.

APF
    This thread tells you all you need to know.

A

paultm
    Free Member

I've got a set of R1s and an Avid bleed kit.

Like the guys above say the Avid kit works, but the one thing to watch is that the knurled brass bit is too big diameter and catches on the lever. I filed it off one end and this work, but if you haven't bought a kit the 'fake' Avid ones on ebay don't have the knurled bit.

smurf
    Free Member

Thanks for the input guys. I've done a few bleeds of my avids (took me ages to diagnose a poorly cut new hose on the master cylinder as the reason for there being no pressure – fluid kept leaking out but v v slowly).

I've measured up this evening and I'm going to have to use the existing hoses as the ones supplied with the brakes aren't anywhere near long enough.

Cracking instructions by the way!

smurf

br
    Free Member

I've measured up this evening and I'm going to have to use the existing hoses as the ones supplied with the brakes aren't anywhere near long enough.

£400 and they come with short hoses? ❓

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Avid bleed kit with Formula R1 brakes?’ is closed to new replies.