Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone want some stone balustrade?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

We have about 8 metres including two end posts. It is cast stone and was about £200 per metre from memory.

It should be ready to collect in about 3 weeks when we get the ‘redesign’ of the garden under way.

Free to a good home. You collect it from Southampton. Photo to follow when I can get the phone working.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ll pick it up next time I’m down there. Or you could post it to me?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I can take more pictures and get more accurate measurements if anyone is interested

scaredypants

elf, you having it on the balcony of yer flayt ?

pallyally
    Free Member

There is a market for this type of stuff on Fleabay you know. Might fetch a bob or two.

Was going to pay my builder £150 to dismantle a conservatory to make way for an extension. Ended up auctioning it and got £1300 for it. Bloke turned up in a van, dismantled it and took it away.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Rec yard? They Sometimes dismatle, pick up and pay too. Oh no have I just done Fred out of a freebie. Sorry.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Will try it on Fleabay when we are ready to dismantle then.

Free to a good home until then

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

elf, you having it on the balcony of yer flayt ?

That would look well good you know… 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Bet it would break your postmans back trying to deliver it though. Do you want it recorded delivery to make sure it doesn’t go missing?

Stone is free if you pay postage 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh these posties round here generally they’re ok but when it comes to parcels they can be a bit hit and miss. My neighbour’s going on holiday next week, and he’s having some plants delivered. Thing is, these won’t last long in the heat of a sorting office, without water, so I’ll have to be on the ball to see if they leave an undelivered item card. TBH I’m a bit worried about it really, cos if it goes wrong and I don’t collect them, then he’ll go into one.

I am going to sabotage his squirrel traps though.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Finally got around to putting this on eBay last weekend and some bloke is collecting it as we speak having given me £220 for it!

The only reason it went on eBay last weekend is because i pulled my shoulder muscle while loading it into the back of the truck ready for the tip.

donsimon
    Free Member

i pulled my shoulder muscle while loading it

Exactly how much thought did you have to put into your username? 😛

allthepies
    Free Member

Now he can sell it to some Henry as “aged balustrade” for a markup 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

He can put all the mark up on it he likes. Over £200 for 10m of stuff I was taking to the tip is a result for me as far as i am concerned!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone want some stone balustrade?’ is closed to new replies.