Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Are superstar bottom brackets any good?
  • 888trojan888
    Free Member

Has anyone had an experience of the above thanks

kimbers

NigE5
    Free Member

Ceramic lasted 3 months(in the summer), that was 3 years a go. Not tried them since!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bar’s open, everyone!

lipseal
    Free Member

I’ll have pork scratchings and half a bitter please.

DaddyJim
    Free Member

Probably contrary to other peoples experiences, my Superstar BB was fine, just packed it with good quality grease when I got it, lasted 2 years of 2-3 times a week single speed abuse.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Does this look like the sort of place that serves halves?

Have a pint! (Unless you’re driving, in which case a half is allowed, but no more)

I’ve got a Ringwood 49er on the go if that’s OK.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Mine did 12 months getting used about once or twice a week.

When it failed, it failed suddenly and catastrophically and I had a long walk home.

I now run a Hope stainless…

ciderinsport
    Free Member

But now they have new ones….. 😯

dan1980
    Free Member

I replaced a deore HTII with a new superstar one in shiny red after the shimano gave up after 6 months of finest peak grit (Full on lockup!). My thoughts so far:

Seemed good quality out the box, but anodising not up to much (some came off just giving the caps a tighten into the frame)
    It felt a comparable weight to the deore one I removed, but I didn’t weigh it.
    Better sealing between plastic tube and bearings than deore version it replaced.
    Cranks seem to run very smoothly in it (better than deore).
    Changing the bearings looks to be a doddle, but will need some kind of press to make sure they go in straight.
    It’s latested several rides so far 😉

For the price I’m happy, and if I get 6 months out of the bearings, at least I can change them easily enough and start again.

glenh
    Free Member

Mine’s been fine for about 2 years now.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

We’re gonna need biscuits

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Biscuits? We’ve already got pork scratchings!

Neil-F
    Free Member

I replaced a Shimano one about 4 weeks ago, got me a gold anodised SS one. Only been out twice, but its not creaking like a creaky creaker, so I can only say its brilliant so far! 😆

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Are superstar bottom brackets any good?’ is closed to new replies.