Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Anyone work for that big Derby based company?
  • Pook

If so, i’ve just started and wouldn’t mind hearing about any local biking 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

Which one? I can think of several?

nbt

I hear they make very fine motor vehicles 😉

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Not Toyota then.

Anywhere towards Manchester from about Belper onwards

longstuff
    Free Member

If it is Toyota, then head towards Foremark reservoir. There is some riding starting at Ticknall.
    The mag covered the route a while back.
    Its not exactly the dark peak but its ok

Mark b

doodlebug
    Free Member

Anything from Belper onwards…..

Group meet for night ride at half past six at The John Thompson on a Monday night

http://www.johnthompsoninn.com/home

Other rides at other times with various people

Onzadog
    Free Member

Rolls royce? Bombardier? Both said to make fine vehicles (rightly or wrongly)

stumpy01

JCB?

iain1775
    Free Member

which one Pook, there are several (and several of them have several sites)
    Toyota, Bombardier, Rolls Royce etc?
    Im in Derby happy to fire some local routes (memory map) across if you want – if you let me know where your based I can advise on how to get straight out on the bike from your workplace, Derby is pretty well served by Sustrans routes and bridleways to link to decent enough blasts around Ticknall, Belper, Foremark, Kedleston, Osmaaston Park etc

Pook

RR, down on Moor Lane site

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

If you’re looking to work for them and will be moving down then move (to the) North of Derby and commute downwards. You’ll then be closer to the better riding (Belper upwards).

(Since I moved to Belper I’ve barely taken any road trips with the bike as there’s a load of off piste trails to discover)

Pook

I’ll be staying in Sheffield and commuting. Can’t be too far away from the trail gold round here – but I was thinking for post work rides of an evening. I know some of Ambergate but anything else I should be aware of?

fontmoss
    Free Member

i’m in derby itself but maybe we should move to belper..

iain1775
    Free Member

Pook from Moor Lane its a very short road blast round the Royce site onto Victory Road and Wilmore Road to pick up bridleway across Sinfin Moor. Joind the Trent and Mersey canal at Swarkestone then it a short road section to Ingelby or Stanton by Bridge and you can pick up the Ticknall route thats on on the STW route guide
    its not the most technical but is a good fast blast and a decent length after work. There would also be the option to just play around in Robin Woods
    Closer to site there is the Championship grade BMX track in Alvaston Park (reachable by Sustrans route 6 from Osmaston Road)
    or you could head along the river and up towards Dale Abbey, Drum Hill Way, or there is a route out North West taking in Markeaton Park, Kedleston, Muggington, Langley Common etc but both those involve some road work
    The best biking is as others said round Belper, Ambergate but there is definately opportunity for you to ride straight from work
    I live in Derby and work on Raynesway. Happy to show you round some time

Sheffield and it’s surrounding areas pwns anything available round Derby

iain1775
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member
    Sheffield and it’s surrounding areas pwns anything available round Derby

well obviously, but thats not what Pook was asking is it?

Pook

Excellent – cheers Iain!

That’s just what I’m after. When it brightens up a bit I’ll give you a shout.

STR. Erm, yeah. I know 🙄

I’ve visited Raynesway quite a few times, but always come away thinking I’m glad I don’t work there. Strange people and work ethic.

I always try to arrange a Monday morning meeting. Means a Peak District ride the previous day all paid for on expenses 😀

Pook

Are you calling Iain strange?

😉

Can’t say much more in case someone does a bit of Googling and gets me into deep s**t.

All I’ll say is can someone there make a decision (they’ll probably know what I mean)

iain1775
    Free Member

I dont work at Rolls on Raynesway though, yeah they are strange. Dont seem to understand indicator lights on their cars either 😉
    But then we trust them to build nuclear reactors for submarines! – scary!
    No Im a few companies further down from Rolls on the same side – at the really strange place 😀
    Definately give us a shout whenever, there is a few on here work Derby way – Ive sold some pedals to a guy that works at Rolls on Raynesway and commutes by train/bike from Sheffield way, forget his name now though

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Anyone work for that big Derby based company?’ is closed to new replies.