Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Attach lightboard to rear mounted rack – how?
  • technicallyinept
    Free Member

Right, got some electrics sorted and bought a cheap plastic light board.

How the hell do I attach it to the arms of my bike rack?

The board is made of hollow extruded plastic so it’ll be easy enough to get some holes through it.

I don’t really want to just try strapping it to the bike (aren’t then mean to be fixed to the rack by law anyway), relying on the light fittings to (hopefully) keep the straps in place.

Does anyone has a similar cheap affair and, if so, how do you secure the lightboard?

Not looking to spend much on bits, otherwise I may just as well fork out on a Pendle or Thule board.

molgrips
    Free Member

My dad used toe-straps (remember those?) to loop them onto the prongs of the rack.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I used toe clip straps as well but i tied them around the bike rather than the carrier.

molgrips
    Free Member

Jolly useful things, toe straps.

CountZero

Toe straps, attached to the bike. Buy two pairs, hole at each corner of the board, job’s a good ‘un.

carlos
    Free Member

Bungee straps work well too

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Thanks chaps. I don’t have any toe straps but have some webbing straps from Clas Ohlsen.

I was hoping someone had a cunning plan for permanently fixing 2 loops to the board so it could hang off the prongs on the rack then use straps just to stop it swinging about.

carlos
    Free Member

Drill 2x holes, pass rope (say 8mm from B&Q) through and tie off in figure 8 to make 2x permanent loops and you know the rest

andymonty
    Free Member
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Attach lightboard to rear mounted rack – how?’ is closed to new replies.