Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Arms out on their commute yet?
  • s
    Free Member

The sun is out here at the mo, tempted to reveal the arms tonight at last!

Anyone beat me yet & if so by how long?

Finished work at 1:00pm.
    Took the long way home via the Wyre Forest.
    Got a bit warm on the climbs.
    Took my long sleeve jersey off about 2:30pm. First time this year.
    Last Sunday was this years first ride in shorts too.

13thfloormonk

No, I’ve dared to bare the lower half of my calf though, and have ditched the overshoes a couple of times.

My tan lines from last year might just make it through to this year, will be a first!

slugwash
    Free Member

If rolled up sleeves count then according to my Flickr ‘archive’ my lily white arms had contact with ‘sunlight’ on the 2nd of February….

http://www.flickr.com/groups/pandaportraits/pool/

hillsplease

I’ve managed summer gloves.
    [*] But it is Manchester and mostly night riding for one reason and another.
    Thus far no naked pasty flesh, but feeling cautiously optimistic about tomorrow.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I finished work at 13:30 and though it would be T shirt time. It wasn’t – it was only 9 deg C which at 20mph feels a bit nasty.

Then I fell off my bike through getting stuck in my SPD at a stop. Right knee into the tarmac. Bastado.

Gary_M
    Free Member

No chance, might hoist the knee warmers up an inch on the ride home.

bigyinn
    Free Member

slugwash, you look ill mate.

slugwash
    Free Member

slugwash, you look ill mate

Cheers! I probably was. Since becoming a one car family I’ve got very little choice but to cycle the seven hilly miles into work when I feel grotty if the missus is out and about in the motor.

I could have got myself ill though through the sheer foolhardiness of riding around with my arms exposed in February 😉

samuri
    Free Member

eh? Are you lads on crack?

frosty by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

I’ve been leaving the house at 6 in the morning in a lightweight shirt with the sleeves rolled up, it’s not cold!

bigmatt
    Free Member

I went with short sleeves for last Monday’s commute (and since). The weather has been glorious this week. Shorts all winter though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Arms out on their commute yet?’ is closed to new replies.