Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone know where I can get a cheap adjustable seat post??
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

It doesn't seem like Superstar are doing the KS i850 anymore?

So who else sells them? I need a 27.2 seatpost and was thinking of one of these, but don't want to spend big money on a Gravity dropper, Crank Bros or the i900?

Or if anyone has one they want to get rid of???

DrP

lots of other shops sell the i850…..
    Just a thought….

DrP

druidh
    Free Member

This really is a case of "you get what you pay for".

bigsi
    Free Member

Crank Bros on CRC at the moment for £110 upwards 😯

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Its a basic up/down mechanism, there is no need for hydraulic damping or fancy coatings like there are on suspension forks.

To pay £200 for somthing that is essentially so simple grates a bit.

What's wrong with trying the concept for sub £100?? It might look basic, it might look naff, it might need cleaning and it might be heavy but don't the expensive ones?

I've did a quick search on google and couldn't seem to find anywhere, hence "where do I get one"?

Northwind

The cheap Joplins around just now seem to be largely Joplin 3s, which are totally s***t sadly.

I'd say that if you want one, do it right, the good ones are obviously too expensive for what they are but they keep working, what price would you put on frustration-free use and no rides spoiled?

nasher
    Free Member

Hey bud

probably wont work on a 27.2, but if you get a telescoopic post with qr (used for bikes with interrupted seat tubes.

stick a shock spring in it, drill a hole and place a screw in the post to stop the spring falling out and hey presto..

a friend of mine did it and it works surprisingly well… cost abot £20

grumm
    Free Member

the i850 is a heavy POS – a mate's lasted half of one ride before disintegrating (admittedly it was the Mega qualifier). They are all heavy but the i850 is ridiculously heavy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know where I can get a cheap adjustable seat post??’ is closed to new replies.